Cultivated Reef

how many clownfish 29 gallon biocube?

Dendro Dude

As others have stated - 2 clowns max per tank. Either get two juvies that are the same size and let them decide who gets to be female or buy one large one and one smaller. Clowns are damselfish and are quite territorial.

You only want two. They're not really that cool haha. Trust me...I spent over 2 years with them and regret it. See my username? Lol. There's waaay more cooler fish out there. Plus the maroons are cooler than the regular oscellaris :) that is until they get humongous.

If you "must" have one then look around first. IMO, don't get the regulars. Be patient and be ready to drop big bucks for "unique" designer clowns. ( Just because it is a Picasso doesn't mean it's a badazz.) Black domino pairs are my top favorite. If ever I decide to buy clowns again I'd wait for the dominos, that's if I want one for some odd reason lol

2-3 clowns. IMO stick to smaller species.

3 wont work long term. As soon as any 2 pair up, the odd one out is going to be killed or at least harassed to no end. It would work while they're juveniles though.

Pretty sure alphaaquaculture has a trio of snow onyxs that's been up for sale around, a long time. Usually the smallest male is left out but I've seen it work in some cases.

Archived