inTank Media Baskets

Neowind's 4 Gallon Pico Evolve

neowind712

neowind712

I finally got a few decent shots. Wish I had a cool camera. Anyone know what the green SPS is?

side2.JPG

green.JPG

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
QuickSilver525

wow, awesome tank man, i also have a 4g evolve right now its a frag tank until i can get some better frags for it :)

It looks like a monty of some type. Tank is looking good man making me think I need to add more dry rock to make my scape taller.

I'm looking forward to see how the SPS does with the light. I'm so torn between the beamswork and just being done with it or going through the hassle of building my own.

I'll probably be sticking with a stock light a bit and seeing how zoas and mushrooms do under it while getting the funds to upgrade. Moving out of state is one giant money suck. I feel like I'm watching my vacations and tank slowly fading away... <_<

neowind712

Thanks for all the great compliments. I will also be very interested in seeing how the SPS does.

• 2 weeks later...
neowind712

Here is an updated picture of my pink monti from when I got it to what it looks like today. I was amazed at the change in only 2 weeks going from VHO at the LFS to LED in my pico.

Left is when I got it and right is now.

monti.jpg

neowind712

Made a quick photo of my tank evolution over the last 4 months. My tank official turned 4 months old today.

tankevelotuion.jpg

I know exactly what that green one is and sorry to say I wish you hadn't gotten it. I know from experience... :(

When I put it in my tank it didn't transition right. Unleashed its stinging cells all over my tank and the next day literally the whole tank had died. EVERYTHING.

Just don't upset it!

BTW love this tank thread. Think I'm going to get that light!

neowind712

That's crazy! I cannot find anything saying that these corals are dangerous or have any poison. Did you rule your crash 100% due to this coral? Turbo aria are listed as peaceful species.

Yeah it's 100% due to that. I did the research before I got it and saw that it was peaceful too so that's why I got it haha. But seriously I woke up the next day to that horror. Who knows, maybe there's different types? It was also very large compared to my tank so whatever toxin it put out was very concentrated. Just keep a look out for stinging cells stringing away from the heads and don't let it get too big.

neowind712
Wow, that tank is very impressive for 4 months old. Nice job!

Thanks for the compliment. I tried to do everything slow and the right way on this tank and so far it's paid off. Very low maintenance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
neowind712

I haven't had an update in a little while so I figured I would post a few changes I have made. My frogspawn went from 2 heads to 7 heads in about 4 months. It had taken up a huge part of the tank so I traded it in for a new brain coral. Its colors were not very bright but it was under some old lighting at the LFS so I am hoping it will color up. I moved my neon candy cane up in the tank where the frogspawn was in hopes it will grow as fast as the frogspawn did. I have some side by side comparison shots. You think it is better now or before?

newfront5.jpg

newside5.jpg

nice one! Keep it up. You make a very good decision to move out those frogspawn. I had 2 heads turned into 20+ before and very aggressive to fight for room for growing.

Archived