Innovative Marine Aquariums

Rock Flower Anemone Picture Thread

nicholc2

Chew_Magna

As long as there's a crevice that the flower nem can put its foot in, I think it would be fine.

Pretty much. When I get one I find the spot I want it, and I just hold it there for 30 seconds to a minute. 3 out of 4 have stayed where I put them. The last one was a wanderer and ended up not making it.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FishDooD65

As long as there's a crevice that the flower nem can put its foot in, I think it would be fine.

I got a nice one from keydiver on his web site for $10. Put it in the tank where I wanted and it hasn't moved. :)

The rock the clownfish spawned on is bare, it gets some light but not a whole lot. I've always wanted a rock nem on there, did not know if they would be able to survive there. I had a red mushroom that made babies and then all 3 of them abandoned rock to float off elsewhere in the tank.

The rock nems are great and usually stay where they initially place their foot. They can move if they arent happy with the light they get but mine have been great and not stung my coral.

• 3 weeks later...
Reef Goddess
  • 2 weeks later...

Happy to hear others have had pure white as well, I mean I"ve seen them and I've only been reefing since Feb and my lfs told me today when she saw the picture "IT'S DYING"- then she added, just give it a few mos. I'm like, "I got it like this, it's eating fine, not acting strange and I just laughed inside. She said they're usually tan. I think she's stuck in her world and may not look online much. It has a little cream orange mouth and sometimes its stripes are more lavender on some days. But what does it mean when its tentacles are arranged outside around the parimeter versus sitting more inward???? Lately it's done the 2nd picture more. I alternate feeding it once or twice a week. Does it want more or less food or more or less light?

I think she's stuck in her world and may not look online much.

I run into this daily. When I try to talk to people about some more in-depth things involved in reefing I get blown off like I don't know what I'm talking about because I'm speaking of things that other people don't know. It's the same thing, they have their own little world of limited information and they don't know about the rest so they assume you don't know what you're talking about.

Kat that pic is highly edited. It looks like a standard jpeg that someone used an HDR filter on to blow it out. I'd love to see the stock photo.

Kat that pic is highly edited. It looks like a standard jpeg that someone used an HDR filter on to blow it out. I'd love to see the stock photo.

Iphone photo I think. Regardless, look at the size of that happy nem!

I run into this daily. When I try to talk to people about some more in-depth things involved in reefing I get blown off like I don't know what I'm talking about because I'm speaking of things that other people don't know. It's the same thing, they have their own little world of limited information and they don't know about the rest so they assume you don't know what you're talking about.

Hey Chew . . . Edited??? Not a bit. It's an iPhone 4S HDR image. Under PC Actinic and 50/50 lighting.

That's it. W- :)

Hey Chew . . . Edited??? Not a bit. It's an iPhone 4S HDR image. Under PC Actinic and 50/50 lighting.

That's it. W- :)

Lol, then it's edited. An iPhone isn't capable of shooting raw images for true HDR so it's software edited within the phone to give the illusion that it is. You can easily tell by the blown out colors and every edge inside the pic. I can do this same thing with my phone, and I can do the same thing by importing a jpeg into Photoshop and using the standard HDR filter. That's the exact same thing the iPhone is doing with it's "HDR" photos.

So, it's edited. ;)

Lookit what I have flooooooating in a baggie!

RMR5ZF4.jpg

A splurge for sure. I'll be eating dollar menu for a few days now.

Lol, then it's edited. An iPhone isn't capable of shooting raw images for true HDR so it's software edited within the phone to give the illusion that it is. You can easily tell by the blown out colors and every edge inside the pic. I can do this same thing with my phone, and I can do the same thing by importing a jpeg into Photoshop and using the standard HDR filter. That's the exact same thing the iPhone is doing with it's "HDR" photos.

So, it's edited. ;)

Lookit what I have flooooooating in a baggie!

RMR5ZF4.jpg

A splurge for sure. I'll be eating dollar menu for a few days now.

Well, I guess you're right, technically. But all I did was point and shoot. :) Yes, HDR is 3 layers.

When I think of editing I think of going into photoshop which I do everyday (as a Creative Director)

and messing with filters, color shifts, layers, saturation, hue, curves, etc . . . W-

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You guys have some nice ones. I bought mine at an LFS that didn't know what it was. $10. But it is tan with slightly lighter tan tentacles. Defininately not a super model ! LOL But he never hid, moved once and has not moved in 2 weeks. Beautiful pics of you guy's RFAs !!

Update on mine since 1 month passed. Now it's bigger and looking like this.

003_zps3b7fc020.jpg

looking good! glad to see it doing well in your tank

I lost my new green one today. This is the third one I've had that wouldn't sit still and eventually keeled over on me. My other two are just peachy.

I lost my new green one today. This is the third one I've had that wouldn't sit still and eventually keeled over on me. My other two are just peachy.

Well crap. The ones that made it, are they just face up or on the side? Do you think it's a flow or light issue?

The two I have left do whatever they want. They're always attached and face up, both even walk around sometimes but for the most part stay put. The three I lost just wouldn't sit still anywhere. Those three were also all "transparent" to an extent, where my other two are very solid looking. Idk if that has anything to do with it but there it is.

Archived