inTank Media Baskets

60g Deep Blue Cube

louy99

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking clean!

it appears my tank is too clean, my acro and green cap have bleached out some and not as vibrant as when i bought it :huh: . my LED's are at 60% at its peek so i know its not the lights being too strong.

im going to feed my fish a bit more to create more waste and stop running carbon, hopefully they will color up again.

nice tank but canopy on a rimless tank bit of a shame.

The lfs he got it from had the rimless on sale cheaper than the rimmed.

Marco Madeira

it appears my tank is too clean, my acro and green cap have bleached out some and not as vibrant as when i bought it :huh: . my LED's are at 60% at its peek so i know its not the lights being too strong.

im going to feed my fish a bit more to create more waste and stop running carbon, hopefully they will color up again.

Hi Louy99...

Too much light in my opinion..., If you check other tanks with Radions they are much higher then yours.

I had the same problem with a kessil A350 over my cube... it was too much light! Try to lower the intensity of the whites, should help!

I had setup my kessil with 100% blues and just 30% on whites otherwise all sps would burn and later bleached.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Louy99...

Too much light in my opinion..., If you check other tanks with Radions they are much higher then yours.

I had the same problem with a kessil A350 over my cube... it was too much light! Try to lower the intensity of the whites, should help!

I had setup my kessil with 100% blues and just 30% on whites otherwise all sps would burn and later bleached.

thanks...have turned down the lights and could tell that helped.

getting some birthday money next week and hoping to stock up on some coral :D

• 4 weeks later...

thinking of adding a clam...i know they like to stick to rock work but how much light do they need? i see lots of people keeping them on the sand and some up top on the rocks. any recommendations?

BattleAthletics

since the Bio Pellets became active, this tank has been super clean. tank is 100% algae free and sand is white! Highly recommend Carbon Dosing with Bio Pellets.

I think its the ovaltine and not the carbon/biopellets

• 2 months later...

Well, my base rock was starting to grow a purple sponge that was starting to cover my zoas so i had to take all my rock out and scrub the sponge off. i couldnt for the life of me figure out how i did my scape so i changed it up and created two islands.

1010580_10103368276254233_53444249_n.jpg

i think i like this look better...i like the trench look and my fish are not hiding as much.

• 4 weeks later...

Looking good! I'm in the process of moving to a deep blue Rimless 60 as well. It'll be radion lit too. Good to see some nice pics and some additional ideas on scape. I was torn between the rock mound look and attempting a two island setup....now that I see it'll fit I think I may go that route. I'm moving from a 44 so its not much larger but being drilled should make life much better and get all the crap that's hanging on the tank now out of the way.

How is the flow? I've got several powerheads lying around to try. Anything from 600gph koralia to a 1700gph tunze so I have options. I plan a mixed reef, not much sps most likely.

Looking good! I'm in the process of moving to a deep blue Rimless 60 as well. It'll be radion lit too. Good to see some nice pics and some additional ideas on scape. I was torn between the rock mound look and attempting a two island setup....now that I see it'll fit I think I may go that route. I'm moving from a 44 so its not much larger but being drilled should make life much better and get all the crap that's hanging on the tank now out of the way.

How is the flow? I've got several powerheads lying around to try. Anything from 600gph koralia to a 1700gph tunze so I have options. I plan a mixed reef, not much sps most likely.

flow is really good in my tank...have two return nozzles pumping water back, Mp10 and two 500gph power heads

I think it's a T-Rex eating a pile of Ice Cream.

lHYWad6.jpg

Oh Wow, That is awesome! thanks for the chuckle guys

• 2 months later...

Archived