Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Bob's 7.5G Long, the re-boot

coachfraley

coachfraley

Glad to hear - I have the same camera and I was hoping it would be suitable for shooting my tank once I get a new lens. (I got sand in the stock lens on a climbing trip and it's cooked.) I'm going to look into a moderately priced macro lens for it.

You have some really nice pics in the thread.

Thanks! I'm sure you will like the camera. I just set it on no flash mode and click away...nothing complicated.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
coachfraley

I ordered a moonlight from R2 solutions. Should come in today some time. I will post a pic of the install if I can. I am hoping to liven up the night time viewing.

• 2 weeks later...
coachfraley

3 new zoas, no idea on the names, but I got good pics of two of them. Take a look...it don't cost nothin.

These are super bright in person:

brightones.jpg

yellows.jpg

Some blue shrooms that I was given. Doing well in the sand.

blueshrooms.jpg

I really like this pic:

hello.jpg

FlowerMama

Love that pic w/ your tailspot!. I think it's funny their head can hide behind a hermit shell and they think you can't see them- they give you that look, that eye. I have freshwater otherwise but I am super attached to my tailspot Slim. They're so funny, love it. The color you're getting is amazing in your photograph.

coachfraley

I think the golden semi bleached ones are Golden Empires/Mauls.

Yeah, I'm not sure what they are, and my LFS had no idea, but I'm really interested to see how these varieties look in a month or so.

Look how much these zoas have changed in my tank...

This is how they looked when I got them:

coolzoas.jpg

This is them now...I liked them better before, lol

ringoffires.jpg

coachfraley

Changed my Purigen. I'm considering making a livestock change. My female clown is getting pretty big and I think I need to trade her for something more reasonable. They have some yellow clown gobies at my LFS, I'll probably pull the trigger this week.

• 1 month later...

Awesome! I wish I could fit a tailspot in mine. One clown is already more than enough in my spec v. Love the zoas too. I bought a few frags and then my chain got yanked :(

• 3 months later...

Its been a long time, but here is an update. The tank has been doing fairly well, although I went through some cyano issues and I also have some bubble algae clusters in the tank. I had great success turning my 3g into a bare bottom, so I decided to do the same to this tank. Here are some pics...they were all taken less than an hour after the redo. The water is still a little cloudy.

Before:

7gfts16.jpg

After:

7gfts17.jpg

Top Shot:

longshotofsetup.jpg

Zoa Shots:

greenzoasbigskirts.jpg

oldstandbys.jpg

radioactivemix.jpg

coolzoas1.jpg

lnglostsurfer

Wow, almost forgot about this tank. Looking fantastic! I love how all of the zoas are really growing in naturally and filling things out. Any other plans for now? Or just gradually letting it grow?

The bare bottom looks great with this setup too!

Wow, almost forgot about this tank. Looking fantastic! I love how all of the zoas are really growing in naturally and filling things out. Any other plans for now? Or just gradually letting it grow?

The bare bottom looks great with this setup too!

Thanks for the compliment. My plan is to move some things around and let things grow out. I might add another zoa variety if I can get a hold of something nice. I want to move my darth mauls down in the tank, they haven't grown at all in their current location.

They aren't visible in the pics, but I also have some cool st. thomas mushrooms that are super tiny. As far as livestock, I need to add a couple of cerith snails.

Tank is doing really well since the redo. I picked up a frag of montipora confusa. Here are some pics...

Confusa:

confusafrag1.jpg

A good pic of my clown:

teardropclown.jpg

Random pics:

zoamix.jpg

blennypic.jpg

eagleeyes2.jpg

noideazoas.jpg

mithrax.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thank looks awesome! The bright orange zoas will be such a cool contrast with the other colors you have in there! Keep the updates coming.

VERY nice...looking to start a zoa garden in my next mixed tank. You've gotten impressive growth and a nice mix of colors.

Will be following along...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived