Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Mini Monster 38

BusterDB

Yep I saw that. That's one less cable hooked up for your Nano if you decide to get it. I will prob pick one up when Director comes out. Then I can control both the vega and nano from my laptop. If you just have one light, I'm not sure the wireless adapter is worth the money. Since you already have to run a power cord, whats one more wire attached to the controller going to matter?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 4

Actually, the controller doesn't need to be hooked on to the power cord. It can be directedly plugged into the ai nano unit alone and still be on to function to the needs. I tried it and was a bit surprised hahaha. So, if I get the wireless adapter....you're right, it would be useless hahahah!!! Guess I won't be getting it then LOL. Thanks for refreshing my head.

What's your lighting schedule on the ai nano sol over the 10g?

Sorry I've been out of town. I'll post my Nano light schedule later tonight when I get a minute. I believe it's still set up with the schedule I set when I had it over the BC14. More than likely I will have to adjust a bit for the new 15g setup. On a side note, I did add a MJ900 for some flow and it looks ridiculously huge in a 15g. Might have to look for a smaller power head for this new tank. I should also build a separate thread for this new tank so I don't confuse anyone... I get on that. :happy:

• Like 1
Deleted User 4

Sorry I've been out of town. I'll post my Nano light schedule later tonight when I get a minute. I believe it's still set up with the schedule I set when I had it over the BC14. More than likely I will have to adjust a bit for the new 15g setup. On a side note, I did add a MJ900 for some flow and it looks ridiculously huge in a 15g. Might have to look for a smaller power head for this new tank. I should also build a separate thread for this new tank so I don't confuse anyone... I get on that. :happy:

What kind of tank is it??? 15g......Hmm.

Mr. Microscope

D768D7A8-0874-422D-B539-07294A427F29-142

You might want to move that satosa. Those two are a little too close. That acro will eat it for dinner sooner or later.

What kind of tank is it??? 15g......Hmm.

Nothing fancy just a standard 15g 24x12x18 I believe. An MJ900 is prob way overkill but I needed something as the water was seriously lacking movement. I really want another MP10 but it would be hard not hook it up on the IM38 as a second PH.

You might want to move that satosa. Those two are a little too close. That acro will eat it for dinner sooner or later.

Thanks. I prob should have moved that before I took that pic. It's definitely not staying there, I just ran out of room on my frag rack. Thanks for reposting that pic...it looks like s$$t! ;) lol

Mr. Microscope

Thanks. I prob should have moved that before I took that pic. It's definitely not staying there, I just ran out of room on my frag rack. Thanks for reposting that pic...it looks like s$$t! ;) lol

Ah, I've been there. That spot on the left around the rock corner looks like a good spot for it. Though, I've found satosas maintain color pretty well under lower lighting as well. So, you could probably put it lower if you're running out of room or want to save space on your top rocks for more demanding SPS.

Ah, I've been there. That spot on the left around the rock corner looks like a good spot for it. Though, I've found satosas maintain color pretty well under lower lighting as well. So, you could probably put it lower if you're running out of room or want to save space on your top rocks for more demanding SPS.

Very true. I found this out by accident this past week. Took the fam out of town for a few days over New Years. Upon return, the Setosa was nowhere to be found. After a closer look I discovered it top down and wedged between the rocks. When I reached in to pull it up I expected to see a dead or severely stressed setosa, but I found the exact opposite. Not only were the polyps out the color was better then when i left.

Kind of a cool shot I took last night....

Hungry Acans

HungryAcans_zpsd4010a54.jpg

Thank you. Nope didn't do anything to alter the picture. Just uploaded from photobucket. Didn't notice that until you said something... That acan is almost the same color as the one directly to the left and its feeder tentacles are clear, so I'm not sure. I'll have to look when I get home. Maybe its the lighting, looks kinda cool though.

Looking good! I love checking back to this thread/your tank. Love the Acans. Once I get a larger tank, I'll be sure to have a nice Acan garden. My Nuvo8 is limited in a way....

Looking good! I love checking back to this thread/your tank. Love the Acans. Once I get a larger tank, I'll be sure to have a nice Acan garden. My Nuvo8 is limited in a way....

^ Always appreciated :D I'll be waiting to see your acan garden once you start growing.

Acans have done really well in my tank. I won three eBay auctions back in late August from Austin Aqua and got some great deals. Hard to believe the blue/ green colony on the left (picture in post #62) started from this...

IMG_2112_zpsed086004.jpg

Did a WC and another H2O2 treatment today. Went pretty heavy on the H2O2. Brought down the water level and applied a good amount to some of the lower rocks that are encrusted with coral. Turf algae is a royal pain in the a$$! Hope to get this stuff eradicated soon.

Since the BCS title game is a bust, I guess I'll throw up a random pic of my mystery and clown.

DSC00320_zps10b8c43d.jpg

Looks good and what's turf algae? Red slime algae or hair algae?? Hmmm

Not really like slime or hair algae. Its a short red bristly algae that starts out as a vine and creeps up over rock and coral. Over time thick patches begin to form and are nearly impossible to manually remove. The worst part about this algae is that it thrives in high light, high flow and clean water... basically everything essential for a successful reef. So most traditional methods for eradicating nuisance algae go out the window.

I have found that tuxedo urchins and mexican turbo snails will feast on this algae. I just picked up a second tuxedo and added two more mexicans today from my LFS. Hopefully this tailor made turf algae crew will begin to curb this crap.

Here is pic before I treated this rock with peroxide.

DSC00047-Version2_zps24f49616.jpg

Archived