Cultivated Reef

Zia's *INSANE AIO* Contest

Zia

Poll Closed. AIO WINNER is eddiecorrea  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Who has the best concept? Based on there idea and ability to build out this AIO, who deserves it?

• uwwmatt (Team Rally Monkey aka Darkhorse)
    • 6gallon nano reef 101
    • JamesHL88
    • eddiecorrea (Team Lawnman)
    • Evanski9
    • Clownin_around29
    • jbb_00 (Team metroKat)

Cool video. The naked has sharing issues for sure. Or maybe the other clown is scared. Like WTF where are your stripes? He just dosent recognize?

Hahahaha, the Naked has been in the clown for like 6 days, and has already claimed the anemone.. The Black Ice Snowflake was added today, so they're still butting heads.. There was some serious aggression when I first introduced him, but they're swimming together now, just no sharing of the anemone yet!

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahahaha, the Naked has been in the clown for like 6 days, and has already claimed the anemone.. The Black Ice Snowflake was added today, so they're still butting heads.. There was some serious aggression when I first introduced him, but they're swimming together now, just no sharing of the anemone yet!

Yea, im pretty sure it's not going to work out for them. Better send that Black Ice this way inorder to save his life :P

Thanks to all who participated. It has been a exciting and fun contest thus far.

After hearing all the great ideas for this special AIO, i have discovered a new love for it and decided to keep it and set it up myself.

But thanks for the great ideas, i will now a choose a idea to steal and start my awesome AIO build. wish me luck!

J/k :P I will comb thru all the entries and see who fit all the entry criteria. I'm torn on the judging aspect, as it can and probably will become a few people who would win strictly on popularity even if (or especially if) they simply say 'poop' as the idea. :/ as someone reminded me of.

I wish there was a better way to judge with out that bias, hmmmmm

Thanks to all who participated. It has been a exciting and fun contest thus far.

After hearing all the great ideas for this special AIO, i have discovered a new love for it and decided to keep it and set it up myself.

But thanks for the great ideas, i will now a choose a idea to steal and start my awesome AIO build. wish me luck!

J/k :P I will comb thru all the entries and see who fit all the entry criteria. I'm torn on the judging aspect, as it can and probably will become a few people who would win strictly on popularity even if (or especially if) they simply say 'poop' as the idea. :/ as someone reminded me of.

I wish there was a better way to judge with out that bias, hmmmmm

Sweet, excited to see who wins this beast.

eddiecorrea

Just don't let Kat in the competition. She has boobs so she would win right away. Most people hate me so I probably don't stand a chance. haha. Begow just bought a new tank so he doesn't need another anyways! hahahaha

Just don't let Kat in the competition. She has boobs so she would win right away. Most people hate me so I probably don't stand a chance. haha. Begow just bought a new tank so he doesn't need another anyways! hahahaha

hey hey hey, it's going to be a business tank where hundreds of people will see it weekly. On display in the highest profile tattoo gallery in town. I need it! :D

I am going thru quite the expense of packaging and shipping, insurance, time etc... Not to mention the value of the tank. So i want to be clear that regardless of who gets the tank MUST set it up and start a build thread so we can all enjoy it. As opposed to someone receiving it and selling, letting it sit around, trade etc..... That would be devastating. So if you are NOT in position to agree with those terms and you are in the poll than please do the right thing and lmk!

*The names below are in NO particular order, and please vote based on there ideas for the AIO. Not just because you know them.

Take the time and read there ideas and JUDGE for the one idea that you would enjoy seeing in a build thread here on Nano-Reef.

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

InvaderJim

Equipment:

2x LEDtric full spectrum PAR38 bulbs

100w heater

Chamber 1 - heater

Chamber 2 - chemi pure

Chamber 3 - return pump with hose attached going into rockwork "waterfall"

D-D H2Ocean salt

Livestock:

Zoas

Ricordia

Maxi-minis

Harlequin shrimp

Feather dusters

Sand sifting goby

6gallon nano reef 101

Equipment-

Filter- Mini ball of macro in back (Mini fuge 2nd chamber) plus some carbon & a sponge in first chamber

Light- The Sun!

