inTank Media Baskets

SNG's Reef Tank. 10 months old 2/22/2015

slowngreen

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your citron and pajama have ich. :( I'm going through the same thing right now.

Btw love the color of your citron, I ended up with the more brown variety.

I thought about going that route but everything I read (actual research) says that it doesn't do jack. The only treatments for marine ich that work are hyposalinity or copper which neither can be done in the tank.

Really? Good to know. It works great in freshwater, but thats freshwater. What are you going to do?

Ive read a bunch that garlic is a real good way to get rid of it. I think Im going to try that, maybe my cleaner shrimp will help out too.

Yeah Ich is stupid lol. Going to get Kordon tomorrow.

It probably came in on the Tang, they almost always carry it. I've had several bouts with it and my conclusion is that once its in there its impossible to get rid off it without letting your tank run fallow. Try feeding some NLS Thera plus, saved my fish

Really? Good to know. It works great in freshwater, but thats freshwater. What are you going to do?

Ive read a bunch that garlic is a real good way to get rid of it. I think Im going to try that, maybe my cleaner shrimp will help out too.

Garlic is another wife's tale, there's absolutely no recorded proof (studies) that it does anything at all.

Give this a read and read all the links in it.

http://reefsanctuary.com/forums/fish-diseases-treatments/23132-marine-ich-myths-facts.html

You're running a 6x t5 fixture correct? What brand is it? Your tank looks great.

Their no label. Same thing I think as Odyssea just unmarked. Been perfect except 2 of the moon led's only work part time but for the price I dont care.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LCD-Timer-36-234W-6x39-Fluorescent-Actinic-T5-HO-Aquarium-Light-Fixture-Marine-/140928759760?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20d00237d0

@Chewy, Yeah Ive read that. To me it cant hurt to try the garlic.

If its as simple as just relaxing them and making them want to eat, thats a win win.

Not a bad looking fixture. Seems a little different than the odyssea. Does it have one big flat reflector or individual reflectors? How's the built in controller working for ya?

After looking at the pictures more closely it looks more like an aquatic life knock off. I have a 4x24 aquatic life and the controller is very similar as well as the end caps and the whole body of the light. It seems there is one reflector for every 2 lights? Hard to tell in the pics. Nice find though. Would make a good starting point for a t5/led evil cluster build.

If its as simple as just relaxing them and making them want to eat, thats a win win.

I've been dosing it as well just to ease my mind that I'm doing something.

Well my pajama and citron both died yesterday. Not too happy with my first online fish order, both had ick and died in a few days. Wish I had more local options, wish in one hand....

• 4 weeks later...

You probably had ich in the tank already and the new fish caught it. Online shipping creates stress and stress leads to a weakened immune system. IMO if you have to order online you need to QT all fish. I only buy local and have never had an outbreak. Stock slowly and concentrate on keeping the fish well fed and healthy.

My Kole tang, Kole, was dead this morning :unsure: RIP Kole. Dude was hella cool and I didnt see anything wrong with him but he was covered in white when I found him.

That sucks man, I was thinking about getting one for my 40B but decided against it when I saw how active they were. I wouldn't get new fish until you treat all your fish in an other tank while leaving the display fallow for 8-10 weeks. It'll suck, but it's better than losing a bunch of fish because of the same reason

thanks and yeah no new fish till Im sure its gone. I have a 15 I was using as a sump, gonna pull the baffles tomorrow and if I can catch my fish I'll put them in there.

Archived