SaltCritters.com

Oceanarium Imaginarium 80's Slurricane Wonderventure

Deckoz2302

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think im gonna make a trip to md this weekend to grab some equipment or of storage. And grab some rock from pacific east aquaculture to start cycling.

Thanks gena. Lol you, felicia, candy and hype told me I should so..I figured why not. However im moving at siwelks speed haha

krackerjacksna

You will have to give a mini review on the bubble Magnus curve skimmer. That is the one I am leaning towards for my next build. Love the setup with multiple forms of nutrient export!

You will have to give a mini review on the bubble Magnus curve skimmer. That is the one I am leaning towards for my next build. Love the setup with multiple forms of nutrient export!

Thanks. I will sir. It is basically the same as my setup now. 2 fuges. Skimmer. But instead of gfo/carbon/zeolite im gonna give biopellets a try. So ill be selling my tlf150 reactors as well as my custom hob fuge and mini internal 115 skimmer

Have you thought about doing an ats? they can be amazing if done right. And since you are transferring from an already established tank, I wouldn't add bio pellets. I've read too many times of it crashing tanks. It even happened to my friend! I also feel like they remove too much nutrients that could be going to the coral if you have other things filtering the water too. Ya know what I mean?

Think im gonna make a trip to md this weekend to grab some equipment or of storage. And grab some rock from pacific east aquaculture to start cycling. Thanks gena. Lol you, felicia, candy and hype told me I should so..I figured why not. However im moving at siwelks speed haha

:D

Nothing wrong with slowly planning your build ;)

• Like 1
jedimasterben

You walk a thin line when it comes to biopellets - not enough, and it doesn't perform as expected, too much, and you lose your coral. Finding that happy median will take some playing around, but unfortunately usually comes at the cost of losing coral. :/

You walk a thin line when it comes to biopellets - not enough, and it doesn't perform as expected, too much, and you lose your coral. Finding that happy median will take some playing around, but unfortunately usually comes at the cost of losing coral. :/

Exactly. Well said.

Will be going on the underside of things as it is mainly a backup to the double fuges just as carbon/gfo/zeorock was in my current tank because I always halvedy doses. so adverage is 1ml/gallon of display ill be using 37-50ml as water volume will be around 67 gallons.

:DNothing wrong with slowly planning your build ;)

Word

Have you thought about doing an ats? they can be amazing if done right. And since you are transferring from an already established tank, I wouldn't add bio pellets. I've read too many times of it crashing tanks. It even happened to my friend! I also feel like they remove too much nutrients that could be going to the coral if you have other things filtering the water too. Ya know what I mean?

Ats?

I actually did think about it. I have my current hob fuge which is 3x10x16 that I could turn upside down over top of the screening/plumbing spray bar as if it were a spray/creep shield. But I decided against it due to height of the sump and stand and also because I separated the fuges from the sump for a reason this time as ill be blacking out one side of the fuge and sump to minimize algae and other growth in the sump. With that idea it would have drained directly into the sump since the open top would then be open bottom

Bubble mag curve 5 Skimmer. Mag drive7. Bubble mag tube holder. Two bubble mag dosing shelves. Bubble mag doser and slave. I decided to wait on the biopellet reactor

Welcome back, long no see. Expecting big things. :)

Thanks nuewave. How have you been my friend

Not much bud, just exhausted between school and work. First day off in 10 days which equals water change time. Otherwise doing good bud. And just trying to refrain from buying too many goodies for the tank since I plan on upgrading later this year.

Not much bud, just exhausted between school and work. First day off in 10 days which equals water change time. Otherwise doing good bud. And just trying to refrain from buying too many goodies for the tank since I plan on upgrading later this year.

Yea I know the feeling lol

Just ordered my cheato tumbler box... aka AR-Pro add on refugium 5x15x18

KGrHqJhgE6Z3Bp3UUBOBh5rNQ60_3.jpg

• Like 1

KGrHqJhgE6Z3Bp3UUBOBh5rNQ60_3.jpg

If I had a sump and a refugium, that's exactly what I would get. I love it! I can't wait to see your chaeto tumbler in action...so cool!!!! How much was that?

Archived