Innovative Marine Aquariums

Colorful, active, fast swimming nano fish like 6-line?

duganderson

I'm looking for a colorful, reef safe, active, fast swimmer like a 6-line wrasse but NOT aggressive to other fish. I'm looking for something that cruises the tank like a 6-line.

I have a 28 g. nano cube with 2 small oc. clowns, 1 red firefish, and a small tailspot Blenny. I have a bunch of softies, a few macros, 2 RBTA and 1 frogspawn.

I've thought of a "pink-streaked wrasse" but I hoping for something a little more colorful and bright.

Cherub Angelfish. Not 100% reef safe but pretty darn close. I love mine. Unless u cherish your corals more than anything else and not willing to take a tiny, minuscule risk of him nipping at one, it should be good.

There are quite a few, but usually far and few between and expensive. Sometimes very expensive, like the 5000 dollar soap fish they had on live aquaria.

I know it doesnt have much of a pattern, but Reds are pretty unusual for a small fish and if kept with peaceful tankmatea I hear they can be active; how about a Pygmy wrasse?

How about a Striped blenny, or indigo dotty back. Both are captive bred by Ora and are peaceful fish. Plus as the last addition it won't cause any trouble.

I know it doesnt have much of a pattern, but Reds are pretty unusual for a small fish and if kept with peaceful tankmatea I hear they can be active; how about a Pygmy wrasse?

What are "Reds"......Red Spotted Goby or something else? ...........Do they tend to swim in the open water of the tank or just hang tight to the rocks?

Are Pypmy Wrasses active, open water swimmers?

I was just referring to the color of a tanaka Pygmy wrasse. Usually you would find a completely red fish that's huge... According to live aquaria a Pygmy wrasse would be happy in a 10 gallon.

They are open swimmers, but are extremely shy.

Archived