SaltCritters.com

Zia's *INSANE AIO* Contest

Zia

Poll Closed. AIO WINNER is eddiecorrea  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Who has the best concept? Based on there idea and ability to build out this AIO, who deserves it?

• uwwmatt (Team Rally Monkey aka Darkhorse)
    • 6gallon nano reef 101
    • JamesHL88
    • eddiecorrea (Team Lawnman)
    • Evanski9
    • Clownin_around29
    • jbb_00 (Team metroKat)

VOTING NOW!!! **PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU PLACE YOUR VOTE!

Please read post #198 on page 8, than vote, thank you!

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/322260-zias-insane-aio-giveaway-contest-enter-here/page-8

Voting ends this Sunday 10th @ 6PM

Attention: 7 Participates in the poll

Potential poll nominees.

* I will only add your name to the poll if you lmk that you want to be added and ONLY if you have the intention of taking this seriously and have the funds, time, and will to set this tank up while documenting the whole process.

I will add the poll tomorrow @ 3pm MST, so post here on the thread that you agree w/ terms to be added.

I am going thru quite the expense of packaging and shipping, insurance, time etc... Not to mention the value of the tank. So i want to be clear that regardless of who gets the tank MUST set it up and start a build thread so we can all enjoy it. As opposed to someone receiving it and selling, letting it sit around, trade etc..... That would be devastating. So if you are NOT in position to agree with those terms and you are in the poll than please do the right thing and lmk!

Enter to WIN Here:

I originally set it up to only have to take it down a few weeks later. I have to many 'irons in the fire' atm. My current build is keeping me plenty busy. I just can't get rid of it with out seeing it develop into it's full potential.

So here's the deal. We'll have a little contest and I'll give it away absolutely free. Even cover shipping.

In order to see this insane AIO come to life.

Let's see if we can come together in the best interest of this tank and find a proper home for it.

In a civilized manor, LOL. So put your sword away and feel free to participate in the contest in the fun manor in which this contest is intended :)

Extremely high quality and over built with 1/2" acrylic and rounded corners.

Ok, here's my loosy goosy rules: J/K But they are in the best interest of me seeing this tank getting it's full glory.

1) The tank build must be documented in a 'Build Thread' here on NR.

2) A description of what your idea/vision would be for this AIO, i.e., type of corals, aquascape, etc...

3) The equipment you currently have on hand or can get quickly in order to start the build immediately after receiving the tank.

4) Will leave the thread up for a week or so and than I'll select a final number of members (depending on how many enter)

Then will post a poll and the community can vote on a winner.

Simple, simple, now enter :happydance:

Absolute coolest specs for a pico/nano, I've ever seen.

*The tank on top with sand is the one i will clean and ship.

Dimensions: 30''L x 10''D x 5''H & 1/2''Thick Appox 5 gallons.

P1200185_zps9d9309cc.jpg

P1200202_zpsa470a062.jpg

P1200192_zps3532b471.jpg

P1200190_zps5f1e2808.jpg

P1200204_zpsd31169e5.jpg

*This is a used tank, will be cleaned before shipping. There may be a light scratch here in there from cleaning but overall its in excellant condition.

Only shipping regular ground to US excluding Alaska and Hawaii

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I were to win this tank, I would go with this:

Equipment:

Aquastylesonline 18 3-watt LED fixture (have this on hand)

MJ900 for "return" but would add locline to divert and slow flow a little bit. (Have this on hand)

Small heater for back chamber (Would have to order)

Filter bag with BRS Carbon/GFO (Have this on hand)

BRS DIY Screen top kit (Have this on order)

BRS 75 GPD RO/DI System (Already have)

Livestock:

Sexy Anemone Shrimp X 2

2-3 Blue Legged Hermit Crabs

Small Rock Anemone (from Aquascapers.com)

Zoanthid Garden

Ricordea Garden

Acan Garden

Rock/Sand:

Fiji Pink Sand (Possibly bare bottom, depending on how it looks in person of course)

Premium Fuji LR, built and broken to a nice aquascape. For the aquascape I'd really like to do some cool islands since it's such a long tank. I could probably do like 2-4 really cool islands with corals surrounding them. I want this thing jam packed with coral.

Red Sea Coral Pro Salt (Have on hand)

Maintenance:

Weekly 1.5 gallon water changes

Reason for wanting:

I'm pretty much on Nano-Reef through out the day at work, I take tons of pictures and can document the whole process. I am a pretty big fanatic when it comes to buying items and corals for new tank ideas. Everything will be 100% documented, and plus.. My wife wants a new tank for the room!!!! This will be perfect for our dresser!

