Cultivated Reef

Biocube 14 build.(and so it begins)New pics 2/10/2014 pg9

DVaDeR77

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woke up this morning and my water is a little cloudy, is this normal can't find any info, I have no livestock and its 14 days old today.

I forgot to mention I have bubbles forming all over my rock, some are also attached to what looks like brown hair and almost floating above the rock. Should I be worried had not read about bubbles.

Its actually in the water, it seems every one thinks its a bacteria bloom part of the cycle I'm letting it ride for another week and see what happens lights are off only thing in tank is filter floss. While the tank is doing it thing thinking about a led build. Steve's kit but with 10 RB 4 CB AND 4 NW4K along with a typhoon controller and a moonlight strip from Steve's. Jediben suggested that set up, almost a full spec but simple.

Came home this evening and most of the bubbles that were on the rocks are gone, some are still lingering and the bacteria cloud has died down a little but still there. I did dose a little ammonia as wangspeed suggested.

All the bubbles are gone and so is some of the brown but the cloudyness is still there, what's up with that. Have yet to to test my water.

More likely microbubbles. Can't tell from the pics though. It's almost impossible to overdose on the bacteria. I used 2 small bottles of BioSpira and I've been adding a capful of Seachem Stability just to be safe.

Should I put my chempure and puragen( spelling) back in, I took it out a few days after I started up the tank, all the brown is gone as are the bubbles but water still cloudy. Test as of last night click link above picture won't upload.

Nah, you don't need to throw those back in yet. If the diatom bloom is gone, just wait for the ammonia and nitrite to hit 0, then do a big water change, and enjoy the tank.

Tested water this evening levels are coming down, I also left the lights on today for I had them off the past 4 days and I came home to a brown dusting on my rocks and sand and bubbles forming again on the rocks. I also changed my rock scape again. This time I think its good to go. Now I sit and wait.

Archived