inTank Media Baskets

2.5 mantis lighting

majestic sea life

majestic sea life

hey i want to do a 2.5 mantis now what light can i get and fit on that or well i need a 5.5 i dont want to spend 50$ on lights maybe 30 the most thx

If you don't want to spend any money, just put it in a windowsill that gets some light everyday. If you do frequent water changes, algae shouldn't be a problem. Mine has been going fine for about 9 months. Either that or get one of those super compact flourescent bulbs (50/50), (coralife) the kind that screw into a regular incandescent light fixture. Foster and Smith has them for about $9.00 a piece, and they are 10 watts, but put out a lot more light than an incandescent. They work great and you can use any inexpensive light fixture or lamp.

• 3 weeks later...
Deleted User 8530

Sorta the same thing i do but I use the HD ones! They are 19w a pop and the same cost! So far it is BRIGHT! I am also looking into the ones at petsmart.

• 2 weeks later...
ImAnanoReefer

Mantis Shrimp are not the hardest to keep I have heard. Check out http://grimreefers.com/ they have a forum on mantis shrimp, and alot of really cool videos o get you psyched for keeping a shrimp! Have fun and tell me more about your tank sometime.

Archived