SaltCritters.com

I FOUND STAR GRASS!

MeepNand

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*&^$@! They don't ship to Cal, presumably because of calpulera regulations.

:furious:

What's it good for or just decoration?

Well, it's rare and pretty decorative. Doesn't need a ton of sand like other species.

I haven't had much luck with H. engelmannii. I've collected floating sprigs and tried them out in a nutrient-rich tank with T5 lighting and both coarse and fine aragonite. The healthy pieces often linger for months but ultimately never grow and fade away. I think these guys don't require powerful lighting since they're often over 3 feet deep in very turbid water, but the key may be their natural substrate, mud. I'm gonna test this out in the near future by setting up a mud tank.

TeflonTomDosh

That's because the guy doesn't ship anywhere in CA. B freaking S.

you should build something to ship it. like a beam me up scotty type contraption.

you should build something to ship it. like a beam me up scotty type contraption.

Yeah... that's totally going to happen. All I can do is try to change the legislature, and that's less likely.

that's cause LA stinks.

But what doesn't kill you makes you stronger! lol. And it keeps people from noticing my "interesting" odor....

I just received my first order from Florida Pets. I got a little bit of star grass and 40 small clams to feed my puffer and my mantis. The puffer is going nuts. She knows she's supposed to do something with them, but isn't sure what. She keeps gnawing on their shells...which is great because I don't want her teeth to get long, but she hasn't managed to crack one yet. The mantis knocked one all the way across it's tank.

Everything arrived alive and in good shape and communication with John at Florida Pets was first rate. Very glad to have found a place that sells these tiny clams. Shipping was pocket change.

If he can build a $2 wavemaker....who knows.

Post coming soon to NR: "Save on shipping with the $17.50 fish transporter"

• 1 month later...
loyalhero90

Has anyone else ordered from Florida Pets?

I have ordered from Florida pets. I ordered just two star grass flowers. I received the order last Wednesday and the grass has already grown from 2 to 4. It is growing really fast and all look healthy. The service was top notch and the responses were prompt.

I don't like the $9 shipping right now with my low funds XD however I will order from them one day

I need to order some more clams and star grass. Want more fauna in my tanks to help with nutrient transport.

I don't like the $9 shipping right now with my low funds XD however I will order from them one day

Ya my shipping was more than my order.. grrr.. didn't have much choice with brittle stars though. Thats the bad thing about dry rock.. gatta buy/beg for my good critters.

I need to order some more clams and star grass. Want more fauna in my tanks to help with nutrient transport.

exactly what I want to order! and micro brittles

Ya my shipping was more than my order.. grrr.. didn't have much choice with brittle stars though. Thats the bad thing about dry rock.. gatta buy/beg for my good critters.

I had so many micro brittles that I was giving them away to friends here then my tank got fried and lost ALL of them T_T

exactly what I want to order! and micro brittles

I had so many micro brittles that I was giving them away to friends here then my tank got fried and lost ALL of them T_T

Can't you just go collect them? I bought a mushroom coral piece because I saw the micro brittle stars that were white and black stripe. Haven't seem them multiply or if they are still around. They're very elusive in their crevices with their legs just sticking out.

I had red ones but my tank went downhill and now almost a year later I see them. Not sure where they went hiding all that time, they use to be all over the tanks and crawling over everything. These seem to hide.

Archived