Coral Vue Hydros

-- The Italian Nano Cube --

erisen

Thanks for the image erisen. Can you please answers my following queries :

- Are the leds on 5 individual channels ?

- What intensity are you running each color at ?

- Are you using any lenses on the Leds ?

Thanks

Thanks for the image erisen. Can you please answers my following queries :

- Are the leds on 5 individual channels ?

- What intensity are you running each color at ?

- Are you using any lenses on the Leds ?

Thanks

I don't remember the technical data sorry (have passed 3 years old ... it was one of the first cree).
I not use lenses, the tank is too small!
  • 4 months later...

Holy smokes. Feeding beer yeast is genius, but do you have to skim at all or do the water changes cover it? I'm also fascinated by the work that was put in to figure out compatibility between the corals for placement. Where can one find information like that???

Yeah, the beer yeast is a pretty neat idea. Think its similar to those people who use rid-x in their tanks?

I've never heard of people using rid-X. But the idea of beer yeast is great. They grow like crazy at room temperature over a 24-48 hour period, they can be easily propagated in a flask on a desktop, and they are cheap. You could probably even get bread yeast (those little packets) and grow them in sugar water overnight and be fine. When you need a new yeast batch, use a tiny amount of the previous batch to start growing your new one. Just like sourdough bread.

I'd be more concerned about them lasting long enough to be consumed before lysing in the high-salt water. But if you spot fed or fed a small amount a bunch of times, I can't imagine it would work well.

One piece of thought for those with protein skimmers - yeast like to grow A LOT. If you give them something to grow on, they will do so. I'd imagine a skimmer cup would be a perfect place for the yeast to overgrow, so make sure to truly clean the skimmer cup.

Nano sapiens

Very nice, vibrant tank!

I had heard of yeast being used as food for corals before, but this is the first Nano tank I've seen that uses it. Looks like it is working :)

I noticed your comments regarding Zoanthid issues. I've had my share of problems with them from Amphipods to Pox to just wasting away for unknown reasons. It seems that some of the slightest changes can cause issues for some types while others are uneffected and even prosper.

Ah, I remember a local reefer swore by it a few years ago, not sure if its still used.

I'm also a reef noob, so it's entirely possible and probably likely that someone is using it and that I've just never heard of it.

• 2 months later...

Complimenti, bellissimo acquario, molto bello il lavoro. Forgive me, my Italian isn't that great ;).

Absolutely beautiful aquarium you have established there. So much colour in such a small space. Keep up the good work :).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...