Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Yodle Pico

SPS Samurai

Thanks, NanoTopia! I enjoy putting in the time to keep my Pico healthy. Definitely am anxious to read this forum and see how others are pushing their reefkeeping skills to the extreme.

Another shot of the Tyree Dragon's Breath. One of my favorites.

8362141871_d8a7fb76a6_b.jpg

8226391950_5bd9def80e_b.jpg

newcoral7 by SPS Samurai, on Flickr

Crappy I5 video.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/89882224@N07/8358287429/

Some stunning stock, only 15 days older than my picOcean

Yeah Owlbassboy, I was just checking out your thread. Keep up the good work. I'm a little jealous if that's some kind of DIY super small skimmer. I haven't found anything with a small enough footprint to squeeze in my system. I've been skimmerless since day one.

Unfortunately I lost my pipefish. He did extremely well for about 2 months. He only ate live pods which I supplemented the tank with every week. Anyways, I timed his feeding wrong during my Christmas vacation, tried to get to the office on a Sat to feed him, but it was closed. He had perished by the time I came back to work. Totally my fault. :(

thanks mate, thats a mame design III skimmer :) bad news about the pipefish

That skimmer would work perfectly for my setup. I googled it and it looks like it's only available in Japan. How did you come across one?

i got them to send me it for review on nanoreefblog.com

Do you still know how to get in contact with Mame? I would like to get my hands on one of these even if I have to buy it. I think it would be a good fit. The only reason I haven't added an internal skimmer to this day is because there is not much room and I don't want to sacrifice my glass top. The glass top goes a long way in keeping my water from evaporating and keeping my dkh/ca stable. There's a small gap in the top that could house this skimmer well.

You can order direct from Japan using their site but its a complete nightmare filling out the form lol. I'm considering ordering another soon and will have to go through it lol

Nice tank and corals, sorry about the pipefish they are so cool.

I appreciate the compliments, my pipefish was just lost due to my error. He thrived in my system, but it was pricey and time consuming to feed him. My ultimate goal is to build a slim zooplankton reactor on the back and just gravity feed tigger pods and amphipods into the system. I don't want a fuge, because I want to cultivate a large colony of pods and if there should ever be a die off I don't want to pollute the display.

My first goal is to find a suitable skimmer (maybe the Mame III???) and a chilling system. I've been looking at the CoolWorks IceProbe and temp controller. I live in Austin Tx, so I refuse to add any more SPS until I install a proper chilling unit. I'm expecting 110 degree plus weather this summer

I think there's someone in America making something like the Mame under the name of a gnome

I just checked out the Gnome and although it's cheaper I also saw the Youtube videos of it in action, then compared them to your review pics on Nanoreefblog.com. The Mame III seems to be pulling out way more skimmate. I can keep doing what I'm doing and get the same results without a skimmer, but I think I'm going to give the Mame III a shot.

Nice ecopico. Looking forward to what direction this tank takes :)

Thanks for following. I'm really grateful for finding this Pico forum. There are so many inspirational tanks on here! I've been keeping fish since I was 9 or so and the tanks that encourage me the most are the those built by first time reefkeepers. You guys are the future of this hobby! :D As far as the direction of my system there's only one route... full blown SPS dominant.

Heck yes! I've got the sps bug as well. I've been waiting for my ssc to get its footing and finally color up. Now I'm really eager to see what pieces you decide to put in yours!

Heck yes! I've got the sps bug as well. I've been waiting for my ssc to get its footing and finally color up. Now I'm really eager to see what pieces you decide to put in yours!

I'm a true Acro head, but I do like some of the high end chalices that are floating around. So far, I just have the Lokani, a milli and a piece from Australia growing out. My first priority is to get the system chilled before I add any more SPS. I like to keep things simple and not rush reefbuilding. If I disappear from the scene for a while it's not because I shut the tank down it's because things are doing well and I want to share only solid updates and progress. I've visited a lot of other forums and it seems that there is a nasty habit of people setting up instant reefs just for a quick photo op. I guess that's why a lot of forums don't do NTOTM anymore. Then there are the true Nano enthusiast which I am thankful I found here! Just by reading through the threads I've found so many interesting new products that I want to try. I like those Vertex algae scrapers, but I need something with a razor on it. The Coraline has taken off and I pretty much have a pink/purple cube sitting on my desk. I def need to tone it down. :wacko:

I'm a true Acro head, but I do like some of the high end chalices that are floating around. So far, I just have the Lokani, a milli and a piece from Australia growing out. My first priority is to get the system chilled before I add any more SPS. I like to keep things simple and not rush reefbuilding. If I disappear from the scene for a while it's not because I shut the tank down it's because things are doing well and I want to share only solid updates and progress. I've visited a lot of other forums and it seems that there is a nasty habit of people setting up instant reefs just for a quick photo op. I guess that's why a lot of forums don't do NTOTM anymore. Then there are the true Nano enthusiast which I am thankful I found here! Just by reading through the threads I've found so many interesting new products that I want to try. I like those Vertex algae scrapers, but I need something with a razor on it. The Coraline has taken off and I pretty much have a pink/purple cube sitting on my desk. I def need to tone it down. :wacko:

i clean my glass even tho there nothing on it just to keep things from growing on it. lots of crazy nano heads on here. most people just update their threads for their own sake as to keep a journal of things going on in the tank...atleast thats what i do with mine. lol

• 1 month later...
SPS Samurai

I just put the order in for the CoolWorks Ice Probe and control unit. Just need to figure out how I can efficiently run it on my system. It'll definitely help the SPS.

SPS Samurai

Nice looking pico. How many gallons are those ecopicos? Just curious where u gonna put mount that ice probe chiller.

I believe they are 5.5 gallons, but with this much livestock I think it's holding a little less than 3. As far as the probe, I was just considering looping it through a canister filter.

Archived