Heater- Theo heater from my old 6g

Flow- Eheim mini pump 3rd chamber

Salt- Pretty sure LFS uses RC

Aquascape- Dual island/Atoll hybrid scape-Goes above land- Philippine Biotope- Tidepool/Shallow reef

Fish- Bryaninops erythrops OR natans

Inverts- ??? I'll search about it later

Goal- To make a natural environment for Bryaninops erythrops OR natans

JamesHL88

Ok real talk heres my entry.

If I get this tank it will be an axolotle tank! Check out the link bellow if u r unfimilliar.

http://www.axolotl.org/

I would keep the tank barebottom with most likly a sideways flower pot cave and potted java ferns. A floor lamp with a par30 or par38 from lowes would provide ambient shimmer. Filtration would be a maxi jet return with floss and carbon in the back chamber. I want a little monster tank and this would be the perfect tank for an axolotle. I would maintain a tio of minnows or feeder fish as an in tank source of live food. I would document the entire build and life of the tank here on nano reef as well as a thread on caudata.org so I could $#!+ all over their standard ten gallon builds. You know ... show em how us reefers do things. I know its not a reef tank but im planning on doing an axolotle tank anyways and this little shallow tank would be steller as an aquatic salamander playground.

Also if I win u can ship the tank dirty and ill clean it myself

Ultimate SPS Only

If I were to win this tank, I would go with this:

Equipment:

2 Aqua Illuminations sol nanos with controller(have these on hand)

100w hydor heater(have this on hand)

ELITE chamber 1, Phosban in 2, wavemaker return in 3

tunze ATO(on hand nano)

Livestock:

Scloy Garden will gather from NR or sponsors

Sexy Shrimp

Sand Sifting goby

Rock/Sand:

Tropic Marin Flakes

Premium Fuji LR

Seachem salinity salt (Have on hand)

Dosing:

Will not dose for normal params this will be done by 1 gallon every 2 days and 4 gallon change on sundays.

Will use full line of korallen Zuetch for feed and coral health as i always do!

Reason for wanting:

I have been planning a Scoly Garden for a year and have collected everything but the tank which this would be perfect so if i dont win WHERE CAN I GET ONE? LOL

eddiecorrea

I would run an MP10 on it. The tank would be controlled by an Apex JR with PH and Temp probes. Also a VDM to control the AI Nano light I would use over this. It would be bare bottom completely covered in zoas and rics. Strictly a softy garden with no space other than softies. I have the heater and pumps. I also have an AI Nano I could run over it now. MP10s are easy to get haha.

asid61

5" high? Interesting.

Corals and plants:

-Primarily softies such as shrooms, rics, et. due to the size and height. Many rics.

-Acans

-Macroalgaes, mostly in the red. (Have it)

-Blue ochtodes if I can get it.

-Mangrove trees (Have 2, will get more)

Fish:

-Dwarf seahorses maybe. Need to check care

-Sand crabs, like on reefs2go.com

-Sexy shrimp definitely

Scape:

-Live rock, with lots poking out to create "islands". (Have good pieces on hand)

-Very shallow white sand bed, fine particle size (Have it)

Equipment:

-Flow will be 2 pico evolution 200s due to their small size. One will be the return and the other will be on the opposite side of the tank. May instead use a koralia 240 with and Arduino controller, plus a pico evolution 200 for return.

-Lighting will be a 15 led full spectrum 5 channel dimmable led cannon (that will be built by Saturday). This can have any size optic (will machine/mill it by hand) and will supply light both for the tank and for the mangroves, with minimal spillage.

-75GPD RO/DI (Have it)

-Red Sea coral pro salt (Have it)

-Chemi-pure Elite

-Smallest heater I can get, most likely a theo.

