SaltCritters.com

Rock Flower Anemone Picture Thread

nicholc2

For those of us that have these, let's get a picture thread going. Mine have finally decided to come out and actually are sharing the same hole in my LR (lovers, not fighters). It'll be cool to see the different types/colors of these. :D

I tried getting a better pic of the lower one, but it is at an angle my camera doesn't like too well.

post-79022-0-58249700-1364216998_thumb.jpg
post-79022-0-96608700-1364216993_thumb.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's mine under actinic lights. White face with neon green.
Still going strong even after a tank crash! W-

post-74100-0-25484500-1364224932_thumb.jpg

Here's mine under actinic lights. White face with neon green.

Still going strong even after a tank crash! W-

I have one identical to this.

f734e5e391ff5fdbdf26a1ed650a6806_zps30ce

I also have this one.

c98a9cc604964c809f3c513332159b5f_zps3046

The second one is one of the first things i put in my tank. It came as part of a package deal marketed for nano's. When it arrived it was a very light peach in color and some of it's tentacles were clear. It hid for over a month in a dark hole and wouldn't eat. One day I decided to flip the rock it was on so i could enjoy it. The peach color had gotten better but it wasn't until I put it in a different tank that it got the colors you see in the above photo.

Both of mine hid for days. The one hid so much I bought the second one so I could see one and then it hid! LOL At this point, though, they are LR hole mates and seem very happy. I'll be very happy when the lower one extends fully. The green on the disc is super electric.

I've got 5. 2 small green tentacles, 1 large green tent, a maroon colored one, and a beige one. They are all on a rock in the back of my tank, hiding from my LEDs.

This is the one I currently have :20121013_161717.jpg

I'm getting a new one from Aquascapers tomorrow that I'll post after it settles in.

I have three, a beige one, a white with faint yellow/green stripes in the center, and a platinum one. I'll have to get pics up later. The beige was my first and is doing the best, but the two newer ones aren't settled yet. The platinum keeps moving everywhere and won't open for me. I had a fourth, but a peppermint shrimp killed it a while back.

Just got the new one in - it got pretty cold here overnight (for Florida)- they did put in a heat pack that was still warm - it looks like it has expelled it's stomach - I'm hoping it will pull through:

20130326_103128.jpg

xerophyte_nyc

Rock Anemones are one of the easier reef tank inhabitants to care for. Just find a little nook for them to stabilize their foot, and leave them be. I almost never target feed mine. They have excellent fluorescence under actinic lighting.

DSC00378_zps3524f33f.jpg

P1040527.jpg

Rock Anemones are one of the easier reef tank inhabitants to care for. Just find a little nook for them to stabilize their foot, and leave them be. I almost never target feed mine. They have excellent fluorescence under actinic lighting.

DSC00378_zps3524f33f.jpg

P1040527.jpg

Those are STUNNING!

agreed - those are gorgeous!

I can't believe you'd be caught dead with something that looks like that in your tank. You should totally let me take them off your hands. You'll feel better if you do. :lol:

• 1 month later...
Chew_Magna

I wish I could get some colors like you guys have. I've been feeding mine krill (huge chunks at a time) and I'm finally starting to see some color besides beige.

Mine actually came that way, but have been coloring up more with feedings and lights. I need to snap some new pics. :D

How much light do they need?

Low to high light per the aquascapers web site.

Med to high flow.

I have 2 rock flowers and they by far are the hardiest things in my tank.

Well, besides the GSP! :)

The rock the clownfish spawned on is bare, it gets some light but not a whole lot. I've always wanted a rock nem on there, did not know if they would be able to survive there. I had a red mushroom that made babies and then all 3 of them abandoned rock to float off elsewhere in the tank.

The rock the clownfish spawned on is bare, it gets some light but not a whole lot. I've always wanted a rock nem on there, did not know if they would be able to survive there. I had a red mushroom that made babies and then all 3 of them abandoned rock to float off elsewhere in the tank.

As long as there's a crevice that the flower nem can put its foot in, I think it would be fine.

I got a nice one from keydiver on his web site for $10. Put it in the tank where I wanted and it hasn't moved. :)

Archived