ReefCleaners.org

Polarcollision's Nuvo 8 & Temperate 6

Polarcollision

Polarcollision

Hey. Any pics of the locline set up??

Sorry -- just saw this. You know, the 1/4" loc-line is almost impossible to snap together without the tool! I even had one of the strong arms at the office try to snap them together with no go. The pieces will slip into the same opening as stock return, so that part at least is good. I'll update if I ever find a way to force them together or break down and buy that expensive tool.

Cute cat. Nice looking pico.

Thanks! I can't find your thread to take a peek - link?

And how are Namara and Jasper, and your tank?

They both helped me move the aquarium off the counter and to it's new home on the stand last night. OK, maybe 'help' is a very strong word here! :-) How is your little one?

I would think you could put the lock line togher with an arbor press. Or maybe even a modified ratching hand clamp. The trick would be keep it square so you don't go launching it across the room.

Reefkeeper lite arrived today!

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! You woulda been SOOO much more happy with an Apex.

Tank is looking good though. I recognize a few of those corals. :D

Polarcollision

I would think you could put the lock line togher with an arbor press. Or maybe even a modified ratching hand clamp. The trick would be keep it square so you don't go launching it across the room.

Ha! New shots game?

Now where were you when I was trying to decide what to get? ;) So far I'm just happy to not be a slave to dosing anymore. Fruit loops made another baby last night - up to 9 now. The pink and yellow are up to 5 and the AOG is just sitting there picking it's nose and looking pretty.

• Like 1

Ha! New shots game?

Now where were you when I was trying to decide what to get? ;) So far I'm just happy to not be a slave to dosing anymore. Fruit loops made another baby last night - up to 9 now. The pink and yellow are up to 5 and the AOG is just sitting there picking it's nose and looking pretty.

haha I know. I searched on the differences for atleast 2 weeks. So happy with my Apex.

My Loops started opening yesterday after almost 2 weeks being closed. Not all the way open but slowly.

Polarcollision

P.S. - I think a lightbulb went off last night that my montis could be bleaching/stressing from too much light so I lowered the light intensity to 23, 35, 35 and down to 8 hours to see what happens. Might want to ignore my post from a bit ago.

Ha! New shots game?

That is going to end badly I can already tell. No lock line finished and every one plastered. *Next morning* "how on earth did we manage to get embeded in the ceiling?"

I think you already said but where did you find that size of lockline?

• Like 1

They both helped me move the aquarium off the counter and to it's new home on the stand last night. OK, maybe 'help' is a very strong word here! :-) How is your little one?

Bogi, the not so little cat, is doing alright. He has a blanket to sleep on in every nook and cranny of the apartment. Really.

Polarcollision

Need moar pics!!!!!!!

Truly! Going to my first frag swap tomorrow! So excited!!!!

Pics are all on the DSLR and I'm feeling super lazy. Wanna process them for me??

Truly! Going to my first frag swap tomorrow! So excited!!!!

Pics are all on the DSLR and I'm feeling super lazy. Wanna process them for me??

What did you get? I picked up $180 worth of Zoas from Zoanthids.com. I was glad to hear he was coming and had him bring me a few zoas. Only other person I bought from was Natalia. haha. Place was WAYYY too crowded so we left by 1030.

Polarcollision

What did you get? I picked up $180 worth of Zoas from Zoanthids.com. I was glad to hear he was coming and had him bring me a few zoas. Only other person I bought from was Natalia. haha. Place was WAYYY too crowded so we left by 1030.

Got the strawberry lemonade millepora I've been drooling over, king midas, another yellow zoa, tubbs blue, some green speckled black one with green skirt and orange mouth, my clementines, another that looks like my clementines but with a lighter blue ring, a pink-red-teal acan, purple rhodactus, radioactive zoa, a yellow blob sponge. Earlier this week, I got the green spongodes, a duncan, and a lettuce nudibranch to eat the algae that's about to start growing from all the food I'm dumping in the tank. All together, I walked away with a little over $200. Pretty sweet! The only thing I want now is the orange setosa, but I'm full. Time to grow out.

Oh, and Tim figured out how fun it is to keep aquariums, so he just set up a temperate tank. Looks great with all the little red and green pebbles we've collected on ocean beach walks. He got clean-up crew from Coldwater Marine: brittle stars, snails and a decorator crab. Washington won't let anyone collect ever since they went bankrupt and can't afford to survey species populations. But Oregon will allow each person to collect 10 creatures from some tide pools, so we're taking a trip south soon. Pretty sweet little tank so far!

I have a cold and can't breath/sleep, so I processed a bunch of photos:

This little green clown goby (who is actually blue) disappeared for a week. Thought it was a gonner, but it just reappeared one day and is an enthusiastic little eater. Named him Scarface to balance out the oh-so-original Nemo.

DPP07DD0211013A09_zps5bf8a9a4.jpg

Lettuce nudibranch cleaning algae off a snail

DPP07DD0211011014_zps5a48c559.jpg

Two of the newer additions: branching duncan and green spongodes

DPP07DD0211010B49_zps4c9bd9c7.jpg

Pink bird

DPP07DD0211011731_zps45f235be.jpg

The softie and macro section: dragon breath, red branching, purple sponge, papaya cloves, GSP, my clementines, my miami chalice, cocoa worm, purple whip gorg, and some more zoas in the BG

DPP07DD0211011C46_zps528c6efa.jpg

Some of the acan garden

DPP07DD0211012051_zpse710bb16.jpg

Sunny D before it had babies

DPP07DD0211012A02_zpsced1f9c9.jpg

UFOs, i think

DPP07DD0211020905_zps61925122.jpg

Pink & gold, dragon eyes

DPP07DD0211020C15_zps84898eb2.jpg

Space monster, BBEB, AOG, purple something or other, blurry red hornet and sad sunny Ds

DPP07DD0211020F43_zps762559e2.jpg

Blurry chongs bongs

DPP07DD0211021257_zps5b2edfb2.jpg

Some of the single-celled critters

DPP07DD0211012E05_zps1d764a60.jpg

FTS from 12/20

DPP07DD0211013258_zpscdefefa6.jpg

FTS from 1/27

DPP07DD0211020310_zps160996af.jpg

• Like 3
Polarcollision

You got Clementine zoas?! GIMME! Have any pics?

2 polyps popping a baby. Give it a few weeks to make a few more and I'll make a frag. 5th pic above, bottom right.

:bowdown:

That's sweet, but it's still me bowing to your tank.

• Like 1

2 polyps popping a baby. Give it a few weeks to make a few more and I'll make a frag. 5th pic above, bottom right.

Deal. I'll trade you some Mandarins or something. I'm sure I have something you want/need. haha