Heater

MP10

no skimmer, use chemipure elite, purigen, filter floss

LIVESTOCK:

osc clown

clean up crew

lots of coral

Maintenance:

Weekly water change and filter floss change. I try to keep things simple, I dont test water other than salinity, i use scripps ocean water (free in San Diego).

This has been by far the best and easiest set up ive had. I was skeptical about the 16g since that is the smallest ive ever gone, but it has worked out great so far and my best tank to date.

Thank you for looking!

IMG_1700_zps08087e3c.jpg

IMG_1698_zps8fc24e1c.jpg

IMG_1697_zps9b139ee4.jpg

IMG_1696_zpsf8278e4b.jpg

IMG_1695_zpsa65ceba1.jpg

IMG_1697_zps9b139ee4.jpg

IMG_1691_zpsf805b127.jpg IMG_1685_zpsfe006c79.jpg IMG_1682_zpsecb09507.jpg IMG_1678_zpsdca0cc6d.jpg IMG_1676_zps0cfeaca5.jpg

• Like 3
Joe'sInTheHouse

This is one of the nicest nanos I've seen. Your aquascape is very pleasing to look at and I love your selection of corals. And I think it is really cool how you have grown the Green Star Polyps on the piece of dead coral. Looks awesome! I am blown away by the beauty and simplicity of this tank. Great work! :)

• Like 1

This is one of the nicest nanos I've seen. Your aquascape is very pleasing to look at and I love your selection of corals. And I think it is really cool how you have grown the Green Star Polyps on the piece of dead coral. Looks awesome! I am blown away by the beauty and simplicity of this tank. Great work! :)

Thanks! The GSP is actually a branching GSP. it grows like that. a couple of rare or other than usual pieces in there. :)

Appreciate all the comments! It looks so much better in person. i wish the pics would show that. ill try to get a vid up maybe.

This is a sweet tank man. I love the nuvo tanks, thats why I bought the 30 gallon lol. I love the color of the kessil, I'm saving up for mine right now. Do you have any suggestions for the percentage of white to blue?

This is a sweet tank man. I love the nuvo tanks, thats why I bought the 30 gallon lol. I love the color of the kessil, I'm saving up for mine right now. Do you have any suggestions for the percentage of white to blue?

just depends on preference and how close your light is to your tank. i never go above 50%. i keep mine blue 50% and white 40%.

Great looking tank, thanks for sharing it. I really appreciate all the different front and side views ... now all you need is a video. ;)

Are you using the Kessil a350W plus the stock lighting (the two 8-Watt SkkyeLight LEDs), or just the Kessil?

Or are you using the SkkyeLight LEDs for moonlights only?

Are you using the Kessil a350W plus the stock lighting (the two 8-Watt SkkyeLight LEDs), or just the Kessil?

Or are you using the SkkyeLight LEDs for moonlights only?

i use the kessil by itself and stock lighting i just use for moon lights.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Great looking aquarium. The corals look very healthy and it really shows that you maintain it well. Keep the pics coming.

Archived