Reason for Wanting:

I have always wanted a nice looking tank that I could put money into without worrying that the tank itself will take away from the stuff I get. My budget is small, but I will be pouring all my cash into this if I get it. I can take a lot of pics, and update the FTS on the first page a minimum of every time I get livestock. My rock and sand is already cycled, so it'll take only a few weeks to fill up with corals and plants. Prolly not going to win (polls are not me), but I would like to see this come alive too.

Julian_Blnk

Well I'd run lighting as led gu10 bulbs

ATo a jbj I have on hand

Run a koralia and a old mj1200 for the return in the back with a DIY diffuser

I would use pink sand and build a arches out of liverock and use little pieces of shelf rock

I would pack it with euphlias and wellsos

As well as some acans and gsp

Throw some cheato and a DIY gfo reactor using a voss water bottle

jbb_00

couple of small islands

assorted zoas / palys , acans , duncans , few small photo gorgs, red coco worm, asst. macro

rock nem with porcelin crab or nem shrimp (maybe both)

Nice open brain , or plate for the sand

reef cleaners CUC

flaming prawn goby (if available)

yasha goby if above falls through

Lighting : Nano-Box Duo (on hand)

DIY media rack for chamber 1

RKL - SL1 , ALC , PC4, ATO (aqualifter)

25w heater on RKL

FLOW :

option 1 . Maxi-Jet / locline idea

option 2. drill 3rd chamber and run external pump on SCWD for closed loop "wave maker"

Clownin_around29

Is this still going?

This is what I would do with this tank...

Equipment:

AI nano LED light suspended from the ceiling

25 watt heater in the first chamber

Chemi-pure elite in the second chamber

Maxi jet 400 for return in third chamber

I would also cut a piece of acrylic and paint it black to sit on top of the filtration to hide the equipment. ( I have all this equipment on hand from a previous tank shutdown)

Livestock:

Soft corals and some monti caps

Ric garden

Zoa garden

Just recently bought a house( I'm only 22)and have to re finish the basement. Looking for a show piece tank and this would definately be it.

Polarcollision

I'd add a micro chiller, the original LED lights off my IM Nuvo 8 and turn this into a Pacific Northwest temperate tide pool. Strawberry anemones, orange cup coral, white plumose anemones, and a lumpsucker fish.

Veng

Lighting:

Custom DIY LED, 120 degree optics, 3 clusters, on an 18" Maker's heatsink, anodized black, with each cluster being 2x 3ups, 1x OCW, 1x 430 TV, 1x 405 TV.

Scape would be ~1/8" of flat stone bottom, custom cut (similar to a bare bottom, but stone, you'll see why later). From that there would be two islands, 1 larger, 1 smaller (following rule of thirds of course). The larger would be kidney shaped and placed on the left side of the tank, only 1.5" tall The smaller would be more circular and taller, at least 3.5" tall (~1" from water line).

Equipment would be an MP10 w/ a shallow shield from pico, I'd plumb it into my Apex (full) and add another Probe module and an energy bar. Also add a dosing and ATO of course.

For live stock, I'd cover the rock bottom completely in zoas. Small zoas so the scale would look right, preferably no polyps larger than 3/8". As much variety as possible. On the left, larger kidney island, I'd cover it with small headed, LPS. The really fine maze brains, acan lords, and favia, all specimens that have very little depth (no back skeleton) . The right rock I'd cover with really fine branched SPS like birds of paradise and such.

I'd fill it with a pair of Sexy shrimp, a mate pair of green clown gobies, and an anemone crab.

uwwmatt

What better way to show off the tank than to have the only person to ever (besides jacobnano) win two tank of the months on nano-reef set it up? :D I've got all the camera equipment to make sure the build gets documented with quality images too.

I'd stick to the hardy corals focusing on color variety, colorful zoanthids, shrooms, and smaller LPS; lots of interesting inverts, but most likely no fish.

I have an unused MP10 sitting around if the return pump didn't offer enough flow. I also have a reef keeper lite and ATO I'd slap on there. I'm all for making my tanks as automated as possible. I'd most likely do a cutom LED build along with a custom stand. I think I may make this an in-wall tank if I win.

