inTank Media Baskets

"The Claw"

Tanks

Deleted User 3

I was thinking the same thing ExSmoker. I'm like dang he shouldn't have ate that crab lol. I'm hoping we find out what the creepy thing in the OP is.. :S I'm afraid to know, a lot of scary things being found in tanks lately im afraid to look at mine.

ok..I think I MIGHT have an id..but I do think something is amiss with it. For 2 weeks Sgt has had Sphaeromatid isopod running about. Every one I have seen was apparently a female. Saw purple one that looked like this: http://www.Flickr.com/photos/artour_a/256584463/ hope that link worked.

Did more digging..its a boy. So it isn't a claw...its an arse end :-P Altho I do think something might be up with it to be so knarly and twisted. But until it comes out of its hole fully I'm going to say I think this is as close to an id as I can get. :-)

Honestly, feed that thing some raw shrimp from the market and film it! Post the film here!

How does it seem to move?

Retrack into itself?

Does the claw clam shut?

Does it move from that hole at all?

Either way, I cant sleep becuse its killing me to know what this is.

Deleted User 3

It doesn't look like that isopod at all to me.. not one bit, ya i see the 3 thing on the end but your photo doesn't at all seem to look like that to me, it really looks like a claw...

well..that is the closest thing I can find, and I gave started spotting others about. Original pics look way diff but I don't know what else to try..don't wanna go ripping out rock work. Guess I will just have to keep watching it till I see whole thing.

I am with tulip that doesn't look much alike apart from three points on it.
Set up video surveillance? Or try after dark with a red light and see if it is still there.

I would pull it out and just see, that thing looks evil. Sorry but when in doubt MURDER. Just murdered a baby nerite in my tank yesterday before I realized what it was but left the others. Weird that they reproduced succesfully in high salinity.

Archived