Blue+

AquaBlue Special

Blue+

Purple+

AquaBlue Special

Blue+

Blue+

Back

def not as blue as these cell phone pics, I plan on having the 4 outside Blue+ on at dusk and dawn and all 8 bulbs for the rest of the photo period.

• Like 1

I threw my tank from the top of a ten story building after seeing this.

hahahaha easily the best comment I have ever read.

Perhaps I should of put a disclaimer in this thread stating that I was not liable for any such actions.

• Like 1

When's this thing getting wet? And where'd u get ur rock and sand?

I got 100lbs (used maybe 60-70lbs) of what was labeled as Marco dry rock from a vendor here in Canada and the sand I used is just Caribsea Seaflor special grade. Just waiting on a return pump and filter socks and some other misc before I fill her up and start the cycle. Still lots of equipment to get and still have to build a cabinet to house all the electrical but that will get done during the cycle.

• Like 1

thats so sick. really like the sump setup

Thanks

Will look much better when everything is cleaned up and running, I dont plan on having anything under the tank besides plumbing, skimmer, return pump, and some GFO and Carbon reactors ( although these might be incorporated into a cabinet beside the tank with the ATO and eventually dosing pump with Cal, Alk, and Mag containers.

I really like the scape. IMO, the only thing that would make it better is if one of the two islands were a bit taller.

Thank you!

I agree it does need to be less symmetrical and this was definatly one thing that I had thought of, but while creating the 2 islands I had initially made one of them taller and I felt that it simply just limited me in the long run with the excessive height of the rock which than gets corals placed on top so I came to the conclusion that I would keep them at this height and than change the look or height of the islands with corals. for example having taller branchier sps making up the majority of one island while the other would have the majority of the corals being shorter more compact varieties of sps.

I often see alot of rock work that in my opinion is too tall when the height or shapes of the rock structures to me should be enhanced and sculpted with the strategic placement of corals similar to how high quality planted fresh water aquascapes are.

In short I plan to acheive this with the actual aquascaping of the corals.

Thanks again for the kind words, your build is one of my all time favorites and gives me great inspiration. I could easily say that your tank and Bon's Lagoon are some of my biggest inspirations.

very clean setup. i love your rock work, im setting up my new tank hope my aquascape comes out good like yours.

Thank You! Patience is key in my opinion, also I found that if I made something that I wasn't 100% on I just left it and looked at it with a fresh perspective the next day.

Wow!!!

Thank You!

polarblair2000

I really like the scape. IMO, the only thing that would make it better is if one of the two islands were a bit taller.

I would leave it how it is. If you go to high there won't as much room to grow his sps that high. Aqua scaping can't be rock alone.

This is has the potential to look stunning! Font let us down :P

• Like 1

Archived