Edited for accuracy

Evanski9

OK GUYS! You guys are making me laugh....

Think outside the box. Geeze.

I have all the equipment on hand...

Screw mp10's and such... What I would do!

Drill it and run a closed loop hidden by two mini islands.

1 inlet and out let. Insane flow.

I would run to the wholesale and grab california native nems and starfish and run it as a native tank.

Ok thanks.

Speaker73

Ok. just for kicks and keeping with the FW planted options...I would do a planted tank using seiruyu stone with some emerging from the waterline as minature islands surrounded by some aquasoil. I would use some dwarf hairgrass (e.belem) as the carpet plant with some becephalandra at the waterline of the islands as "trees." livestock would include some sulawesi cardinal shrimp since they look like marine shrimp and maybe even some thai micro crabs for kicks. Would definitely need some micro rasboras for motion. hardware would include a small tetra heater, minijet 606 for flow and would use hanging CFLs for lighting.

Yes, please make sure who ever wins is taking this seriously and has the funds, time, and will to set this tank up while documenting the whole process. I definitely do.

I am going thru quite the expense of packaging and shipping, insurance, time etc... Not to mention the value of the tank. So i want to be clear that regardless of who gets the tank MUST set it up and start a build thread so we can all enjoy it. As opposed to someone receiving it and selling, letting it sit around, trade etc..... That would be devastating. So if you are NOT in position to agree with those terms and you are in the poll than please do the right thing and lmk!

*The names below are in NO particular order, and please vote based on there ideas for the AIO. Not just because you know them.

Take the time and read there ideas and JUDGE for the one idea that you would enjoy seeing in a build thread here on Nano-Reef.

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

InvaderJim

Equipment:

2x LEDtric full spectrum PAR38 bulbs

100w heater

Chamber 1 - heater

Chamber 2 - chemi pure

Chamber 3 - return pump with hose attached going into rockwork "waterfall"

D-D H2Ocean salt

Livestock:

Zoas

Ricordia

Maxi-minis

Harlequin shrimp

Feather dusters

Sand sifting goby

6gallon nano reef 101

Equipment-

Filter- Mini ball of macro in back (Mini fuge 2nd chamber) plus some carbon & a sponge in first chamber

Light- The Sun!

Heater- Theo heater from my old 6g

Flow- Eheim mini pump 3rd chamber

Salt- Pretty sure LFS uses RC

Aquascape- Dual island/Atoll hybrid scape-Goes above land- Philippine Biotope- Tidepool/Shallow reef

Fish- Bryaninops erythrops OR natans

Inverts- ??? I'll search about it later

Goal- To make a natural environment for Bryaninops erythrops OR natans

Begow

Equipment:

Aquastyles online 18 3-watt LED fixture (have this on hand)

MJ900 for "return" but would add locline to divert and slow flow a little bit. (Have this on hand)

Small heater for back chamber (Would have to order)

Filter bag with BRS Carbon/GFO (Have this on hand)

BRS DIY Screen top kit (Have this on order)

BRS 75 GPD RO/DI System (Already have)

Livestock:

Sexy Anemone Shrimp X 2

2-3 Blue Legged Hermit Crabs

Small Rock Anemone (from Aquascapers.com)

Zoanthid Garden

Ricordea Garden

Acan Garden

Rock/Sand:

Fiji Pink Sand (Possibly bare bottom, depending on how it looks in person of course)

Premium Fuji LR, built and broken to a nice aquascape. For the aquascape I'd really like to do some cool islands since it's such a long tank. I could probably do like 2-4 really cool islands with corals surrounding them. I want this thing jam packed with coral.

Red Sea Coral Pro Salt (Have on hand)

Maintenance:

Weekly 1.5 gallon water changes

Reason for wanting:

I'm pretty much on Nano-Reef through out the day at work, I take tons of pictures and can document the whole process. I am a pretty big fanatic when it comes to buying items and corals for new tank ideas. Everything will be 100% documented, and plus.. My wife wants a new tank for the room!!!! This will be perfect for our dresser!

