Cultivated Reef

8g IM Nuvo

cyclonewxchick

cyclonewxchick

So I started in the hobby back in July, and I'm already wanting larger tanks (but have to wait until we buy a house, stupid 3rd floor apartments)...

post-74750-0-67169800-1361922970_thumb.jpg

Currently in the tank:

1- Clown Goby

1 - Pom Pom Crab (female, may be looking for a lover)

6 3 - Sexy Shrimp

1 - Nerite Snail

1 - Cerith Snail

1- Abalone (hitchhiked, but does a wonderful job mowing down hair algea)

Coral:

- Dragon Eye Zoas

- Green Flowerpot coral

- 3 large green-striped mushrooms, tons of little ones after a mp10 mishap

- Green/Purple blasto

- Torch

- Gods armor? Zoas

- Green Ricordea Mushroom

post-74750-0-73116800-1360031379_thumb.jpg

post-74750-0-37334000-1360031378_thumb.jpg

post-74750-0-14130700-1360031377_thumb.jpg

post-74750-0-90808600-1360030917_thumb.jpg

Tank looks good. Nice to see a white version. Im just like you in waiting on a house to upgrade. Hopefully we get one soon since we have been looking a quite a few nice ones lately ;)

cyclonewxchick

That's exciting! First all of my corals and inverts have to survive a move from TX to MN (it's about 24 hours of driving) before I can get a bigger tank :/ I am not looking forward to moving it lol

• 2 weeks later...
cyclonewxchick

I have the AI nano programmed and I love this light! Also added 3 more sexies :) An added bonus - order came with free ricordea, and it fluoresces nicely

post-74750-0-18793500-1361923143_thumb.jpg

Polarcollision

I have the AI nano programmed and I love this light! Also added 3 more sexies :) An added bonus - order came with free ricordea, and it fluoresces nicely

oooh! lovely ric!

cyclonewxchick

oooh! lovely ric!

Thanks! I thought it was going to be an ugly cheap one that came with the shrimp, I was pleasantly surprised

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
iSpeakWhale

great looking tank! I have a question about your mp10 pump. (it looks like an mp10, is it? I don't think it could be any other)

I also have an IM 8 gallon and I just got an mp10 but I'm trying to understand what cycle would be best for my tank before i install it. Could you maybe explain to me a little about what kind of cycle you have going in your tank? I think that that purple light indicates that you're using "Nutrient Transport Mode" (which is what I was actually leaning towards after reading the guide) or "Long Pulse" mode, but I just want to understand the reasoning. And would that be the right kind of flow for my tank, too?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Archived