Innovative Marine Aquariums

SNG's Reef Tank. 10 months old 2/22/2015

slowngreen

Im going to stick with this light setup, should I replace the 12000k's? They are 6 months old 7 hours a day every day.

Now or in the very near future. 6 months is what you want to aim for.
  • Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I think this is the best combo you have had so far. At least from what the pics look like.

Well I went back to 3 12000k, 1 act, 1 blue + and one purple +, instantly about perfect again to me.

Just want alittle more fluorescent pop though. Think if I replace the on stock actinic with a ???? Super actinic? It will pop more on the fluorescent stuff?

IMAG0417.jpg

Thank you sir, the only thing I didnt care for is in person the colors on the fish didnt stand out very much, such as the lines on my dart fishes face, they are really silver now though.

Lookin' good man!!

Thanks dude! All the zoas I got from you are growing hella fast. Time to frag some of the colonies and spread them around a bit.

Thanks, Im not sure personally, I think I like it more now, have a new little cave for the fish this way and it ads some front to back depth.

Only things Im not liking after all about the added rock is my new Kole is staying hidden behind it. Should I not worry about it and give him time to come out on his own? Ive had him maybe a week? He's really timid. Ive seen him eat during feeding though and he's eating any algae he finds.

Give him time, he's a new fish. Hell my mono still hides from me sometimes and I've had him for a couple months. Sometimes he's fine, sometimes he runs from me when I approach the tank.

Man, why have I not seen this tank before? Your light combo makes your corals glow. Daaang. I'm more of an SPS guy but those softies are awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta say I'm with everyone else the black sand looks really good. I think I'll have to try that in he 30 I'm setting up.

Check out my old cube (in my sig)

Black sand, 20" cube (35 ish gallons), might be a good reference/source of inspiration.

Just an update, my zebra dart jumped out when I had the top off and I didnt notice till it was too late. Also removed my yellow tail.

So current livestock consists of a Kole tang, mandorin, emerald crap, blue legs, snails, one cleaner shrimp and a blue green chromis.

But I ordered a pajama card and a yellow citron. Also a couple plates and some wizard of oz zoas.

Archived