Thanks for taking the time to read my entry, can't wait to see the winner!

JamesHL88

Ok real talk heres my entry.

If I get this tank it will be an axolotle tank! Check out the link bellow if u r unfimilliar.

I would keep the tank barebottom with most likly a sideways flower pot cave and potted java ferns. A floor lamp with a par30 or par38 from lowes would provide ambient shimmer. Filtration would be a maxi jet return with floss and carbon in the back chamber. I want a little monster tank and this would be the perfect tank for an axolotle. I would maintain a tio of minnows or feeder fish as an in tank source of live food. I would document the entire build and life of the tank here on nano reef as well as a thread on caudata.org so I could $#!+ all over their standard ten gallon builds. You know ... show em how us reefers do things. I know its not a reef tank but im planning on doing an axolotle tank anyways and this little shallow tank would be steller as an aquatic salamander playground.

Also if I win u can ship the tank dirty and ill clean it myself

Ultimate SPS Only

If I were to win this tank, I would go with this:

Equipment:

2 Aqua Illuminations sol nanos with controller(have these on hand)

100w hydor heater(have this on hand)

ELITE chamber 1, Phosban in 2, wavemaker return in 3

tunze ATO(on hand nano)

Livestock:

Scloy Garden will gather from NR or sponsors

Sexy Shrimp

Sand Sifting goby

Rock/Sand:

Tropic Marin Flakes

Premium Fuji LR

Seachem salinity salt (Have on hand)

Dosing:

Will not dose for normal params this will be done by 1 gallon every 2 days and 4 gallon change on sundays.

Will use full line of korallen Zuetch for feed and coral health as i always do!

Reason for wanting:

I have been planning a Scoly Garden for a year and have collected everything but the tank which this would be perfect so if i dont win WHERE CAN I GET ONE? LOL

eddiecorrea

I would run an MP10 on it. The tank would be controlled by an Apex JR with PH and Temp probes. Also a VDM to control the AI Nano light I would use over this. It would be bare bottom completely covered in zoas and rics. Strictly a softy garden with no space other than softies. I have the heater and pumps. I also have an AI Nano I could run over it now. MP10s are easy to get haha.

asid61

5" high? Interesting.

Corals and plants:

-Primarily softies such as shrooms, rics, et. due to the size and height. Many rics.

-Acans

-Macroalgaes, mostly in the red. (Have it)

-Blue ochtodes if I can get it.

-Mangrove trees (Have 2, will get more)

Fish:

-Dwarf seahorses maybe. Need to check care

-Sand crabs, like on reefs2go.com

-Sexy shrimp definitely

Scape:

-Live rock, with lots poking out to create "islands". (Have good pieces on hand)

-Very shallow white sand bed, fine particle size (Have it)

Equipment:

-Flow will be 2 pico evolution 200s due to their small size. One will be the return and the other will be on the opposite side of the tank. May instead use a koralia 240 with and Arduino controller, plus a pico evolution 200 for return.

-Lighting will be a 15 led full spectrum 5 channel dimmable led cannon (that will be built by Saturday). This can have any size optic (will machine/mill it by hand) and will supply light both for the tank and for the mangroves, with minimal spillage.

-75GPD RO/DI (Have it)

-Red Sea coral pro salt (Have it)

-Chemi-pure Elite

-Smallest heater I can get, most likely a theo.

Reason for Wanting:

I have always wanted a nice looking tank that I could put money into without worrying that the tank itself will take away from the stuff I get. My budget is small, but I will be pouring all my cash into this if I get it. I can take a lot of pics, and update the FTS on the first page a minimum of every time I get livestock. My rock and sand is already cycled, so it'll take only a few weeks to fill up with corals and plants. Prolly not going to win (polls are not me), but I would like to see this come alive too.

