Cultivated Reef

How much have you invested?

rmacedo2010

BustytheSnowMaam

I had one of these once, for a couple of years.

IMG_1052.jpg

Then one day, in spite of my lid, it jumped. I was heartbroken.

(it's an Atlantic Candy Basslet)

I would love to open up my own store someday. There isn't really any good lfs around here so I know with dedication and good knowledge I could do it but don't have the finances or know abouts to start a buisness right now

• Like 1

Run! While you still can. ;)

HA! I was addicted before I got a taste of reefing. I wouuld go to sea world and spend a good 30 mins everytime looking at their mixed tank.

HA! I was addicted before I got a taste of reefing. I wouuld go to sea world and spend a good 30 mins everytime looking at their mixed tank.

I'm thinking about going back there soon actually.

I'm thinking about going back there soon actually.

If you have not been there lately they renovated that area and it is in the manta aquarium now. Their colonies are HUGE!! or at least the biggest ones I have seen. There were some nice sized clams in there too.

Now that I think about it I wonder how much money Sea World blows on their fishtanks... :wacko:

I had one of these once, for a couple of years.

IMG_1052.jpg

Then one day, in spite of my lid, it jumped. I was heartbroken.

(it's an Atlantic Candy Basslet)

Holy sheep sh*t I just looked up one of those candy basslets and that thing was $1000 WOW!!!!

I'm sure they know down to the penny. It's been several years since I've been. Looking forward to it now.

Holy sheep sh*t I just looked up one of those candy basslets and that thing was $1000 WOW!!!!

and for good reason, that f'n thing is gorgeous. They've come down a bit to 799$ but damn I've stocked my whole tank with fish for that amount.

My tank? Priceless. Also, a black hole on my finances that I refuse to tally up for fear of selling it all in a mad effort to reclaim my lost dough, that could have probably been used to buy any number of more practical items.

Just remember kids, cocaine would have been a cheaper hobby.

• Like 1

Look at it this way, "It's only money" :)

You can ask this question of any hobby and most really empty the wallet fast. Let's face it, if one weren't messing with a tank it would be golf, fishing, skiing, etc.

Probably less addicting also.

Plus, if you spend enough money you win a free two week vacation to a spa! Do I get an all expense paid vacation? Nooo, I get sliced open by a sump and salty floors.

Deleted User 4

About 2-3k but I have gained some of the money back by selling my lps collection for profit. So there weren't really any losses for me :)

I made a spreadsheet to track dates and purchases... Not something I would want to show anyone... under the guise of "its just a small 12g!" it has cost me over $800 since June 2012. At least it's pretty and the ladies love it! It really is a good ice breaker!

Archived