Top Shelf Aquatics

SFG's Nuvo 16

sfg

Bought the kid a DSLR for Christmas... trying to learn how to use it. I will post more pics as I take'em.

Equipment:

Innovative Marine Nuvo 16 (5 month's old)
12lbs of Fiji
10lbs of LS (Water and sand from established tank)
IM "Desktop" skimmate skimmer
IM SpinStream returns
InTank Media and Fuge baskets (Chaeto in Basket)
JBJ Nano Glo Fuge light
CA Titanium 100W Heater
DA Reefkeeper Lite with PH Probe
Ecotech MP10 ES
MJ 900 Return pump
Kessil A150 10K
TrueLumens 24" Pacific Blue LED strip
JBJ ATO

Livestock:
Assorted Acans (Rainbow, not sure on the rest, lol)
Xenia (Pink Pulsing, White PomPom, Blue) = Soon to be gone
GSP
Zoa (Eagle Eye, Blue Tubs, PPE)
Sunny D Palys
SPS (Green Birds Nest, Purple Bonsai, Pink Mille, acro, Idaho Grape Montipora Cap)
Duncan
Red FlowerPot
Red Blasto
Assorted Rics
Hammer, Frogspawn
Crocea Clam
Yellow Star Polyps
Extreme Saddle Back Clowns (pair)
Yellow Watchman Goby
Pep Shrimp
Emerald Crab
Assorted snails and hermits

Pics:

FP1.jpg

HC1.jpg

FS1.jpg

HC2.jpg

CL4.jpg

CL1.jpg

DSC_0338.jpg

AC1.jpg

AC2.jpg

DC1.jpg

Not crazy about the scape at the moment, but I am due to move here in a few months and will change things then. Looking to redo the entire scape with much less rock..

Anyhoot.. here is a vid: http://vimeo.com/57112981

The clowns are awesome looking. How about a FTS? I've been considering Xenia, why are getting rid of yours? Everything looks great!

Dang where'd u get that clown??

Someone local had them on consignment at a LFS. They are a mix of fancy/Wyoming whites. Or as SA calls them, saddle backs. I plan on taking a shot at breeding them in the future. The two pics are 2 diff fish.

The clowns are awesome looking. How about a FTS? I've been considering Xenia, why are getting rid of yours? Everything looks great!

Thanks. I'll try and take a FTS when it gets darker. Too much of a reflection during the day.

The xenias are growing like crazy. And while I love the look, it's too much to keep up with given the size of the tank. I may setup a small Xenia island and maintain them from there.

Someone local had them on consignment at a LFS. They are a mix of fancy/Wyoming whites. Or as SA calls them, saddle backs. I plan on taking a shot at breeding them in the future. The two pics are 2 diff fish.

Thanks. I'll try and take a FTS when it gets darker. Too much of a reflection during the day.

The xenias are growing like crazy. And while I love the look, it's too much to keep up with given the size of the tank. I may setup a small Xenia island and maintain them from there.

Cool. U should definitely try breeding them. Any idea what they're worth?

• Like 1

I demand a fts now!

Lol, later tonight. It's a "busy" nano. Almost too much stuff.

Cool. U should definitely try breeding them. Any idea what they're worth?

I was told about $130-$150 each retail. That's not what I paid. But if I breed them I would let them go for cheap. Maybe that price for 2, prob cheaper than that depending on how involved it it is.

Lol, later tonight. It's a "busy" nano. Almost too much stuff.

I was told about $130-$150 each retail. That's not what I paid. But if I breed them I would let them go for cheap. Maybe that price for 2, prob cheaper than that depending on how involved it it is.

Well if u breed I will certainly take one haha. Awesome price for an awesome fish!

GrandeGixxer

There is a lot involved in breeding, do some reading up. It is pretty interesting for sure. Those are a beautiful pair for sure! How do you like the skimmate slimmer?

Wow, your Nuvo is amazing. You went all out, especially with the IM skimmer and spin streams. My nuvo 16 is just getting started. Let me know how that skimmer works, Im planning on getting one in the future.

And seriously man, get a FTS ASAP! lol

There is a lot involved in breeding, do some reading up. It is pretty interesting for sure. Those are a beautiful pair for sure! How do you like the skimmate slimmer?

Thanks! The skimmer is still new. Out of the box I had to make a slight modification to the intake nozzle on the pump.. other than that it seems ok at the moment. Still not tuned in just yet. It's a tight fit for sure, but then again, my whole tank is a tight fit..

I've outgrown it livestock wise in 5 months.. =)

Wow, your Nuvo is amazing. You went all out, especially with the IM skimmer and spin streams. My nuvo 16 is just getting started. Let me know how that skimmer works, Im planning on getting one in the future.

And seriously man, get a FTS ASAP! lol

working on it! Thanks!

When I bought the tank I bought the two 6 lb rocks on either side. Fiji at $7 a lb without giving it ANY thought. I got home and set everything up and then several months later it dawned on me that in all my preparation the scape slipped my mind. The center column was my attempt to break up the symmetry of the scape, and in turn it just added to the cluster. Lol. It's ok, but the scape is going to be thought out way ahead of time on my next tank. Which hopefully is sooner than later. I love the nano, but I've quickly outgrown it. I will keep it as a nem/clown only tank once I get my shallow cube.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived