Innovative Marine Aquariums

"The Claw"

Tanks

ok.. yhea.. no idea how to start ID'ing this thing... crap photos.. phone camera /sorry

Been keeping eye on Sgt's rock.. strange critters appearing. And trying to figure out what has happened to his emerald. Saw this few minutes ago.. still there hanging out of the rockwork.

020713133440_zps4c95fc5d.jpg

06a9ee23-2843-4d4e-84e1-0b5986b68726_zps

- its not hard claw.. its looks fleshy

- structure similar to "claw" game.. tripod ish

- size wise.. say about 1/8 inch out of hole

- purpley in color

I swear it looked like an alien arm there.. opening and closing its 3 finger thingies... just went back to check on it.. still hanging out of rock.. but "tentacles" closed.. o.O im going to let Sgt play with that critter =P

not a bobbit.. bobbits have the "ring armor".. this is more scales with white stubby spikes..its shades of purple and white.. i THINK I can see long legs holding it down from top of hole its coming out of.. it really looks freaky

not right now.. its pulled back into hole some.. so hard to focus on it with camera I have. Our Vid camera died so would have to use my phone one.. pictures ok off it.. video.. not so much.. =/ will keep trying

Wait, this looks kind of familiar. I'm going to guess (emphasis on guess) that it's a feather duster that dropped its crown and has no tube.

• Like 2

no id yet..we tried to tempt it out other night with a shrimp pellet but it retracted further in. We will figure this out..looks like its matter of patience.

Cant you take that rock out of tank and place a heater and powerhead in a bucket? just long enough to make it come out of the rock!

I still think its a crab(becuse of the shape of the arm, however the "CLAW" is abnormal for sure.

Archived