Coral Vue Hydros

Maxspect Marazza-P vs Razor

Josh125

I've landed on switching my Kessil out for a Maxspect unit. My issue is I have a Manta Ray 18" cube so my tank doesn't lend itself to a Razor unit easily. I can't find much info that might detail the difference between the Marazza P and the Razor unit. Is anyone versed in the differences that might be able to help? The spec pages for both appear to be identical on their webpage.

If I can find an elegant way to use the 20" Razor I would but I don't know how (wife said no way to ceiling hanging). I realize there are a few light hanging kits that mount to the stand but I have an issue there. My stand is a Solana stand so the 1 1/2" lip is is all the way around so I don't think that will work either.

Thanks for the help, have a good Turkey Day!

I'm pretty sure the Mazarra uses older LEDs, costs way more, has more channels/wireless control, thicker and covers a smaller area/has less leds. I would go for the Razor but mounting it would be really hard (If not hanging)

Thanks. Well, that sucks :D

I guess I need to start figuring out how to hang it. I didn't mention we have tall ceilings, around 15' if I recall correctly so I tend to agree with the wife hanging it from the ceiling would look out of place.

The only thing I can come up with it adding wood to the back of the tank to make it flush with the lip so the tank stand hanger would work. That would be challenging though. I wish those brackets were adjustable outwards to overcome the lip issue.

I bought Razor and CurrentUSA hanging kit. I didn't get it yet but I plan to attach it to the back of the stand as my stand has no lip. In your case maybe a small bracket attached to the wall behind the tank? Maybe a shelve on the wall and Razor under it?

I bought Razor and CurrentUSA hanging kit. I didn't get it yet but I plan to attach it to the back of the stand as my stand has no lip. In your case maybe a small bracket attached to the wall behind the tank? Maybe a shelve on the wall and Razor under it?

I've figured it out, took my slow self a bit of time though. I'm going to stain two short lengths of a 2x4 with expresso stain to match my stand and then screw it to the back of my stand. This will clear the lip so life is good again I believe. My only question left is the ability of the current usa or aquatic life's arms to swivel out a bit, so allowing for a bit wider hanging if that makes any sense. I'm sure the aquatic life can or think so anyway. The reason is my brackets will be 18" apart and the fixture is ~20" so I need a bit of play. I know you can swing them in so I assume the same outwards.

I don't have the fixture yet but I believe the distance between the screws the wires are attached to is around 18".

Great, thanks. I've been trying to eyeball from pictures on the web. Sounds everything should work then.

Archived