Innovative Marine Aquariums

Slay's 16g IM Nuvo! Always Work in Progress.....

slaychild

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like what you have planned for the tank so far. I got mine a little over a week ago and i love it. I have heard many people having trouble with leaks, im glad you were able to fix it and receive those rotating pumps. that should upgrade your flow in the tank from the start. Let me know how the skimmer in the back works, i have heard many of them causing micro bubbles to get in the display. I have a mini fuge i build in the second chamber on one side and its growing chaeto fine.

Thanks.

I like what you have planned for the tank so far. I got mine a little over a week ago and i love it. I have heard many people having trouble with leaks, im glad you were able to fix it and receive those rotating pumps. that should upgrade your flow in the tank from the start. Let me know how the skimmer in the back works, i have heard many of them causing micro bubbles to get in the display. I have a mini fuge i build in the second chamber on one side and its growing chaeto fine.

I am moving the skimmer to the fuge. It fits down there so micro bubbles shouldn't be a problem for me, I hope, lol

Thanks.

I am moving the skimmer to the fuge. It fits down there so micro bubbles shouldn't be a problem for me, I hope, lol

They usually are a problem for the corals. Thats why its not good to have them in your tank. Im debating if i should get one or not because i know you can do fine without one in the nuvo

Ok, now I have run into an issue. My PVC overflow was working great when I did the first test. Now it is barely sending water the water to the sump!!! GRRRR!!! I took it out and re-glued the fittings to make sure there were no leaks and silicon-ed the check valve over again, but it still wont give the the GPH I had in the beginning. Anyone have any ideas?

Today I have added sand to the tank. I decided to go with sand instead of a BB. The wife wanted sand, lol.

I have Real Reef Live Rock coming on Wednesday. After that, I'm just waiting to cycle the tank. Here is some pics of the tank and setup. I still need to work on the wiring to make it look clean.

http://s598.photobucket.com/user/slaychild/media/Innovative%20Marine%2016G%20Nuvo%20White/20130413_200115.jpg.html'>20130413_200115.jpg

http://s598.photobucket.com/user/slaychild/media/Innovative%20Marine%2016G%20Nuvo%20White/20130413_200149.jpg.html'>20130413_200149.jpg

http://s598.photobucket.com/user/slaychild/media/Innovative%20Marine%2016G%20Nuvo%20White/20130413_200139.jpg.html'>20130413_200139.jpg

CrushtheTurtle

nice setup! thinking about getting this tank..a bit worried seeing a few people with leaks, how did you test yours? did you pour water in the display area first and see it seep into the back??

nice setup! thinking about getting this tank..a bit worried seeing a few people with leaks, how did you test yours? did you pour water in the display area first and see it seep into the back??

Thanks. I put water in the back and saw water leaking to the front. The silicone is only in the display and not in the back of the tanks false wall. So this is the best way to check. I just re-siliconed it and checked it again.

Looking nice, do you plan on upgrading the lights? Im really starting to like the AI sol. Im debating if i want them or not

Thanks. I am going to upgrade the lights soon. Maybe in about 4 to 6 months. I like the AI Vega, but I like Reefbreaders lights also, and they are cheaper.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The silicone on the tank has turned yellow!! Now I either have to wait for coralina to grow over the silicone or start a new one.

Oh, and I have a Kessil A150W on it now to

Ugh I hate that for you man, those pics look horrible. I wonder if they'll blame it on you and say you put something in the tank to stain it...

If they refuse to help I'd bitch and yell for a refund. No shipping back, just a refund. Then go buy a different tank. Then just use the lights from this one on the new tank.

I used Dap Aquarium Safe silicone, and where I added it, it is fine, lol

I may just ask for a refund, cause the first email was never answered and the call went no where and I called again today and no answer, so I emailed again.

Archived