Top Shelf Aquatics

Hexadron's Nitoralis [Retired]

Hexadron

I think everyone that has gotten a pic0 I have seen has been throughly impressed with the seam and alignment quality. I am a pretty harsh critic even to compare it to my ada tank and am impressed.

I'm pretty harsh myself, and although I haven't seen an ADA tank in the flesh yet, the PicO is quite amazing as for seams and build quality. Seeing some "regular" tanks as well as an ELOS, the PicO just really shines.

Pfft, he doesn't need to fly you out. He should just send you a bunch of his tanks for free. That'd be the easy way ;)

Haha good thinking! Ya hear that Chris. ;)

This tank is awesome, and the rock work looks great to!

Thanks so much Logan! I can't wait till the rock is filled with corals though :happy:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PicO Aquariums

Haha good thinking! Ya hear that Chris. ;)

Shipping to Canada....

It would be cheaper to put you on a plane down here :lol:

PicO Aquariums

Don't I know it :P:D

Well here's another one the way to you tomorrow

8525369417_6869969484.jpg

:ninja::ninja: I think you know what that is finally.....

Well here's another one the way to you tomorrow

:ninja::ninja: I think you know what that is finally.....

Woohoo! :ninja:

Alrighty, here's the Aquascape in the tank! This gives you a better idea of the scale and look. I know there were a few comments about the back looking like it should be the front, and i have tried it both ways just to see, but this one takes the cake. ;)

34e9fsm.jpg

SeahawkReefer

I was amazed with the plans but... holy cow! The build quality of the tank and your scape look awesome! You have to be selling sooo many picO aquariums with this thread... hmmm... they obviously do custom builds... it is tax time... hmmm... +1 here!

Wow thats a beautiful scape J!

Thank you so much! :happy: I think I spent more time on it than I should have though, as i hope it to be covered in SPS and other corals :P

I was amazed with the plans but... holy cow! The build quality of the tank and your scape look awesome! You have to be selling sooo many picO aquariums with this thread... hmmm... they obviously do custom builds... it is tax time... hmmm... +1 here!

Thanks Aaron! I agree, PicO is the one to go with if you want a long-term sexy tank LOL. I would love to see your build converted to a PicO someday :lol: Sometimes I catch myself just staring at the seams and polished edges of the tank ... :blink::wub::P

Yep that scape is perfect for covering that mp10, yet showing just enough to say yep I got an mp10, lol.

As for corals with movement that wont overgrow the tank, I am not really positive on what your taste is but I was thinking an elegance centerpiece would be pretty cool looking and challenging if your looking for a challenge.

I also like the idea of some exotic torch on the far right side, should isolate it somewhat from the rest.

Holy shit this tank. THIS TANK!

:wub::wub::wub:

This is what happens when good planning and great execution meet. Looking forward to watching the progress :]

Oh You! :lol: Thanks for the compliments. Took me a bit to plan this tank, but all the successful ones all seem to have a plan!

Yep that scape is perfect for covering that mp10, yet showing just enough to say yep I got an mp10, lol.

As for corals with movement that wont overgrow the tank, I am not really positive on what your taste is but I was thinking an elegance centerpiece would be pretty cool looking and challenging if your looking for a challenge.

I also like the idea of some exotic torch on the far right side, should isolate it somewhat from the rest.

It seems like it should work out. The nice thing is I also bought the MP10 Shield from PicO, so if the corals don't respond well, I can always raise it up a bit and use the shield if I am experiencing any vortex.

Well I am trying to keep a color scheme if at all possible, but you never know with impulse buys :P I will look into Elegance corals. I love torches as well, but haven't come across anything I am able to purchase that is worthy. Something bright pink would kick ass. Thanks for the suggestions :)

You could always do a pink hammer coral. Elegance coral seen to be pretty difficult to keep happy, I've never kept one so that's just here say.

You could always do a pink hammer coral. Elegance coral seen to be pretty difficult to keep happy, I've never kept one so that's just here say.

also here say on my part my lfs's always steer people away from them even though they keep quite a few 200$ specimens that I'm sure they would be happy to sell to someone that they were sure wouldn't kill em.

I can't say I have seen a pink hammer before. *googles*... From what I heard hammers aren't quite as aggressive, but will of course sting anything in close proximity.

also here say on my part my lfs's always steer people away from them even though they keep quite a few 200$ specimens that I'm sure they would be happy to sell to someone that they were sure wouldn't kill em.

Well it may be something to look at in the future, but I think i'll have my hands full with SPS :P

Looks very nice although I'd be afraid the MP10 would blast the corals in such close proximity.

I have about 50x turnover with the MP10 at 20% (including my two Eheim pumps) and it honestly doesn't seem like too much flow from my tests. We will see though. Obviously the corals will let me know pretty quick. The beauty is I could always move it! :P I have seen them placed about the same distance I have mine set without issue.

It's something I will be keeping an eye on though ;)

I can't say I have seen a pink hammer before.

I had one when I first started the hobby, it was gorgeous although the price tag reflected that. I have my MP10 on 40% reef crest and it's perfect. I'm waiting on my shield from Chris so I can move the pump up a tad.

I had one when I first started the hobby, it was gorgeous although the price tag reflected that. I have my MP10 on 40% reef crest and it's perfect. I'm waiting on my shield from Chris so I can move the pump up a tad.

Lol, I had mine set on 60% reefcrest and came down the next morning to find my sand bed completely rearranged with the bottom of the tank exposed in a few spots. I've since put it back to 50 which seems to be the sweet spot.

Archived