SaltCritters.com

Um...that's not a maxi-mini

Voodoodol

Recently I ordered a maxi-mini carpet anemone to go with the other three I have in my little garden. I requested a specific color if possible. Well, not only did I not get the color I wanted, I didn't even get the species I wanted. Thought something looked off when it was still acclimating in it's bag. After I put it in the tank on the rock with my actual maxi minis I knew for certain something wasn't right. The tentacles were too delicate and not shaped like a maxi mini. The center was white and the edge was a real pretty green. It almost looked like a bubble nem and I nearly panicked a little because my tanks are no where near ready for one of those.

I had to leave for work and didn't get a positive ID on the nem until a few minutes ago. Instead of the maxi mini that I ordered they sent me a rock flower anemone. I already have one. This ones nice...but not what I ordered. I've contacted the company and I feel certain they will make good on this. They have been great the last few months that I've been using them. I've always been given immediate credits when something went wrong. No questions asked. I'm hoping they letme keep the rock flower nem, because shipping it back would be too stressful, and that the also ship me what i ordered...on their shipping dime. Will giv them a chance to make it right before I name them.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? What did you order? What actually showed up on your doorstep?

Happens to me at McDonald's sometimes, occasionally pizza places too. One time I ordered a sausage mcmuffin with egg and it didn't have any egg on it :)

Has this ever happened to anyone else? What did you order? What actually showed up on your doorstep?

Happens to me at McDonald's sometimes, occasionally pizza places too. One time I ordered a sausage mcmuffin with egg and it didn't have any egg on it :)

I see what you did there. :lol:

I am curious, is this just a run of the mill brown rock flower anemone?

He said it was a white center with a nice green rim, so I can assume it isn't. The only thing even similar that I've ever experienced was a mismatched Ricordia, and some coral that didn't live up to the picture. Most online vendors are actually very good at getting what's in your order in to the box.

I see what you did there. :lol: I am curious, is this just a run of the mill brown rock flower anemone?
No, it's actually a very pretty green one. Will post a pic tomorrow.

He said it was a white center with a nice green rim, so I can assume it isn't. The only thing even similar that I've ever experienced was a mismatched Ricordia, and some coral that didn't live up to the picture. Most online vendors are actually very good at getting what's in your order in to the box.
Yea ive never had trouble with this vendor before. On the rare occasion where a fish didn't make it through shipping or they were unable to fulfil part of my order they have immediately issued refunds/credits. I expect they will this time too. Just weird how a rock flower nem can be mistaken for a maxi mini. But, it happens I guess.

The vendor got back with me this morning. Not only did they agree to send me the maxi mini that I ordered they threw in 500 pods for free and ate the shipping cost. Plus, I get to keep the beautiful green rock flower anemone they sent by mistake. It's a beautiful lime green with a white center.

Have what might be a bit of a problem though. Before I realized it wasn't a maxi mini I put it in the tank and directed it to the rock I wanted it to go on. It was only after it attached to that rock and opened up a few hours later that I was able to determine for certain that it wasn't a maxi. Now, I have three maxis on that rock and now a rock nem. No one seems unhappy. And I'm running CPE/Purigen/chaeto/LR rubble in the filtration. Anyone think I'm gonna have problems mixing this guy up with my maxis?is there a way to safely remove it from that rock should the need arise?

The vendor got back with me this morning. Not only did they agree to send me the maxi mini that I ordered they threw in 500 pods for free and ate the shipping cost. Plus, I get to keep the beautiful green rock flower anemone they sent by mistake. It's a beautiful lime green with a white center. Have what might be a bit of a problem though. Before I realized it wasn't a maxi mini I put it in the tank and directed it to the rock I wanted it to go on. It was only after it attached to that rock and opened up a few hours later that I was able to determine for certain that it wasn't a maxi. Now, I have three maxis on that rock and now a rock nem. No one seems unhappy. And I'm running CPE/Purigen/chaeto/LR rubble in the filtration. Anyone think I'm gonna have problems mixing this guy up with my maxis?is there a way to safely remove it from that rock should the need arise?

I wouldn't worry. If anyone is unhappy they'll simply move.

I have no experience myself with this since I keep my nems away from each other but supposedly you do not want to mix rock flowers and maxi minis. If they are all fine together then I wouldn't change it.

I wouldn't worry. If anyone is unhappy they'll simply move.

One maxi moved to the other side of the rock but all seems well ATM. I try not to touch them, much less move them. Seems like it would be unpleasant for both of us.

Here is the pretty green rock nem I received.

f734e5e391ff5fdbdf26a1ed650a6806_zps30ce

Rock nems are tough as nails. I already had one that came in the very first livestock package deal I ever ordered. It has survived some serious mistakes I've made, a corillamorph/powerhead fiasco, and a couple of tank moves. Plus, it wasn't very healthy when I first received it and hid from the light for weeks until I finally flipped the rock it was on over so I could see it. I've still got that one. It's a weird orange-y/greenish/brown color and is looking fabulous these days. The green one above looks great! Sorry for poor pic quality. Gotta get a new camera.

Psy! you speak english? :wub:

Here is the pretty green rock nem I received. f734e5e391ff5fdbdf26a1ed650a6806_zps30ce Rock nems are tough as nails. I already had one that came in the very first livestock package deal I ever ordered. It has survived some serious mistakes I've made, a corillamorph/powerhead fiasco, and a couple of tank moves. Plus, it wasn't very healthy when I first received it and hid from the light for weeks until I finally flipped the rock it was on over so I could see it. I've still got that one. It's a weird orange-y/greenish/brown color and is looking fabulous these days. The green one above looks great! Sorry for poor pic quality. Gotta get a new camera.

Rock Anemone.

Psy! you speak english? :wub:

Rock Anemone.

