Top Shelf Aquatics

The mad house

Psychosis

I used to live in a trailer. its kind of like an apartment. you could hear everything going on next door. all projects had to be done outside or on the kitchen table.

lol

I'm still building, I promise. If I build it, they will come...and I will mug them.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still building, I promise. If I build it, they will come...and I will mug them.

that's good. even if you don't once iix and kat get toms thread locked we can come mess this one up.

I like updating, I get excited about stupid shit. Then everyone finds out I don't have a DSLR and stops caring about what I have. #### you photo snobs, Galaxy S2 fo' life. I just found out they make a Macro lens for my phone, so I might buy that.

I like updating, I get excited about stupid shit. Then everyone finds out I don't have a DSLR and stops caring about what I have. #### you photo snobs, Galaxy S2 fo' life. I just found out they make a Macro lens for my phone, so I might buy that.
Yeah my pics suck to. But I get the point across. Have no desire to spend tons of cash on a camera to brag about my corals. I would rather spend the money on more corals t shirts and shoes. :)

My Iphone is good enough for me. My helper at work is computer nut. He has a S3 and spends hours on the computer modding that phone.

Well, I just tried to get a 50 breeder under the stand for use as a sump. Slight miscalculation, and it's about 3" too long given how the stand was constructed. I'm going to try to find something shorter and wider to compensate. Luckily, a local is having a blow out on a large number of tanks, so I should be able to find a replacement on the cheap. Sadly, that's all I have to report at the moment. It's all ways on my mind, and I should be making large leaps and bounds shortly. I also love that song, so I'm going to play it again.

• 2 weeks later...
Psychosis

He sent it today. I got a rough list of goodies, but for added suspense I'll let pictures do the talking Friday.

Psychosis

I have the 301. :)

I have the 303 with the legs, works great, you'll love it.

Sweet. I've heard mixed reviews, mostly in regard to the pumps burning out prematurely. Have your collective skimmers been working all right for longer than, say, 6 months?

nanoreefer11

I've had mine since late June of last year, no issues at all. Only issue was when I took it out to deep clean the body, I snapped one of the acrylic leg off. I had a friend use plastic weld stuff to fix it and it's rock solid. I may buy your version because my footprint of my current sump is much bigger. A word of advise, run the heck out of it in RO and vinegar. I didn't and it took much longer to break in (like 1.5 weeks).

I did meet someone from my campus who had the smaller 65 model, and he said his had never skimmed at all, even when he first got it. We were able to contact the seller and he replaced the pump for free about 5 months after his original purchase.

Psychosis

I've had mine since late June of last year, no issues at all. Only issue was when I took it out to deep clean the body, I snapped one of the acrylic leg off. I had a friend use plastic weld stuff to fix it and it's rock solid. I may buy your version because my footprint of my current sump is much bigger. A word of advise, run the heck out of it in RO and vinegar. I didn't and it took much longer to break in (like 1.5 weeks).

I was going to run with the 303, it just seemed better constructed based on the ebay pictures. Since I haven't seen them in person though, I figured I'd give the 302 a shot. I could use oversized given my stocking plans.

nanoreefer11

Yeah, I have mine on a 40 breeder, but in the past it's been on a 10 gallon and 20 long. The inside body pump style is way better IMO, several people in my local reef club have it. Only reason I have this one was it's a smaller footprint than the other one.

Archived