Thanks for taking the time to read my entry, can't wait to see the winner!

eddiecorrea

I would run an MP10 on it. The tank would be controlled by an Apex JR with PH and Temp probes. Also a VDM to control the AI Nano light I would use over this. It would be bare bottom completely covered in zoas and rics. Strictly a softy garden with no space other than softies. I have the heater and pumps. I also have an AI Nano I could run over it now. MP10s are easy to get haha.

ultimate sps only

If I were to win this tank, I would go with this:

Equipment:

2 Aqua Illuminations sol nanos with controller(have these on hand)

100w hydor heater(have this on hand)

ELITE chamber 1, Phosban in 2, wavemaker return in 3

tunze ATO(on hand nano)

Livestock:

Scloy Garden will gather from NR or sponsors

Sexy Shrimp

Sand Sifting goby

Rock/Sand:

Tropic Marin Flakes

Premium Fuji LR

Seachem salinity salt (Have on hand)

Dosing:

Will not dose for normal params this will be done by 1 gallon every 2 days and 4 gallon change on sundays.

Will use full line of korallen Zuetch for feed and coral health as i always do!

Reason for wanting:

I have been planning a Scoly Garden for a year and have collected everything but the tank which this would be perfect so if i dont win WHERE CAN I GET ONE? LOL

5" high? Interesting.

Corals and plants:

-Primarily softies such as shrooms, rics, et. due to the size and height. Many rics.

-Acans

-Macroalgaes, mostly in the red. (Have it)

-Blue ochtodes if I can get it.

-Mangrove trees (Have 2, will get more)

Fish:

-Dwarf seahorses maybe. Need to check care

-Sand crabs, like on reefs2go.com

-Sexy shrimp definitely

Scape:

-Live rock, with lots poking out to create "islands". (Have good pieces on hand)

-Very shallow white sand bed, fine particle size (Have it)

Equipment:

-Flow will be 2 pico evolution 200s due to their small size. One will be the return and the other will be on the opposite side of the tank. May instead use a koralia 240 with and Arduino controller, plus a pico evolution 200 for return.

-Lighting will be a 15 led full spectrum 5 channel dimmable led cannon (that will be built by Saturday). This can have any size optic (will machine/mill it by hand) and will supply light both for the tank and for the mangroves, with minimal spillage.

-75GPD RO/DI (Have it)

-Red Sea coral pro salt (Have it)

-Chemi-pure Elite

-Smallest heater I can get, most likely a theo.

Reason for Wanting:

I have always wanted a nice looking tank that I could put money into without worrying that the tank itself will take away from the stuff I get. My budget is small, but I will be pouring all my cash into this if I get it. I can take a lot of pics, and update the FTS on the first page a minimum of every time I get livestock. My rock and sand is already cycled, so it'll take only a few weeks to fill up with corals and plants. Prolly not going to win (polls are not me), but I would like to see this come alive too.

Dang you ballers out there have some serious equipment on hand. It would be the absolute, most tricked out 5gallon tank around.

All the current proposed ideas would make for a amazing build thread, for this AIO.

We might have to close this contest early and just put it vote if were all done. Anyone else want in?

Enter to WIN Here:

I originally set it up to only have to take it down a few weeks later. I have to many 'irons in the fire' atm. My current build is keeping me plenty busy. I can't just get rid of it with out seeing it develop into it's full potential.

So here's the deal. We'll have a little contest and I'll give it away absolutely free. Even cover shipping.

In order to see this insane AIO come to life.

Let's see if we can come together in the best interest of this tank and find a proper home for it.

In a civilized manor, LOL. So put your sword away and feel free to participate in the contest in the fun manor in which this contest is intended :)

Extremely high quality and over built with 1/2" acrylic and rounded corners.

Ok, here's my loosy goosy rules: J/K these are thought out rules in the best interest of me seeing this tank getting it's full glory.

1) The tank build must be documented in a 'Build Thread' here on NR.

2) A description of what your idea/vision would be for this AIO, i.e., type of corals, aquascape, etc...

3) The equipment you currently have on hand or can get quickly in order to start the build immediately after receiving the tank.

4) Will leave the thread up for a week or so and than I'll select a final number of members (depending on how many enter)

Then will post a poll and the community can vote on a winner.

Simple, simple, now enter :happydance:

Absolute coolest specs for a pico/nano, I've ever seen.

Dimensions: 30''L x 10''D x 5''H Appox 5 gallons.

The tank on top with sand is the one i will clean and ship.

P1200185_zps9d9309cc.jpg

P1200202_zpsa470a062.jpg

P1200192_zps3532b471.jpg

P1200190_zps5f1e2808.jpg

P1200204_zpsd31169e5.jpg

*This is a used tank, will be cleaned before shipping. There may be a light scratch here in there from cleaning but overall its in excellant condition.

Only shipping regular ground to US excluding Alaska and Hawaii

Equipment-

Filter- Mini ball of macro in back (Mini fuge 2nd chamber) plus some carbon & a sponge in first chamber

Light- The Sun!

Heater- Theo heater from my old 6g

Flow- Eheim mini pump 3rd chamber

Salt- Pretty sure LFS uses RC

Aquascape- Dual island/Atoll hybrid scape-Goes above land- Philippine Biotope- Tidepool/Shallow reef

Fish- Bryaninops erythrops OR natans

Inverts- ??? I'll search about it later- Anemone shrimp, sexy shrimp, snails for cleaning

Corals- yumas and zoas/palys mostly, maybe a few encrusting montis and other sps here and there

Goal- To make a natural environment for Bryaninops erythrops OR natans

''Aquascape- Dual island/Atoll hybrid scape- Philippine Biotope'' Wow, im gonna have to Google that, sounds amazing though.

