Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Justice's Nuvo16. New Pics 4-16-13

Justice

Was the fuge light easy? How much did it cost you?

It was very easy to make. Ordered the parts from RapidLED for about $25 I think. All you have to do is solder two wires to the led, but they sell solder-less leds if you can't solder or don't have the equipment for it.

what does the fuge basket and fuge light do?

It's a form of biological filtration and a place for pods to hang out and hopefully reproduce. With such a small refugium it may not be extremely effective, but it can't hurt either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Following!

Thank you

The shot of the light looks great. Hows it going? Still enjoying the colour?

Thanks, the light is great. You can control the different channels to get the color temp you like best. For the value, it's hard to beat these fixtures imo.

Hey, love the setup. I am thinking about picking that light up, it looks like an incredible value. Can you program timers on it automatically? What's the weight like?

Hey, love the setup. I am thinking about picking that light up, it looks like an incredible value. Can you program timers on it automatically? What's the weight like?

Thanks, it's a great value for sure! Yes, you can program it automatically. You can program each channel independently and have it ramp up or down in increments of 30mins or 1hr.

Did you get the base $179 model or get a different angle lens?

I got the Photon 16/Ti 2040 with 90 degree optics, which is $320.00 shipped.

My SPS shipment from Battlecorals came in this morning and boy am I happy. Everything was packaged very well and the frags look great! Pics below, and I will post up a list of what all I got soon.

IMG_0096_zps063e2f79.jpg

IMG_0099_zps12df9c4a.jpg

IMG_0103_zps5148e8bf.jpg

IMG_0107_zps89de94ad.jpg

IMG_0118_zps93ef2768.jpg

Following...

Very nice and clean build! Love the equipment you selected.

How was service of Battlecorals? I have been eyeballing their ORA Germa Blue Polyped Acro. Looks like you spent a pretty penny.

Very nice!

Thanks!

Following...

Very nice and clean build! Love the equipment you selected.

How was service of Battlecorals? I have been eyeballing their ORA Germa Blue Polyped Acro. Looks like you spent a pretty penny.

Thank you. The service from Battlecorals was topnotch. Adam responded to all my emails I sent, and the packaging of the corals was great. I will purchased from him again for sure.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Really like your setup and especially since this is SPS system at 16 gallons I'm tuned in! I'm trying to do this on a much smaller scale 6 gallon AIO.... :)

Really like your setup and especially since this is SPS system at 16 gallons I'm tuned in! I'm trying to do this on a much smaller scale 6 gallon AIO.... :)

Thank you, I will check out your build =).

Some more pics with the frag rack right side up...lol. I had it upside down..DOH!

IMG_0129-1_zps470f1084.jpg

IMG_0132-1_zps9a78f23e.jpg

IMG_0135-1_zps06240034.jpg

Lovin that coral shipment!! i'm slowly getting into colored sticks. With that Light and all the color options youll be able to make these babies POP! Can't wait to see all those planted :)

My SPS shipment from Battlecorals came in this morning and boy am I happy. Everything was packaged very well and the frags look great! Pics below, and I will post up a list of what all I got soon.

IMG_0096_zps063e2f79.jpg

IMG_0099_zps12df9c4a.jpg

IMG_0103_zps5148e8bf.jpg

IMG_0107_zps89de94ad.jpg

IMG_0118_zps93ef2768.jpg

Wow - Nice tank and great choice on the corals from Battle Corals !!! Can't wait to get my order from Battle Corals - it comes this Saturday B) !!!

Lovin that coral shipment!! i'm slowly getting into colored sticks. With that Light and all the color options youll be able to make these babies POP! Can't wait to see all those planted :)

Thank you!

Wow - Nice tank and great choice on the corals from Battle Corals !!! Can't wait to get my order from Battle Corals - it comes this Saturday B) !!!

Thanks, you won't be disappointed!

Did you drill the holes on your frag rack? No other plugs fit but the eshopps ones

Nope, no drilling. The plugs BattleCorals uses fit just fine.

bobssecrtsn

if your new to SPS i would advice Dipping fresh shipments. for any unwanted pest in a new system.

I also dont want to be a douche but i wouldnt buy a whole pack of SPS in a fresh new system/beginner take it slow and start with one piece at a time and if its happy get more. Just tryna save you some cash if they STN for some reason.

Also if your going to be doing alot of SPS i would advice you to get a Dosing system/setup its worth every penny!

if your new to SPS i would advice Dipping fresh shipments. for any unwanted pest in a new system.

I also dont want to be a douche but i wouldnt buy a whole pack of SPS in a fresh new system/beginner take it slow and start with one piece at a time and if its happy get more. Just tryna save you some cash if they STN for some reason.

Also if your going to be doing alot of SPS i would advice you to get a Dosing system/setup its worth every penny!

Thanks for the advise, I appreciate it. While I am new to SPS I'm not just buying things on impulse. I have done plenty of research which led me to purchase the equipment I did for this tank. I have plenty of light, plenty of flow and as long as I keep my water parameters stable I'm in good shape. I did start with some "easy" frags before I had this purchase. I've had a ORA birdsnest and a monti frag in the tank for a couple weeks, and they are doing great.

I do use Coral RX on all my corals coming in also. I'll wait and see about the dosing system. If weekly water changes aren't good enough then I'll for sure get a dosing system.

Nice tank bro. Did you use starboard for the bottom of the tank? And what made you go BB. I'm think of doing the same with my 16 Nuvo.

Nice tank bro. Did you use starboard for the bottom of the tank? And what made you go BB. I'm think of doing the same with my 16 Nuvo.

No, no starboard on the bottom. I went BB for easier maintenance. Sandbeds can be a lot of work and caus problems if not well taken care of. Going BB you loose out on being able to keep some cool fish and inverts, but for me it's well worth it. Also I can't tell you how many times in LFS's and on forums I've seen people that have amazing looking tanks fish and coral wise but with a nasty looking sandbed, it's a bad eyesore to me.

Archived