Coral Vue Hydros

Spectrapure hookup

patback

I'm a complete rodi noob and the only directions that came in the manual just said "screw on the adapter". Is there a way to hook it up on the sink? Should I just add a tee with a garden hose faucet to the piping in my basement?

Btw, 80 Tds tap water at my house ;)

Theres a number of different adaptors you can get to hook up a RO/DI system. Theres an adaptor to hook up to a faucet, or one that hooks up to the valve underneath the sink, one that will hook up to a hose bib, and one that hooks up to a washer machine outlet. Plus theres probably plenty more different styles. Just remember, there will also be a waste water line that you will have to put in a drain of some type. Try searching on Amazon, maybe the Spectrapure website or your local Home depot, since they carry RO systems for drinking water they usually have hookup adaptors for them too.

I just went to Home Depot and pieced together everything to hook my unit up to the valve under the sink. I split the cold water hose off and ran another valve and hose to the RO/DI unit. That way I could still use the sink and RO/DI unit at the same time and turn off the valve when done. Pretty easy. Everything you need can be found in the plumbing section just take a look at your sink before you go.

I have 20 TDS before the RO/DI here. Pretty good quality if you ask me.

I'm a complete rodi noob and the only directions that came in the manual just said "screw on the adapter". Is there a way to hook it up on the sink? Should I just add a tee with a garden hose faucet to the piping in my basement?

Btw, 80 Tds tap water at my house ;)

You might find this video helpful. I know I did :)

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/video/series/view/rodi-series?video=79

I just went down to my basement where t washer is and I think this will be the easiest, quickest thing. I actually just came on here to post that I was thinking of doing that, fnard.

Thanks for the quick replys guys.

I use a brass garden hose wye on the washing machine cold water supply. Make sure to get the wye with individual ball valves built in so you can isolate one or the other side.

Archived