Picked up some new coral last night that I would put into this beast, aquascapers rock anemone and ricordea, pretty dope!

''Aquascape- Dual island/Atoll hybrid scape- Philippine Biotope'' Wow, im gonna have to Google that, sounds amazing though.

I mean two islands in the shape of an upside down U, kind of. Philippine biotope just means the livestock is native to the Philippines.

Equipment:

2x LEDtric full spectrum PAR38 bulbs

100w heater

Chamber 1 - heater

Chamber 2 - chemi pure

Chamber 3 - return pump with hose attached going into rockwork "waterfall"

D-D H2Ocean salt

Livestock:

Zoas

Ricordia

Maxi-minis

Harlequin shrimp

Feather dusters

Sand sifting goby

Equipment:

100w heater

Chamber 1 - heater

Chamber 2 - chemi pure

D-D H2Ocean salt

Livestock:

Zoas

Ricordia

Maxi-minis

Harlequin shrimp

Feather dusters

Sand sifting goby

Generally would recommend against a fish and the Harlequin Shrimp in such a small set up. With the shrimps special requirements on their diet, the water would become too bad without a skimmer or sump. Same thing as a fish really, I hate seeing fish inside anything smaller than a ~8 gallon or so. I'm too scared to keep harlequin shrimp in my 34 gallon because I think the water conditions will rapidly get bad.

eddiecorrea

Nvm. I'm changing my mind. I'd run a Vega over this bad boy. Considering I need a Vega for my Solana that I'll be setting up when I move in about 4 months I might as well get it now.

I've seen harlequin shrimp kept in tanks under 8 gallons. I guess it really depends on how often you want to change the water. Just a rough idea on the livestock.

I've seen harlequin shrimp kept in tanks under 8 gallons. I guess it really depends on how often you want to change the water. Just a rough idea on the livestock.

Yeah of course. I guess I've always just been in the mind set of making my tanks as hands off as they can be.

No one's mentioned what ATO they will be using, or lid.... lotta surface area for evap. people, isnt this a usualy problem with pico's? Would be a perfect candidate for the Elos Osmocontroller digital. Which havent you been wanting to try one eddie? ;)

I would run an MP10 on it. The tank would be controlled by an Apex JR with PH and Temp probes. Also a VDM to control the AI Nano light I would use over this. It would be bare bottom completely covered in zoas and rics. Strictly a softy garden with no space other than softies. I have the heater and pumps. I also have an AI Nano I could run over it now. MP10s are easy to get haha.

No one's mentioned what ATO they will be using, or lid.... lotta surface area for evap. people, isnt this a usualy problem with pico's? Would be a perfect candidate for the Elos Osmocontroller digital. Which havent you been wanting to try one eddie? ;)

I'm going to use a BRS Screen kit, and for ATO I'll just use a regular jug. Evaporation won't be very heavy with medium flow.

I'm going to use a BRS Screen kit, and for ATO I'll just use a regular jug. Evaporation won't be very heavy with medium flow.

:huh: I would argue that evap will be a significant issue. Of course your climate will ultimately decide, but its a small amount of water, with a lot of surface area. Two very good reasons to automate it.

Plus I want to see eddie put 34 gallons worth of equipment on a 5 gallon tank, and fill it with his awesome Z's and P's.

:huh: I would argue that evap will be a significant issue. Of course your climate will ultimately decide, but its a small amount of water, with a lot of surface area. Two very good reasons to automate it.

Plus I want to see eddie put 34 gallons worth of equipment on a 5 gallon tank, and fill it with his awesome Z's and P's.

It will only be an issue if there is a lot of surface agitation or a fan pointing at it.. with this small amount of water I probably won't even need a heater here in Florida.

Hey OP, did this thing give you any Evap problems when you had it running??

Dang you ballers out there have some serious equipment on hand. It would be the absolute, most tricked out 5gallon tank around.

All the current proposed ideas would make for a amazing build thread, for this AIO.

We might have to close this contest early and just put it vote if were all done. Anyone else want in?

I'd really like to post what I do

But I don't think I could top eddie

lol too much equipment imo. I like a cleaner look, no equipment outside of the AIO area. But of course I think everyone else's idea is stupid because I want it :P

My original inspiration for these AIOs. Just on a super, micro scale.

3_zps8a4d38d6.jpg

2_zps981bb326.jpg

I really like these ideas, my only concern would be the equalization of flow, and accidents with shrimp or hermits getting stranded or jumping out of the tank.

I'd really like to post what I do

But I don't think I could top eddie

Yea there's been some well thought out incredible proposals thus far. But would love to hear your vision, please join in :)

Equipment:

100w heater

Chamber 1 - heater

Chamber 2 - chemi pure

D-D H2Ocean salt

Livestock:

Zoas

Ricordia

Maxi-minis

Harlequin shrimp