Cultivated Reef

Fluval Spec V - My First Nano/Pico

icedearth15324

icedearth15324

What kind of light do you have going on here...??? I'm going to be making my own arm soon, and am looking into various LED options to mount onto it. Thanks

My LFS sells pre-made LED strips that are water resistant. They are a 9w LED system of 50/50 blue/white. I might upgrade to a single white strip, and a single blue strip.

I would say they are very close to these:

http://www.marinedepot.com/Ecoxotic_Panorama_Pro_2.0_LED_Module_Linkable_LED_Light_Fixtures-Ecoxotic-XX08225-FILTFILDLK-vi.html

They definitely look nice, just not sure if they are giving off enough light for my torch. Everything else is thriving and growing though.

I'm so jealous.. I've been wanting the 5 gallon spec since before they came out. With more and more people posting pics it's making me want one that much more. Tank looks great! I really like the rockwork and light bar. Look forward to seeing your progress and hopefully one day i'll have one of my own to post.

I'm so jealous.. I've been wanting the 5 gallon spec since before they came out. With more and more people posting pics it's making me want one that much more. Tank looks great! I really like the rockwork and light bar. Look forward to seeing your progress and hopefully one day i'll have one of my own to post.

Keep your eyes posted for deals, I picked up 2 Spec V's on Black Friday for $49.99 each at Petsmart.

icedearth15324

Keep your eyes posted for deals, I picked up 2 Spec V's on Black Friday for $49.99 each at Petsmart.

That's the same day I bought my Spec V, also at petsmart.

icedearth15324

I picked up a hammer coral frag from a new store I just discovered.

Current FTS:

post-78101-0-19757300-1358904797_thumb.jpg

Now unless I find some cool mushrooms or zoas, I'm gonna let things grow.

I have a 12 gallon JBJ nanocube coming into my hands soon so everything will eventually be moving into there.

icedearth15324

A few quick updates.

I went to a local reef club meeting on saturday, and I got some new stuff.

First, I won a Red Goniopora in a raffle, and so far it is looking great.

post-78101-0-57044500-1359514580_thumb.jpg

I also picked up a Maxima Clam, and an acan frag. And with my purchases I got a ORA Cleaner Goby. Such a tiny little guy.

And as a sad moment, my maxi-mini died the other day. Not sure why, everything is testing good, but these things just happen I guess.

Here's an up-to-date FTS.

post-78101-0-84618700-1359514576_thumb.jpg

And now the fun part, I've been slowly building up the equipment needed to set up my 12 gallon nano cube, so that's my next big project.

• 1 month later...

Every have any problems/concerns with the Maxi-Mini and your Clowns...???

I'm tempted to buy a Maxi-Mini, but I'm concerned about my two Clowns or the Rainford's Goby, that I have waiting for me at my LFS getting stuck to it and being eaten.

Lets see the clam !!! Also dont go crazy trying to feed that goniopora. The red ones do fine without supplemental feeding. Mine started as frags and are now colonies, without direct feeding. Other colors are usually harder to keep, but the red ones are easiest as far as goinioporas go.

icedearth15324

My maxi-mini actually ended up dying on me, don't know why. But I had no issues when I had it.

And just so everyone knows, my fluval spec has been replaced with a 12 gallon nano cube.

Here's the link: http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/319994-the-addiction/?p=4225566

Lets see the clam !!! Also dont go crazy trying to feed that goniopora. The red ones do fine without supplemental feeding. Mine started as frags and are now colonies, without direct feeding. Other colors are usually harder to keep, but the red ones are easiest as far as goinioporas go.

There's a close up of my Deresa in there. And I only feed my Goniopora when I feed my whole tank, I don't do any special supplemental feeding for it.

Archived