ReefCleaners.org

Mangrove Forest-time to say goodbye

Giga

Is that the wall under where your tank is going in the basment or is it the wall in your first post that you cut? also http://www.familyhandyman.com/DIY-Projects/Electrical/Outlet/add-an-electrical-outlet/View-All]http://www.familyhandyman.com/DIY-Projects...outlet/View-All[/url] If that is the wall under in the basement i would, add outlet, then put the sump, frag tank, fugue etc in the basement with an awesome return pump, lots of room to work+no mess

No this room is in the finished garage, the person who I bought this house from used it as a sounds room and it has 2 20 amp circuits just for the room. Ill be adding some gfci's for the room though. Doh my picture is gone for my name silly site upgrade

Edited by Giga
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok so time for an update-sorry for the such a long wait but looks like I have crazy awsome news!!!

I"M GOING TO BE A FATHER!!!!!! :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Me and my wife are going to have our first child-so on top of everything I'm going to be a dad. I'm cray nervous and excited at the same time :D So i've been real busy getting our baby room ready n such and all the other things I need to do, anyway I did manage to get some tank stuff done-only took a couple pics but it's coming a long nicely

tore the wall out and reframed it and redid the electrical-still have to install GFCI's though. Sorry for the cellphone pic but it was when I was finishing up with the last of the studs

20121224163048.jpg

Santa was good to me-no-more-hand-sawing-thinking-I-have-a-straight-cut-only-to-find-it-angled

20121228161332.jpg

Tank building soon to follow

20121228161308.jpg

I use to do this in my living room :rolleyes:

20121224163037.jpg

my helper decided to quit on me :P

20121216230808.jpg

• Like 4

OMG Giga - congratulations! That's wonderful news!!! Hope Mrs. Giga has an easy time of it all. :)

thank you she been doing great so far! The babies birthdate is June 8th and we find out if it's a girl or boy the 20th of the month!(Hope it's a boy)

• 1 month later...

Glad to see tank still making progress, looks good. Also alittle late but congrats on being a dad.

Thank you and thank you! lots of work comming this was for this tank

That is a floating plane, I do this for all the tanks I build. I got the idea from Elos-it gives the tank a crazy strong bottom and gives two planes of adhesion for the silicone. Elos charges a stupid amount of money for glass and silicone so I figured I do the same thing for 1/10 the cost. This is my 7th tank i've built and I've never had a leak-ever.

• Like 2
Mr. Microscope

Awesome! Thanks for the heads-up on that. I'm planning some tank building myself. Will have to try that.

BTW, floating pane? Two pieces stuck together or are there some spacers in between?

• 3 weeks later...

Pictures!!!!So this has become a vivarium/paludarium/reef project as I'm getting rid of my dart frog viv in lou of my daughter being born this June. It's now 748 gallons and completly re worked, lol.There will still be a full blow mangrove reef but with a huge land area too that will be occupied by these guys-this is just a few of them that I have and I have a few being shipped in from Indonisian this summer.

My biggest crab-Coenobita brevimanus

20130317160341.jpg
20130317160405.jpg
20130317160424.jpg

Coenobita clypeatus

20130301175943.jpg
201303011759501.jpg
201303011759591.jpg

Coenobita compressus

20130301180047.jpg

Made some major work on the tank too
Plywood anyone?
20130309154116.jpg

Installed an rodi unit
20130317160747.jpg
20130317160737.jpg
20130317160757.jpg

everything
20130317160456.jpg

• Like 7

I'm tyring to get as much done before the baby so there should be plenty of updates! Yeah some of my hermit I had for 6 years now and that big guy in the first pic I got last summer from Indonisia. I'm now trying to think of cool fish for the tank which is 80 gallons- which I'll be building the tank this weekend, or a crib, or swing, or changing table, or a cabinet, or baby safeing things or............

These are land hermit crabs, so I really won't be getting any special hermit for the reef part of this tank other then the standard cuc. Eels might be cool but nothing larg e nought to crab a hermit as these guys have a lot of sentiment for me, so like a ribbon eel or something