ReefCleaners.org

damsels

saf51

I have just started my 20g nano and already had 5 assorted damsels in it b4 I decided to do a nano. Are damesls safe to have in a nano? I have also heard that they can be aggressive towards other speices? are there any other species that would be compatible with damsels or would I do better to try and take them back? i know that i definently want tomato clowns in the future. THanks

Steven

miller_time

IMO, i started out my 28 gallon reef with 5 damsels and later turned out that they are the meanest damn fish for their size. I ended tearing down all my live rock just to get em out of my tank. I would consider other fish to start out in your tank, the key here is long term fish, and damsels, pound for pound are just too mean for my taste. I started out with a single fish, a flame angel and he is still the pride of my tank.

Damsels are mean, i got a domino damsel that killed a couple of my fish. Just to say hard time taking rocks out, catching them, and rebuilding rock work.

I will put a clown in today with my black tail damsel. I have seen one black tail damsel with a group of clowns doing okay. I am not sure wha will happen because there will be only one damsel, and a percula clown. Althought this may be a bad idea, and could result in a dead clown, i am going for it.

Archived