Julian_Blnk

Well I'd run lighting as led gu10 bulbs

ATo a jbj I have on hand

Run a koralia and a old mj1200 for the return in the back with a DIY diffuser

I would use pink sand and build a arches out of liverock and use little pieces of shelf rock

I would pack it with euphlias and wellsos

As well as some acans and gsp

Throw some cheato and a DIY gfo reactor using a voss water bottle

jbb_00

couple of small islands

assorted zoas / palys , acans , duncans , few small photo gorgs, red coco worm, asst. macro

rock nem with porcelin crab or nem shrimp (maybe both)

Nice open brain , or plate for the sand

reef cleaners CUC

flaming prawn goby (if available)

yasha goby if above falls through

Lighting : Nano-Box Duo (on hand)

DIY media rack for chamber 1

RKL - SL1 , ALC , PC4, ATO (aqualifter)

25w heater on RKL

FLOW :

option 1 . Maxi-Jet / locline idea

option 2. drill 3rd chamber and run external pump on SCWD for closed loop "wave maker"

Clownin_around29

Is this still going?

This is what I would do with this tank...

Equipment:

AI nano LED light suspended from the ceiling

25 watt heater in the first chamber

Chemi-pure elite in the second chamber

Maxi jet 400 for return in third chamber

I would also cut a piece of acrylic and paint it black to sit on top of the filtration to hide the equipment. ( I have all this equipment on hand from a previous tank shutdown)

Livestock:

Soft corals and some monti caps

Ric garden

Zoa garden

Just recently bought a house( I'm only 22)and have to re finish the basement. Looking for a show piece tank and this would definately be it.

Polarcollision

I'd add a micro chiller, the original LED lights off my IM Nuvo 8 and turn this into a Pacific Northwest temperate tide pool. Strawberry anemones, orange cup coral, white plumose anemones, and a lumpsucker fish.

Veng

Lighting:

Custom DIY LED, 120 degree optics, 3 clusters, on an 18" Maker's heatsink, anodized black, with each cluster being 2x 3ups, 1x OCW, 1x 430 TV, 1x 405 TV.

Scape would be ~1/8" of flat stone bottom, custom cut (similar to a bare bottom, but stone, you'll see why later). From that there would be two islands, 1 larger, 1 smaller (following rule of thirds of course). The larger would be kidney shaped and placed on the left side of the tank, only 1.5" tall The smaller would be more circular and taller, at least 3.5" tall (~1" from water line).

Equipment would be an MP10 w/ a shallow shield from pico, I'd plumb it into my Apex (full) and add another Probe module and an energy bar. Also add a dosing and ATO of course.

For live stock, I'd cover the rock bottom completely in zoas. Small zoas so the scale would look right, preferably no polyps larger than 3/8". As much variety as possible. On the left, larger kidney island, I'd cover it with small headed, LPS. The really fine maze brains, acan lords, and favia, all specimens that have very little depth (no back skeleton) . The right rock I'd cover with really fine branched SPS like birds of paradise and such.

I'd fill it with a pair of Sexy shrimp, a mate pair of green clown gobies, and an anemone crab.

uwwmatt

What better way to show off the tank than to have the only person to ever (besides jacobnano) win two tank of the months on nano-reef set it up? :D I've got all the camera equipment to make sure the build gets documented with quality images too.

I'd stick to the hardy corals focusing on color variety, colorful zoanthids, shrooms, and smaller LPS; lots of interesting inverts, but most likely no fish.

I have an unused MP10 sitting around if the return pump didn't offer enough flow. I also have a reef keeper lite and ATO I'd slap on there. I'm all for making my tanks as automated as possible. I'd most likely do a cutom LED build along with a custom stand. I think I may make this an in-wall tank if I win.

Edited for accuracy

Evanski9

OK GUYS! You guys are making me laugh....

Think outside the box. Geeze.

I have all the equipment on hand...

Screw mp10's and such... What I would do!

Drill it and run a closed loop hidden by two mini islands.

1 inlet and out let. Insane flow.

I would run to the wholesale and grab california native nems and starfish and run it as a native tank.

Ok thanks.