Ah, ahahaha, AHAHAHA. You're so witty. How did you get all of those awards again? :P

The maxi mini didn't make it. Starting past Friday I emailed customer service at reefs2go and attached photos of the mutilated anemone and later the dead anemone. I thought I would hear back from them yesterday. I didn't. If i don't hear from them today then they are about to get some very bad reviews both on their own site, this one and any others I can find where they are a sponsor.

Just incase nobody noticed this.

Quote 1.

They have been great the last few months that I've been using them. I've always been given immediate credits when something went wrong. No questions asked. I'm hoping they letme keep the rock flower nem

Quote2

The vendor got back with me this morning. Not only did they agree to send me the maxi mini that I ordered they threw in 500 pods for free and ate the shipping cost. Plus, I get to keep the beautiful green rick nem that they sent by mistake!

Quote 3

The maxi mini didn't make it. Starting past Friday I emailed customer service at reefs2go and attached photos of the mutilated anemone and later the dead anemone. I thought I would hear back from them yesterday. I didn't. If i don't hear from them today then they are about to get some very bad reviews both on their own site, this one and any others I can find where they are a sponsor.

Voodoo you sound like a child. They made a mistake and corrected it. They also gave u some awsome free crap. Too bad your just busy killing it all.

Just incase nobody noticed this.

Quote 1.

They have been great the last few months that I've been using them. I've always been given immediate credits when something went wrong. No questions asked. I'm hoping they letme keep the rock flower nem

Quote2

The vendor got back with me this morning. Not only did they agree to send me the maxi mini that I ordered they threw in 500 pods for free and ate the shipping cost. Plus, I get to keep the beautiful green rick nem that they sent by mistake!

Quote 3

Voodoo you sound like a child. They made a mistake and corrected it. They also gave u some awsome free crap. Too bad your just busy killing it all.

Wouldn't you get mad that you received the wrong type of anemone that you paid a pretty penny for? Then proceed to get another one, but this one was already dead? He shouldn't have received the wrong anemone in the first place. I feel that the frustration is justified...

Wait I got a little confused. I see now that the anemone he said got chewed was a different one. Thats ok. I thought he was trying to get a refund for an anemone that he basicly got for free. If it was DOA then by all means set the boards on fire. But if he chewed the replacement nem and wants a refund then shame shame.

Give them a chance to respond. Every time I see one of these they get ugly, someone trashes a company here or in multiple places, then the company has to defend itself from a 4 page post about how horrible they are before they even had a chance to respond.

I have dealt with this company a couple times and ime they will take care of you.

Garrett

Wait I got a little confused. I see now that the anemone he said got chewed was a different one. Thats ok. I thought he was trying to get a refund for an anemone that he basicly got for free. If it was DOA then by all means set the boards on fire. But if he chewed the replacement nem and wants a refund then shame shame.

Haha yeah. I thought so at first too. The replacement nem was already dead.

How did it get mutilated?

It arrived that way. I couldn't see what shape it was in until after I took it out of the bag. The water was very cloudy and I knew it wasn't a good sign. My guess is the employee who packed it for shipping injured it trying to remove it from whatever it was attached to in their tank. The box it was shipped in wasn't damaged and the other inhabitants in the box were fine so I don't think it happened in shipping.

I heard back from reefs2go today. I thought I would. I haven't and won't say bad things about them, but was concerned when I didn't hear back from them on Friday and became more concerned when yesterday came and went with no word. In the end I wrote yesterday's failure to hear from them off to it just being a typical Monday and orders and emails were probably stacked up from the weekend. But i was still a little frustrated. In the past they have responded nearly instantly. They are making it right, as they have always done on past orders, and they also want to know the employee initials on the packing slip so they can retrain them in the proper way to remove an anemone from rock/substrate/tank bottom. I took a picture of the packing slip and am about to email it to Elyse.

And for the folks who misread what I wrote and tried to start some 4th grade drama and almost outright accused me of trying to cheat someone out of something YIKES....please slow down and actually read what someone writes before becoming so vile, hateful and repugnant. Yeah, I know, it's the Internet , but gosh where are your manners? Civility shouldn't end just because you think you are anonymous.

Many thanks to Reefs2go.com for such excellent customer service. They have never failed to make it right on any of my transactions with them. And I'm gonna plug their pods here (which I hope is ok since they are a site sponsor/vendor.) The pods they sell are HUGE and plentiful. Nothing I've seen to date at any LFS comes close to matching theirs in size and sheer volume and the LFS's are galaxies away from beating R2G's prices. Check 'em out.

Ok i was done but thanx for bringing me back in to the convo :).

I corrected my previous previous statement before you even came back to check on this thread. Please point me to the vile, repugnant things I said. They must have been horrible, nasty, unspeakable things. Oh wait you mean when I said "u sound like a child" and "shame shame."

Let me go report myself.

Gtfo

Ok i was done but thanx for bringing me back in to the convo :).

I corrected my previous previous statement before you even came back to check on this thread. Please point me to the vile, repugnant things I said. They must have been horrible, nasty, unspeakable things. Oh wait you mean when I said "u sound like a child" and "shame shame."

Let me go report myself.

Gtfo

You accused me of killing the anemone and trying to swindle a company out of their product for free. Neither of which I did. To me, those are vile, hateful and repugnant things to say to anyone unless you know for a fact and have indisputable proof of your accusations. But, as they say on here...GFY. Its not a big deal that you lack reading comprehension skills and apparently enjoy making an ass out of yourself. More entertainment for everyone else I suppose.

Good to hear it's being resolved. I didn't say much but am guilty of believing this was your accident, so I'm sorry. We've seen a lot of bad customers spout off here lately so people are making assumptions. :)

Archived