Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Zia's *INSANE AIO* Contest

Zia

Poll Closed. AIO WINNER is eddiecorrea  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Who has the best concept? Based on there idea and ability to build out this AIO, who deserves it?

• uwwmatt (Team Rally Monkey aka Darkhorse)
    • 6gallon nano reef 101
    • JamesHL88
    • eddiecorrea (Team Lawnman)
    • Evanski9
    • Clownin_around29
    • jbb_00 (Team metroKat)

I'd do a low-tech planted nano. On an Ikea floating shelf on my wall.

ADA Aquasoil

Archaea Clamp on PC Light

Driftwood Scape

Shrimp

Yes, planted. omgomgomg

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My boss said I could keep this at the shop, I work in a tattoo shop with a ton of high quality blown glass plugs. I could make it a plug display with zoanthids and everything else around it. This is just an idea of course.

These are some of the plugs we keep at the shop. Jelly Fish of course, these are all hand made custom blown glass plugs.

I could incorporate these into the build.

9006_zps421a3453.jpg

Julian_blnc

Well I'd run lighting as led gu10 bulbs

ATo a jbj I have on hand

Run a koralia and a old mj1200 for the return in the back with a DIY diffuser

I would use pink sand and build a arches out of liverock and use little pieces of shelf rock

I would pack it with euphlias and wellsos

As well as some acans and gsp

Throw some cheato and a DIY gfo reactor using a voss water bottle

:)

Hey OP, did this thing give you any Evap problems when you had it running??

Yes, but i had large ambient temperature swings because this was in my office. Heater on during the day and cold at night. Also i had a temporary AquaticLife T5 sitting only 4'' from the water line. So i don't know how much those factored in?

I had a Tetra submersible heater (50 watt, up to 10 gallons) that did do a good job keep the temps stable at night. This heater fits beautifully in the first two chambers on its side, laying flat on bottom.

4_zps40a1de7b.jpg

This is just one of the pieces I have in right now, this obviously wouldn't take over the tank, maybe just one or two plugs in there to incorporate our shop into the tank.

BE99C785-4602-4E8F-A751-CD56ACDBA841-180

Sorry for the bad pic, at work with Iphone only :P

Here is the shop I work in, we would have excellent placement for it..

733752_423297364424893_746797697_n_zps2c

So many good ideas in here.

Yea! It's going to make it really tough to pick a final list to vote on.

This is just one of the pieces I have in right now, this obviously wouldn't take over the tank, maybe just one or two plugs in there to incorporate our shop into the tank.

BE99C785-4602-4E8F-A751-CD56ACDBA841-180

Sorry for the bad pic, at work with Iphone only :P

Here is the shop I work in, we would have excellent placement for it..

733752_423297364424893_746797697_n_zps2c

Dam, that's like a art gallery. Very deserving space. Love all the blown glass work. Such crazy detail inside those glass plugs for such a small amount of space to work with.

Yea! It's going to make it really tough to pick a final list to vote on.

Dam, that's like a art gallery. Very deserving space. Love all the blown glass work. Such crazy detail inside those plugs for such a small amount of space to work with.

Yeah for sure. We're the longest running tattoo shop in Ocala (11 years now) and pretty high profile.

If I were to win this tank I would fill it with ice and stick all my beers in it. When I finished them I would probably trade the tank for coral or more beer. But I could document the whole process.

So can I have it now? I think its obvious I won

If I were to win this tank I would fill it with ice and stick all my beers in it. When I finished them I would probably trade the tank for coral. But I could document the whole process.

So can I have it now.... I think its obvious I won

Pending your preference in beer, that might just be the best idea yet.

If I were to win this tank I would fill it with ice and stick all my beers in it. When I finished them I would probably trade the tank for coral or more beer. But I could document the whole process.

/end contest

Winner!!! :P

Let me know if you need any help draining it.

eddiecorrea

lol too much equipment imo. I like a cleaner look, no equipment outside of the AIO area. But of course I think everyone else's idea is stupid because I want it :P

I really like these ideas, my only concern would be the equalization of flow, and accidents with shrimp or hermits getting stranded or jumping out of the tank.

Have you looked at my current tank? The only piece of equipment visible is my MP10.

eddiecorrea

Ok so an update.

AI Vega.

MP10

Apex with VDM(control Light) and WXM(control MP10)

ATO could be a the Elos Nano or the Avast so I can control it with the Apex.

Cobalt Neo-Therm heater. Only visible equipment would be the MP10 and light obviously.

Sold zoa, paly and ric floor with a pillar of rock covered in them as well. Herd of sexy shrimp like 5-8 of them and a small goby.

I would incorporate a zoa covered beer bottle as a hiding place

You aren't old enough to acquire a beer bottle.

I would incorporate a zoa covered beer bottle as a hiding place

Why stop there? Just top the whole thing with ale and pioneer the drunkard reef.

Now I can see how evaporation would be a real concern there.

eddiecorrea

I have a dad suddenly rich Eddie.

I mean a Vega on a 5g? Save it for the 4 x 4 x 10 bud.

I can always use the vega later. They don't go bad. I have 2 AI Nanos on a 12 gallon tank now. Im contemplating getting 2 Vegas for it. Because why the hell not?

Ok so an update.

AI Vega.

MP10

Apex with VDM(control Light) and WXM(control MP10)

ATO could be a the Elos Nano or the Avast so I can control it with the Apex.

Cobalt Neo-Therm heater. Only visible equipment would be the MP10 and light obviously.

Sold zoa, paly and ric floor with a pillar of rock covered in them as well. Herd of sexy shrimp like 5-8 of them and a small goby.

You aren't old enough to acquire a beer bottle.

Would be cool to see a little group of sexies running a muck in this little tank.

5_zpsa2e18ff6.jpg

MP10s for this tank, maybe not. Its way to shallow. At only 5''high and really 4 1/4 waterline it would have to sit all the way at the bottom and would be sucking in the surface water like crazy.

I'll throw one of mine in the AIO tomorrow and snap a pic for illustration purposes.

MP10s for this tank, maybe not. Its way to shallow. At only 5''high and really 4 1/4 waterline it would have to sit all the way at the bottom and would be sucking in the surface water like crazy.

Even on 10% it would probably be causing perma vortexes and if you put a shield it'll be so bulky inside a small tank.

Hidden MJ with locline would be better.

Archived