ReefCleaners.org

New Nuvo 16gggg!

Indonano

So far so good. Impressed. Hell yeah.

Houston we have a problemo! The silicon of the "dump wall" as you can say, was done poorly... But with some adjustments it will be fixed.post-78156-0-94563500-1357424482_thumb.jpg

post-78156-0-85290900-1357424230_thumb.jpg

These are absolutely gorgeous tanks but I have heard some horror stories about the silicon jobs on the Innovative Marine aquariums. I heard they have been fixed but it still scares me. I'll be following along as these tank looks awesome once they get setup.

These are absolutely gorgeous tanks but I have heard some horror stories about the silicon jobs on the Innovative Marine aquariums. I heard they have been fixed but it still scares me. I'll be following along as these tank looks awesome once they get setup.

I have the Nuvo 8. The reason why people complain about the silicone is because it's black so it's easy to see - flaws and all. I'm sure all tanks done with clear silicone are just as sloppy. My complaint is the crappy black "sticky" paper on the back of the tank. Mine is peeling and is starting to get bubbles after only a couple of months. I don't use the stand because I put the tank on a lazy susan so I can spin it around to get to the sump. If I would do it over, I would probably get a different tank. They are nice looking tanks though.

That and I have seen a few threads on another forum where the filter compartment was coming off of the aquarium since they aren't one piece. I don't know if that changed but that scared the crap out of me when spending so much for an aquarium.

I had a early 2011 white 16 gallon that I had exchanged by innovative marine and got a may 2012 model and honestly the quality of the glass work and silicone job is excellent. The one I had first started to grow algea between the acrylic and silicone and it looked horrible but when I transferred everything over into the new one it seemed like they let it cure longer and haven't seen any growth or separation. Good luck with your tank

• Like 1

I feel that the problem is the wall where the glue is applied doesn't stick to the wall. Maybe if I was to remove the existing glue and sand down the edges that might help? But other than this, the tank is beautiful.

It doesn't look to different from mine, I would just leave it alone and save yourself the headache. Or you can call IM and considering the awsome customer service won't let you go unsatisfied

I have Manny's (one of the owners of IM) phone number (personal cell phone) somewhere >_> Had to deal directly with him to resolve the problems I had.

Still have a brand new Nuvo 16 sitting in a box at work... Problem I had with it, after I got a decent tank delivered, was the return pump noise. No matter which I put in there the vibrations caused by the pump being too close to glass was unbearable in my bedroom. Pumps were silent if I dangled them in the middle of the display, but the second I put them in the back chamber the rattle noise started :(

Did it have the little suction cups that holds the pump down?

Yes it did. The noise would start the second the pump was submerged and didn't matter whey in the back chamber it was or how it was attached.

That sucks, the problem with the stock pump I had was the fact that the rear chamber it sits in would have to be really full in order not to get micro bubbles from shooting into my display area so I swapped it out and put in a cobalt mj1200

I tried adding two pumps to the rear chamber and I was getting a TON of air bubbles. I now just utliize one pump which is the pump from my Biocube which gives me around 255 GPH. I also use a Vortech MP10 for additional flow.

Well you guys hate to disappoint I'll be on an unannounced trip. I will post more picture in exactly 9 days. By then I should have my existing tank in this Nuvo. Also looking into the mp10! So I guess I will leave the silicon alone, I would just hate for the wall to collapse in the future. Thanks for the help!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived