ReefCleaners.org

Magical Flying 4gal Pico Reef Adventures.

SgtBhaji

Tank looks nice! Great progress so far.

It looks like you might favor rics and zoas; something we share in common...

Thanks... and Yeah, I do have a bit of a liking for both. I can see more of each appearing over the coming weeks. :)

They've been going in gradually for the last month or so.

Oh... I did think of one annoyance with the lamp

... there's no switches on it. You have to unplug each color from the outlet separately to switch them off.

That's a little rediculous but I'm sure an inline dimmer is available somewhere....

They've been going in gradually for the last month or so.

Oh... I did think of one annoyance with the lamp

... there's no switches on it. You have to unplug each color from the outlet separately to switch them off.

Timers are your friend.

That's a little rediculous but I'm sure an inline dimmer is available somewhere....

Probably... I haven't looked though, I've just lived with it so far.

Love the Maxi

Really like this tank, nice and clean scape

Thanks! Need to make room for another. :P

Timers are your friend.

Yeah... I really should look in to that.

• 1 month later...

So I think that in the few months that I have been at this, I'm slowly beginning to get to grips with things and gradually starting to get a little confidence... so I ordered an ADA 60F. :P I'm not going to quit on my 4g Pico or remove anything other than some spare zoa frags... I'm in this for the long haul with this little puppy. I love the way it looks too much.

Bring on the happy-fun-times with reef #2. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

So i figured it's about time that I added some updated photos since the tank's coming up on it's first year. I've moved some corals from here in to my other nano, and some from that to this in the past couple of months and the tank seems to be coming along just great.

http://s1114.photobucket.com/user/SgtBhaji/media/4%20Gal%20Pick%20Reef/20131213_203112.jpg.html'>20131213_203112.jpg

http://s1114.photobucket.com/user/SgtBhaji/media/4%20Gal%20Pick%20Reef/20131213_202940.jpg.html'>20131213_202940.jpg

• 4 months later...
Marine Depot

So i figured it's about time that I added some updated photos since the tank's coming up on it's first year. I've moved some corals from here in to my other nano, and some from that to this in the past couple of months and the tank seems to be coming along just great.

20131213_203112.jpg

20131213_202940.jpg

Hello,

I am currently working on an article that highlights amazing innovative marine nuvo aquariums. I love your tank and was wondering if we could use your tank and give you credit for all your hard work. Please let me know, thank you!

• 6 months later...

Figured it's time to post another pic. It's still going strong, despite some Zoas being bugged by worms. Getting close to it's 2 year anniversary. :)

IMG_20141203_222238_1.jpg

I'll try get some closer shots when I can.

Figured it's time to post another pic. It's still going strong, despite some Zoas being bugged by worms. Getting close to it's 2 year anniversary. :)

IMG_20141203_222238_1.jpg

I'll try get some closer shots when I can.

Very nice... Is that another good looking tank in the background? Need a shot of it

Thanks! The other one back there is a bit of a mess. It kinda had the roles of a holding tank and a pest tank. We're currently cleaning it up though. :)

This is a nice looking little tank. I love the sun corals if thats what they are. Did you buy it that size or have you been able to get it to grow.

Thanks! :)

I got the sun with a handful of heads earlier this year and it's growing fantastically. It has well over 20 heads and sprouting more. I take it out of the tank and feed it a mix of mysis, brine shrimp and phyto weekly.

Taking it out of the tank lets me feed it heavily without dumping too much junk in the tank.

Here's when I first got it:IMG_20140118_222959.jpg

And this is it a couple of weeks ago:

IMG_20141206_010349.jpg

I love it. I picked up one that's all but dead for my other tank for $2.50. Trying to nurse it back to health atm.

Looks good. :) The stock light seems to be doing a good job at growing your stuff. :) That mini-maxi is (relatively) huge!

Thanks! The maxi has grown quite a bit. It was always at the bottom of the tank but it decided it wanted to sit at the head of the table, and there's no moving it. :)

As for the stock light, it does the job...Just, but I really need to upgrade it.

Archived