Innovative Marine Aquariums

Justin's Mixed 9G

Justind823

1 minute ago, JR! said:

tanks look awesome. i wanna see more of them 

I just moved stuff around yesterday. Trying to make room for some other stuff and make what's in there a little happier as far as lighting and flow.

If all goes according to plan I should have a clam in there sometime soon. Trying to carve out a space for it! 

Do you have a tank right now?

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, JR! said:

i do. 

nothing but rock and snails in there. going to get some zoas this week

Nice, make it happen

What aquarium are you rocking nowadays? Thread yet?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Could you please describe for a complete novice your sump set up and the equipment you have in the cabinet. I read your entire thread. It's my inspiration for my first try as I already bought same tank 1 mo ago. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/25/2017 at 11:36 AM, Christopher Marks said:

How's the summer been treating you @Justind823? Great to see ya!

What kind of clam are you thinking of adding to your tank? 

Howdy CM! Busy with traveling for work so it's been hard to keep the tank pleasing to the eye. What better than to just go ahead and get a clam for the tank right? :) 

I'm looking at getting a maxima but I've been down in LA for going on three weeks now so we'll see how the tank is looking when I get home in a few days!

On 9/7/2017 at 12:52 PM, ramona said:

Could you please describe for a complete novice your sump set up and the equipment you have in the cabinet. I read your entire thread. It's my inspiration for my first try as I already bought same tank 1 mo ago. 

Here is a list on my main page with a little more detail. Congrats on the new tank!

• Tank: Eheim Aquastyle 9G
  • Sump: Mr. Aqua 7G with DIY baffles
  • Flow/Filtration: Ecotech MP10 in the main tank, Eheim Compact+ 2000 as a return pump
  • Lighting: Nanobox Tide w/ Bluefish Mini, Stock Eheim Aquastyle light for the sump
  • Heating: 200w Jager

I also use two BRS 1.1ml dosers for dosing two part and a autotopoff.com dual float switch ato.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Well everybody... this tank is no more :tears:

We live within Sonoma County in Glen Ellen and we were evacuated for these past two weeks due to the wildfires. Thankfully our house survived but unfortunately for almost the entire time we were evacuated our house was without power. All you reefers know what that means! 

I was really bummed to lose everything but I'm already thinking about what's next ;)

• Sad 5

Oh man,thats awesome to hear YOU survived and you still have a home. I know a lot of people lost everything. Thankfully you can always replace the tank,so thats a plus. 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Justind823 said:

Well everybody... this tank is no more :tears:

We live within Sonoma County in Glen Ellen and we were evacuated for these past two weeks due to the wildfires. Thankfully our house survived but unfortunately for almost the entire time we were evacuated our house was without power. All you reefers know what that means! 

I was really bummed to lose everything but I'm already thinking about what's next ;)

Let me know if you need anything random that could help rebuild. I have a few things! 

-D

• Like 1
7 hours ago, DaveFason said:

Let me know if you need anything random that could help rebuild. I have a few things! 

-D

Thanks Dave! Much appreciated.

I'll let you know I start thinking about the next step.

Just drained it out last night... Yuck:wacko:

16 hours ago, Rehype said:

Sorry to hear you lost the tank Justin but hey everything that really matters is still in tact. Cant wait to see what comes next!

5 hours ago, markalot said:

Glad to hear the house survived, sorry about the tank.  :( 

Thanks guys!

Thinking about a 16" cube but then also something like an 10" cube. Not sure if I want to go bigger or smaller!

In my short time here I've learned this is an amazing community.  While I can't contribute the wisdom I don't have, I can contribute frags and supplies.  

Once the dust settles, let us know what direction you're planning to go with a tank.  I'm sure we can get you pretty well started off.

On 10/24/2017 at 1:11 PM, Narzyzz_12 said:

Dang I feel you bro, at least you and the fam made it out safe

Exactly - things could have been much worse

On 10/24/2017 at 2:54 PM, TatorTaco said:

In my short time here I've learned this is an amazing community.  While I can't contribute the wisdom I don't have, I can contribute frags and supplies.  

Once the dust settles, let us know what direction you're planning to go with a tank.  I'm sure we can get you pretty well started off.

Thanks very much! I love this community, it's great to be apart of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I pulled the trigger the other day and bought some goodies...

@Marine Depot had a group buy going on that I couldn't pass up! I'll need to start a new tank thread and tell you all about it. 

Decided I might as well upgrade and start fresh.

I'm sad to be moving on from the old 9G thread but it is what it is. And so it goes!

• Like 2