ReefCleaners.org

?

snaggle

I am in the military and am posted to Kingston Ontario and i live in Edmonton Alberta (for thoughs who dont know that is about 4 days of driving or 4000 km) i baught a waterhome 3 its a 3g tank to set a nano reef while i am in kingston. I am here for 6 months then i go home I want to bring every thing with me, I have an inverter for my car so i can plug every thing in but i dont know what prep I should do or if there is a better wat to move every thing home ? please tell me what i should do or your personal experences.

BKtomodachi

Whoa! You just gave me a sweet idea... nano reef in the RV! Plug it in when you get home, or install a tank in your car that you can see every day! Maybe a sphere with macro and a mantis or something!-but sorry I cant help otherwise.

Depends on the volume of animals and water we're talking about. With most nanos, people usually transport them for short haul moves with new styrofoam beer coolers and a battery powered water pump/airstone combination.

That's what i'd recommend. You can invest in an insulated plastic beer cooler and a $20 battery powered airpump and drive your animals back when you go (i'm assuming you'd be driving). Just remember to wear gloves when handling corals (especially zooanthus) and LR and try to keep them warm.

Since you live in Canada, the warmth issue could be critical depending on the time of year. You might also want to invest in a small fully submersable heater (25 watt) with suction cup brackets that you can plug into the car inverter.

Other than that, you might need a lead plant weight (see your LFS) to keep the airstone from floating too bad on you during the move, but that's it in a nutshell. Hope this helps.

Archived