Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Zia's *INSANE AIO* Contest

Zia

Poll Closed. AIO WINNER is eddiecorrea  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Who has the best concept? Based on there idea and ability to build out this AIO, who deserves it?

• uwwmatt (Team Rally Monkey aka Darkhorse)
    • 6gallon nano reef 101
    • JamesHL88
    • eddiecorrea (Team Lawnman)
    • Evanski9
    • Clownin_around29
    • jbb_00 (Team metroKat)

Polarcollision

That's pretty outside the box. Reminds me of the touchtanks at the Long Beach Aquarium.

4_zps71cc9bcc.jpg

Close, but more like this:

strawberry.jpg

spiny_lumpsucker.jpg

for scale

spiny-lumpsucker.jpg?w=450&h=337

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea that Lumpsucker looks like these pencil eraser/toppers my daughter puts on her pencils. Wow, they don't even look real.

Polarcollision

Yea that Lumpsucker looks like these pencil eraser/toppers my daughter puts on her pencils. Wow, they don't even look real.

Wow, pretty amazing!

They're so flippin cute when they swim, too!! Even the green gunnel is wowed. :wub:

What better way to show off the tank than to have the only person to ever (besides jacobnano) win two tank of the months on nano-reef set it up? :D I've got all the camera equipment to make sure the build gets documented with quality images too.

I'd stick to the hardy corals focusing on color variety, colorful zoanthids, shrooms, and smaller LPS; lots of interesting inverts, but most likely no fish.

I have an unused MP10 sitting around if the return pump didn't offer enough flow. I also have a reef keeper lite and ATO I'd slap on there. I'm all for making my tanks as automated as possible. I'd most likely do a cutom LED build along with a custom stand.

Edited for accuracy :ninja:

eddiecorrea

Wow, that would seriously be overkill.

Have you considered the AI Nano not having enough spread for 30"? You would have to hang it high enough but then the light would bleed way past as the tank is so narrow. It's like lighting a 55g tank with one pendant. I think here you need more then 2 clusters of the Nano. Or drop a 300w MH on top of it. ;) Then the entire water volume would evaporate in a day! lol

I'm surprised your not going put an ATO on it. Even better, drill it and get a sump. Don't forget the chiller!

Seriously, very nice of the OP giving this away and shipping it for free. Hopefully it goes to someone with a little imagination opposed to something just going to toss a bunch of hardware on it and a few frags inside.

You must have not seen my current tank. I had 1 AI Nano over it and it is 25 inches. Had more than enough light. I got a screaming deal on the 2nd light so I added another. Still at the same height as the single unit was but turned the intensity way down.

I'd run an ATO on it possibly. Avast so it can be controlled by the Apex. Although I'd probably cut a glass top for it. In my tank now without a glass top all day I evaporate MAYBE a cup of water a day.

I also have a reef keeper lite

You lose automatically for that equipment choice. ;)

eddiecorrea

Hey now, Its what I have sitting around. Ready to go.

You should put that big ass skimmer you won from CAD on it. haha. How is that thing working out anyways?

What better way to show off the tank than to have the only person to ever win two tank of the months on nano-reef set it up? :D

Jacobnano though...

OK GUYS! You guys are making me laugh....

Think outside the box. Geeze.

I have all the equipment on hand...

Screw mp10's and such... What I would do!

Drill it and run a closed loop hidden by two mini islands.

1 inlet and out let. Insane flow.

I would run to the wholesale and grab california native nems and starfish and run it as a native tank.

Ok thanks.

What better way to show off the tank than to have the only person to ever win two tank of the months on nano-reef set it up? :D I've got all the camera equipment to make sure the build gets documented with quality images too.

I'd stick to the hardy corals focusing on color variety, colorful zoanthids, shrooms, and smaller LPS; lots of interesting inverts, but most likely no fish.

I have an unused MP10 sitting around if the return pump didn't offer enough flow. I also have a reef keeper lite and ATO I'd slap on there. I'm all for making my tanks as automated as possible. I'd most likely do a cutom LED build along with a custom stand.

and who are you?

Never heard of you

eddiecorrea

and who are you?

Never heard of you

He comes and goes. Thinks he is a badass because he won twice.

Jacobnano though...

I knew someone else had won twice as well.

What better way to show off the tank than to have the only person to ever win two tank of the months on nano-reef set it up? :D I've got all the camera equipment to make sure the build gets documented with quality images too.

Quite the resume you bring to the table. Thanks for your submission.

OK GUYS! You guys are making me laugh....

Think outside the box. Geeze.

Screw mp10's and such... What I would do!

Drill it and run a closed loop hidden by two mini islands.

1 inlet and out let. Insane flow.

That's a serious mod but really neat idea. Not having the Mp10s and or other powerhead would free up some valuable real estate.

Agree with Lawnman, ready to see who is going to take this thing home!

Being that's its only been two days since the contest was posted. We will stop accepting entries this Thursday and pick 10 finalist for the community to vote on. The poll will be posted Friday afternoon and close on Sunday afternoon @3pm MST. If all goes smooth, the tank will ship out next Monday, ground via UPS and should arrive by Friday to the Winners doorstep.

Quite the resume you bring to the table. Thanks for your submission.

That's a serious mod but really neat idea. Not having the Mp10s and or other powerhead would free up some valuable real estate.

no reason for a power head...

I think something different must be done.

Not a bare bottom Sps reef with brs dry rock and a mp10 with a Ai led.

Lets make something different like rehypes Caribbean tank.

How bout a Bali tank? With Xenia.

But you have to do a closed loop.

Simple filtration.

Carbon and purgiren. And filter floss. Lightly stocked.

No typical clowns. Their so 2003... Lets change it up

I'd do maybe a ?

Must research :) brb

Obviously you guys mistaked this thread for the schoolyard. Take it elsewhere.

lmao.....

Welcome to NR :)

I'm glad Teflon isn't here yet. It would be all bad..

Ill move to his thread and beat it up.

Sorry :)

And resume tank talk.

Evanski out

He comes and goes. Thinks he is a badass because he won twice.

That is an accurate discription.

You should put that big ass skimmer you won from CAD on it. haha. How is that thing working out anyways?

That wasnt me unfortunatly, or if it was they never sent it to me.

Jacobnano though...

Oh yeah, good catch. Well all the more reason to go for number three.

Just wanna add, My build doesnt have a heater, power head, or anything other than the return pump in the tank. No clutter leads to some beautiful tanks ;)

eddiecorrea

That is an accurate discription.

That wasnt me unfortunatly, or if it was they never sent it to me.

Oh yeah, good catch. Well all the more reason to go for number three.

It was urabenks. not you. My bad.

Seriously, very nice of the OP giving this away and shipping it for free. Hopefully it goes to someone with a little imagination opposed to something just going to toss a bunch of hardware on it and a few frags inside.

Thanks, i'll truly get satisfaction from seeing this AIO get developed into a true little masterpiece. Yes, i also hope whom ever takes possession of this tank delivers some creativity.

Archived