Top Shelf Aquatics

Bob's 7.5G Long, the re-boot

coachfraley

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MP10 wetside came in the mail today. I got it all set up. It is running on the lowest setting right now, I will ramp it up slowly and try to get it where my zoas like it.

I also added a black background. I will take some pics this weekend.

Made a livestock change today. They had baby teardrop O. clowns at my LFS today. The O. clown I had was a little bigger than I wanted, so I traded him in for the teardrop. I only had to pay $3 difference. Should really help my tank in the long run. I am sure this clown will eat a quarter of the food the other one was going through. Pics coming soon.

A reefer friend of mine gave me a bunch of stuff last night. Most of it needs some TLC.

Some tubbs blues that are really stretched out, from their placement in the old tank:

tubbs.jpg

Unknown cool zoas:

coolzoas.jpg

Bleached Rics:

bleachedrics.jpg

Bleached Eagle Eyes:

bleachedeagles.jpg

FTS:

7gfts06.jpg

So one of my rocks started sprouting a bunch of Neomeris annulata. I decided to remove the rock, before my tank turned into this.

Got the new rock in tonight. The tubbs blue frag looks MUCH better. The elongated stalks have contracted and I think it looks pretty nice now. I have a pair of little clowns in the tank now. I know it is a little much for a tank this small, but they are actually eating a lot less than my one large clown was eating. Here is a FTS...

7gfts07.jpg

• Like 1

Looking good. Also, that's pretty cool with that algae, but I understand you wanting to get rid of it. Isn't it pretty rare?

Glad to hear the tubs blues are doing better. I recently got a frag myself and I love them. They're probably my favorite color morph at the moment.

From what I read, it is starting to get more common. Some people like the way it looks and actually try to grow it. Some people try to grow it and fail. Some people don't like it, and are totally unable to get rid of it (as in the link above). In a tank as small as mine, I really didn't want to take the chance. It started with one little stalk, and all of a sudden there were about 15-20 on the one piece of rock. Hopefully ditching that one piece will do the trick.

Look at the difference in the tubbs blues after one week:

1/20/12

tubbs.jpg

1/27/13

tubbs1.jpg

New clowns. The male is a teardrop:

newclowns.jpg

I also picked up a single polyp of red hornet today, but it looks really pissed off. Hopefully it makes it.

Moved a couple of things around. Also picked up some jokers, green dragon eyes, and some eagle eyes that weren't bleached out.

Finally got a good pic of my flaming suns. Probably my best zoa. You can see my blue-green stag frag in the upper left:

flamingsuns.jpg

New Dragon Eye Frag, shortly after added to the tank:

dragoneyes.jpg

New FTS. I moved the ring of fires. My red hornet single is on the little rock in the sand, dead center.

7gfts08.jpg

My female clown...she ain't too pretty, lol:

7gfemaleclown.jpg

Thanks for looking in!

Ok...I'm full. I have 12 varieties of zoas now. Pretty much out of room. Now I just have to let everything grow out.

Mean greens, or maybe neon greens. Always one of my favorites:

neongreens.jpg

Eagle eyes I picked up yesterday:

neweagleeyes.jpg

Jokers in the lower left:

jokers.jpg

Ok, here is the FTS with everything in place. Now I just need to sit back and resist the urge to get more corals! Growth has been slow, but I have noticed a couple new polyps appearing. My par38 light should be on its way soon. I am really hoping that it will boost my growth significantly. Here are some pics:

FTS with all 12 zoas:

7gfts09.jpg

Left side close up:

7gleft.jpg

Right side close up:

7gright.jpg

Another tailspot shot:

tailspot1.jpg

So I have a full hob fuge rig...ac70, intank media tray, and nano glo fuge light. The rig is sitting in storage right now. I guess I should bust it out to use on this tank

When my new light comes in, I'll probably set it up

Jackal_Knight

great job the tanks looks great i like your aquascape. i have the same tank no one on here really has this tank every one go with the cube.

Jackal_Knight

That's what i was wondering too. i haven't set mine up yet im upgrading from my 3 gallon but i might give it to my brother and get the mr.aqua 11.4 gallon. i know there more popular as planted tanks thats what my brother wants to do with it.

First you have an MP10 "just sitting in the box", now an AC70/InTank basket/nanoglow combo "taking up space". What the hell, man? Does your garage open into some weird lost-and-found dimension of desirable reefing hardware? ;)

You're not out of space, yet... that empty top/right side of the back's devoid of a frag-mag or two...

Love the simple softie/LPS tank! Those are some nice stocking choices.

First you have an MP10 "just sitting in the box", now an AC70/InTank basket/nanoglow combo "taking up space". What the hell, man? Does your garage open into some weird lost-and-found dimension of desirable reefing hardware? ;)

You're not out of space, yet... that empty top/right side of the back's devoid of a frag-mag or two...

Love the simple softie/LPS tank! Those are some nice stocking choices.

Lol, I have a lot left over from downsizing my bigger tanks.

Thanks for the compliment. I have actually thought about frag-magging some sps. I will look in my garage for some frag mags, lol.

Archived