Speaker73

Ok. just for kicks and keeping with the FW planted options...I would do a planted tank using seiruyu stone with some emerging from the waterline as minature islands surrounded by some aquasoil. I would use some dwarf hairgrass (e.belem) as the carpet plant with some becephalandra at the waterline of the islands as "trees." livestock would include some sulawesi cardinal shrimp since they look like marine shrimp and maybe even some thai micro crabs for kicks. Would definitely need some micro rasboras for motion. hardware would include a small tetra heater, minijet 606 for flow and would use hanging CFLs for lighting.

So 15 in total: Now i just to to add a poll, that will close and decide the winner on this Sunday the 10th

Yes, please make sure who ever wins is taking this seriously and has the funds, time, and will to set this tank up while documenting the whole process. I definitely do.

Thank you for reiterating that point. I added this rule to that point.

Potential poll nominees.

* I will only add your name to the poll if you lmk that you want to be added and ONLY if you have the intention of taking this seriously and have the funds, time, and will to set this tank up while documenting the whole process.

I will add the 'Live' poll tomorrow @ 3pm MST, so post here on the thread that you agree w/ terms to be added.

The 'LIVE' poll list as follows:
Begow

Yes that's a valid point and i believe people voting can determine who is genuine in that regard. Gosh, i hope people don't quote that particular post to many times, it's crazy longgggggg.

Lets get this poll up already!

Lets get this poll up already!

Potential poll nominees.

* I will only add your name to the poll if you lmk that you want to be added and ONLY if you have the intention of taking this seriously and have the funds, time, and will to set this tank up while documenting the whole process.

I will add the 'live' poll tomorrow @ 3pm MST, so post here on the thread that you agree w/ terms to be added.

The 'LIVE' poll list, as follows:
Begow

P1200255_zpse7dcb383.jpg

Niceeee. Super stoked to see who wins.. If I don't, I'm definitely going to be getting one similar for a desk tank.

Let's go!

Potential poll nominees.

I will add the 'live' poll tomorrow @ 3pm MST, so post here on the thread that you agree w/ terms to be added.

LMK if you agree, P

Potential poll nominees.

LMK if you agree, P

You know I agree! I think this should be a, "Who wants this more than Begow" contest, because I would just take it home. :P

Potential poll nominees.

LMK if you agree, P

I WANT TO BE ADDED

And I will take this seriously :)

THE MEXICAN PICO POND

If I get this tank it will be an axolotle tank! Check out the link bellow if you are unfimilliar.

I would keep the tank barebottom with most likly a sideways flower pot cave and potted java ferns with a live bamboo backdrop. A floor lamp with a par30 or par38 from lowes would provide plant growth and ambient shimmer. Filtration would be a maxi jet return with floss and carbon in the first chamber and some type of terestrial plants growing out of the second chamber or maybe the other way around. Thats it. No visible equipment whatsover. Simple and clean. I really want a little monster tank and this would be the perfect tank for an axolotle. I would maintain a tio of minnows or feeder fish as an in tank source of live food. I would document the entire build and life of the tank here on nano reef as well as a thread on caudata.org so I could $#!+ all over their standard ten gallon builds. You know ... show em how us reefers do things. I know its not a reef tank but im planning on doing an axolotle tank anyways and this little shallow tank would be steller as an aquatic salamander playground!

PLEASE NR, VOTE FOR ME AND I WILL UPLOAD FEEDING VIDEOS! THE BUILD WILL BE EXTREMELY CHEAP, FAST, AND UNIQUE!

I agree to the terms of the contest! Can I use the tank descrption above in the poll please? And thank u soo much for comming up with this idea and allowing me to be a part of it ziareefer! This is really exciting stuff :)

eddiecorrea

I agree.

But Begow you are seriously getting annoying. We all know you want it. As I'm sure we all do. But chill out bro.

I agree.

But Begow you are seriously getting annoying. We all know you want it. As I'm sure we all do. But chill out bro.

Cry me a river, man up and stop crying like a bitch. Thanks! ;)

Archived