ReefCleaners.org

ClayaLaLeona's 40 Breeder

Paandemonium

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paandemonium

I think it's more heartbreaking to actually be winning an auction for any period of time then finding out you lost it @ the lost second to some dickface with auction sniper

That's the type of person that deserves a kick to the nutz at the very least I give them ten minutes to outbid me or I all together forget and end up missing out on the bid >.<

i like clownfish #2 at 0:13. but the other is cool as well.

Same here! But I'm looking in to all my options as that clown is a couple of corals worth >.> $250 with a DOA, that's more expensive than my current lights. I'm going to check with my LFS tomorrow to see if they have something better to offer me or if they can order some batches of "extreme picassos" or "semi platinums" for me as that'll be cheaper. The reality however is that I want a fish that looks like the one in the video and have been looking for one for a while, if I let it go I may be looking for another two months.

Theres someone on craigslist that sells clowns locally and they also culture phyto and rotifers. I know who she is, I will have to see if I can contact her and see if she has anything available. She was the one selling the phytoplankton to the store I was working at.

So picky! LOL. I walked into my LFS, saw my misbar clown and said, "Put her in a bag!" ;) The kids picked out the male/baby and there's nothing cool about him at all. Someday I'll get a sweet pair of exotic clowns. I really wanted at least a black clown but my DH said they look evil. :(

Since I've had the classic Ocellaris plenty of times and I think I have them out of my system now....next go around I'm thinking of getting a solid black and a solid orange. I think they call them "naked" clowns.

Since you're looking for the perfect markings, you probably wouldn't be interested in those. But that's my suggestion. :)

Paandemonium

So picky! LOL. I walked into my LFS, saw my misbar clown and said, "Put her in a bag!" ;) The kids picked out the male/baby and there's nothing cool about him at all. Someday I'll get a sweet pair of exotic clowns. I really wanted at least a black clown but my DH said they look evil. :(

I am super picky >.< I found one a while ago on this forum but he wasn't for sale :closedeyes: :tears:

(the guy who owns it obviously didnt know how much money I was willing to drop on a clownfish lol) I used to have one of those mocha misbar clowns and he was the bomb! the black ones are delicious to look at as well but nothing beats a platinum/ picasso clown with little black markings that makes it look like it has panda ears :wub:

jedimasterben

Since I've had the classic Ocellaris plenty of times and I think I have them out of my system now....next go around I'm thinking of getting a solid black and a solid orange. I think they call them "naked" clowns.

Since you're looking for the perfect markings, you probably wouldn't be interested in those. But that's my suggestion. :)

Yep, naked for orange and midnight for black. The midnights are a very pretty penny, though, because they get a couple out of every few batches from what I understand.

Paandemonium

I also like the look of naked clowns, or more so the ones with just a spot on their cheeks but for this tank I want at least one thing that I absolutely adore as my centerpiece and thats going to be the perfect clown(once I find it of course). I just don't want to drop $250 on a clown and then two weeks later exactly what I wanted comes up for sale <_< which is why I'm being so picky.

This tank DEFINITELY needs some LED lovin' :)

Hook her up Benny

Always be picky with anything you get. ;) I would recommend scouring your LFS every so often if they order those kinds of fish.

I don't spend a lot of $$$ on fish, but clowns would be my exception.

"platinum/ picasso clown with little black markings that makes it look like it has panda ears"

That sounds so cute :)
Paandemonium

I don't spend a lot of $$$ on fish, but clowns would be my exception.

That sounds so cute :)

Thats what I'm on the hunt for, I've seen some that are close but nothing quite yet I will be on the lookout!

Hook her up Benny

Always be picky with anything you get. ;) I would recommend scouring your LFS every so often if they order those kinds of fish.

My LFS already knows to watch out for something special for me they're cool guys

jessegarcia28

im the same way with my clowns, Im actually in the hunt also for some ultra premium Picassos . I saw a nice pair @ one of my lfs here in san diego, but not the exact markings Im looking for

btw AquaSD is like 20 mins. away from the crib ;)

Paandemonium

im the same way with my clowns, Im actually in the hunt also for some ultra premium Picassos . I saw a nice pair @ one of my lfs here in san diego, but not the exact markings Im looking for

btw AquaSD is like 20 mins. away from the crib ;)

Doni's reef is alwaysssss sold out so I've given up on them, have you tried DD on live aquaria? they had a nice pair a couple of days ago

I'm super jelly, If I lived by aquaSD I'd be paying their light bill with my purchases daily lmao

jessegarcia28

I missed out on a pair the other day from DD. & like u , I also have some buddys that work @ LFS on the look out for a nice pair

Will @ aquasd always have the good stuff here in SD + I don't mind taking a 2 hr road trip and hit up LFS in the orange county area to LA :)

good times

im jesse btw

Paandemonium

I missed out on a pair the other day from DD. & like u , I also have some buddys that work @ LFS on the look out for a nice pair

Will @ aquasd always have the good stuff here in SD + I don't mind taking a 2 hr road trip and hit up LFS in the orange county area to LA :)

good times

im jesse btw

What about these guys?

http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemDisplay.cfm?c=2733+3&ddid=183994

I feel like ill be on the hunt for a while <_<

Try houseofclowns@hotmail.com Kent is a cool guy and is working on finding me exactly what I want( also he doesn't sound like a neanderthal and knows his stuff well)

Hai Jesse :lol:

Paandemonium

If you want a deep blue I would go 4 ATI blue + 1 ATI coral bulb and 1 KZ Fiji purple. You will have tons of blue and GREAT growth.

Thanks lawnman :happy:

Archived