inTank Media Baskets

My Innovative Marine Nuvo 30g Experience

endy0430

So after taking down my 57g tank, I decided to go a bit smaller and start this new build a IM Nuvo 30g.

The one thing I did not like is the stand that came with tank is not well made and I'm afraid one day I'm gonna find the tank on the floor. So I'm having a custom stand made at the moment. So anybody considering this tank I wouldn't recommend the stand but everything else from IM is solid.

Equipment

IM Nuvo 30g
IM Stand
IM Skimmate Midsize Skimmer
IM Spin Stream - Return Nozzle
AI Vega with wireless controller
Vortech MP10 ES
Eheim Jager TruTemp 150 Watt Heater
JBJ NanoZapp 3 Watt Inline UV Sterilizer

Intank Media basket

I have a couple of items ordered and they are on their way.

1- Innovative Marine MiniMax All-In-One Media Reactor

2- Marine Depot Exclusive RKL + SL1 and PH Probe

3- Digital Aquatics float switch

Now for some PICS

013-4_zps35f50368.jpg

010-4_zpsc5b0f26d.jpg009-6_zps25f14b69.jpgIMG297_zpsa39fd211.jpgIMG296_zps841e51b0.jpg011-3_zps68bb70d5.jpg

Nice set up! I'll be interested to see what you come up with for a stand. I have the IM 38 and not a day goes by where I don't think of that thing tipping over. I have no idea what they were thinking with that stand.

Yes the stand is scary... I have reef savvy rocking on a quote on a stand for me hopefully wont be to expensive, I'll keep you posted.

Well today I received my MiniMax Aqua Gadget Reactor from IM. What a great product easy to set up and super easy to chance media..Love it

Here are some pics

Also a FTS...Still waiting on new stand.....

IMG312_zps3e3c8dc1.jpgIMG313_zps0c2042a4.jpgIMG314_zps56d02fa0.jpg

So the im skimmer won't fit in the skimmer chamber?

No you have to sacrifice one media basket for the skimmer but one basket is plenty.

Looks great! So, are you planning on breaking it down to replace the stand? That's a lot of work!

Thanks....Yes it's alot of work but I really don't trust the stand and I wanna move the location of the tank anyways so I ll kill two birds with one stone.

Yeah I have the same tank and I went with the hydor skimmer and bought the InTank media basket.

Yeah I bought one Intank media basket didn't see the reason for two.

Got enough alcohol on top of the fridge? :P

Got to have my glass of wine especially watching my Heat play ball...LOL

Forgot to mention anybody in the Miami, FL area this set up is up for sale minus the lights and mp10.......shot me a pm if interested.

I also have the Nuvo 30 very with very similar supplies. Hahaha what i found funny was actuall an hour before I read this. I when feeding bumped my tank a littla and it shook a lot it seemed very wobbly so ID have to agree it looks great but maybe not as sturdy as I thought.

You selling the tank because of the stand?>

No I just want to take a different route...

I also have the Nuvo 30 very with very similar supplies. Hahaha what i found funny was actuall an hour before I read this. I when feeding bumped my tank a littla and it shook a lot it seemed very wobbly so ID have to agree it looks great but maybe not as sturdy as I thought.

Yes like I said the stand is very scary especially if you have kids like me..

I have almost the exact same set up, I love the skimmer too. Here's my stand-hand me down end table 10 bucks!

Sorry, pic too big to upload

How do you like the media reactor? I was looking into ordering one but I don't see a return line on the reactor. I would like to run bio pellets but w/o a return directed to the skimmer, I don't see how this would work. What are you running in there?

How do you like the media reactor? I was looking into ordering one but I don't see a return line on the reactor. I would like to run bio pellets but w/o a return directed to the skimmer, I don't see how this would work. What are you running in there?

The reactor is a great product. The return is inside of the chamber there are 2 chambers the outer and inner. The pump is located in the bottom it push water up and it trickles down inside chamber 1. To change the media is a snap. I'm running GFO but you can run bio pellets, here is a video it explains everything.

• 1 month later...

Excuse my ignorance for i am only a week into my first tank (NUVO 16), but can you explain to me what most of these things do?

IM Skimmate Midsize Skimmer: my understanding is it cleans out bacteria from the tank

AI Vega with wireless controller: no clue what this is or does
Vortech MP10 ES: No clue what this is or does
Eheim Jager TruTemp 150 Watt Heater: I dont think i need a heater, but ive considered a chiller because i live in Hawaii and we dont have air condition
JBJ NanoZapp 3 Watt Inline UV Sterilizer: My understanding is it kills algae??

Intank Media basket: Is this just another filter system to add to your tank?

Innovative Marine MiniMax All-In-One Media Reactor: No clue, controls the timers on lights and pumps?

2- Marine Depot Exclusive RKL + SL1 and PH Probe : Im assuming this reads the levels in your tank???

Digital Aquatics float switch: No clue

Im sorry for asking you to explain so much, and i appreciate it

• 10 months later...

So I been gone for awhile but tank has been running and doing well. I decided to do some upgrades first I ordered a new skimmer also a new ato and new return pump. Still have not received anything yet I will post pics when they arrive. Also decided to redo the inside of tank so thinking of selling all rocks and corals and getting Marco rocks to do a minimal aquascape. Also I did get a new stand for the tank had reef saavy do it for me came out awesome will post pics soon. Stay tune.

Archived