Coral Vue Hydros

Typhon LED controller Boxes

sammy113

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please add me to the list for a black box.

This is fantastic - I have been trying for days to decide what I was going to do to house this controller.

:) You got it!

Just a quick question. Did you buy the laser cutter or make it? Or did you rent one?

I have a laser cutter

1 Black box please

Got you

Would like to get a black box. Do you have these available still or are you still out?

I'm currently out. I'm building a new batch these days

When do you expect to have the new ones built? Any color

Don't have an exact day as I have 45+ to build. Stay tuned for updates. I may start to announce some available as I finish them. Probably around a week

Don't have an exact day as I have 45+ to build. Stay tuned for updates. I may start to announce some available as I finish them. Probably around a week

We may hold you to that :)

Around a week isn't bad at all. Can't wait to see the announcement :)

• 2 weeks later...

How are we lookin sammy? Any updates? My typhon is lookin mighty lonely :)

Hi! I've been a bit delayed with a lot of work + college but I started cutting some pieces already. I'll have around 40 boxes for the grabs. Hopefully this next week I'll finish cutting them and start to build them.

Important note to everyone

This Typhon box project was designed based on the Typhon controller I have from BoostLED which is from the latest batch they had. The first units they sold had shorter buttons and the button extensions included in this boxes will not be long enough to work. This can be easily solved by simply gluing a piece of cardboard, plastic and I've even seen pencil rubbers attached to it :P

Since Typhon is an Open Source controller, the components used for the construction of them may change depending of the batches any seller buys to make them or where they buy the actual components. **These boards are not all built from the same place/factory** Again, this is open source, so anyone can make them. Just a friendly disclaimer/advice but I have never had problems with the fitting in more than 30 that I've sold.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey mate,

Just wondering on availability of the boxes atm? And if I could put my name down for a black box?

(ps BigAl you're everywhere)

Hey mate,

Just wondering on availability of the boxes atm? And if I could put my name down for a black box?

(ps BigAl you're everywhere)

Who me? LOL! Yea I belong to a "few" forums :)

Thought so lol always nice seeing a friendly face though :) (I'll be using those awesome instructions you sent me soon too :D my leds and typhon have landed in Aus just waiting for the tank and them to arrive on my doorstep!)

Hello everyone. Sorry for the lack of updates on this project. My current "Spare" time have been very compromised and I have not been able to work on the boxes. Long story short, I got a new commercial space where I'm building my own shop and I'm moving all the tools and stuff from my little 10'x10' room in my house to this new 600sq ft space. Bright side is I will have a lot more room to build and stock my stuff :)

I still need to make all the installations for the laser cutting machine, exhausts, air compressor, 220v power connections and whatnot. This will take me some time as I'm working all of this mess. I WILL have these boxes made for you guys and as a reward for your patience (even though I haven't ask for any payment in advance) is I will offer you all free shipping within the states for those that currently ARE on the list and those who asked for Typhon boxes before this post who have not been added yet to the list :D

I will announce here once they're ready to go for those interested in getting Typhon Boxes

Thanks all for your patience and your interest

Here's a pic of the new place:

IMG_6070_zps8d7f9209.jpg

And here's where the magic happens ;)

IMG_6412_zps91af802c.jpg

Archived