Innovative Marine Aquariums

Veng's 20L - Black Friday Madness!

Veng

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol, honestly, despite taking me about 8 hours all together, I'm still very happy with it. I'm also happy that I can make changes very easily if I decide to change something. I also spent less on it than a SOL.

Ok so... I'm now 0/2 on 10 gallon drilling attempts. /sigh.... Guess it's going to be one of the days. I'll pick up another one tomorrow and do it differently. I made two different mistakes on each ugh.

On the plus side, I'm really happy with how the 20L turned out.

They sent you candy?

Yep they send you candy. Isn't that awesome?

Ok, so evidently I bought the last 10 gallon from the local petco so I had to go one over. I got the tank and came back, but I'm not going to mess with it anymore tonight. I'll screw with it tomorrow.

Ok, so I fixed the light, here's after the fix:

20121210_211447_zpsfdb561c3.jpg

And for comparison:

IMG_8344.jpg

It was after lights out, so some of it has already started closing, I'll get a new pic tomorrow.

• Like 1

So, more of me playing with light dimming. Let me know what you think and which you like:

IMG_8359_zps9e9259bd.jpg

IMG_8360_zps43cc7fec.jpg

IMG_8361_zpsb55bb001.jpg

IMG_8363_zps43161d03.jpg

IMG_8364_zps18cc113f.jpg

And I've got this. I think it's a chalice, and I need an ID. It was originally a HH on the rock that's slowly grown some over time. Anyone have any ideas?

IMG_8367_zps389c3a7e.jpg

IMG_8367-001_zpscd13eb78.jpg

I like the 2nd or the 4th pictures. The colors seem right. Can't tell what kind of coral it is because it is so fluffeh! When it stops being hungry take another picture.

You're angry today? Vengeance? That is a good play on your screen name too.

I was angry last night when I cracked those two tanks, :lol: I dunno, I just wanted to be cool and have an aliterated topic like everyone else. Maybe I need to run a naming contest. I also have to get one of those fancy sig tank pictures!

Are you talking about the chalice being fluffeh or the christmas favia? The chalice like thing is actually pretty flat.

As for the colors, The first seems the most natural to me, with the third being obviously over blue (RB) saturdated, although I like the way the green glows in that pic. The second is a nice blend between the two though.

Yeah, they are such wonderful dogs. So loving and loyal its unbelieveable.

BTW:

You know how to tell who loves you more, your dog or your wife? Lock them both in your trunk for an hour and when you come back see which ones happy to see you! :lol:

Yeah, they are such wonderful dogs. So loving and loyal its unbelieveable.

BTW:

You know how to tell who loves you more, your dog or your wife? Lock them both in your trunk for an hour and when you come back see which ones happy to see you! :lol:

TOO FUNNY!

Mr. Microscope
And I've got this. I think it's a chalice, and I need an ID. It was originally a HH on the rock that's slowly grown some over time. Anyone have any ideas?

IMG_8367-001_zpscd13eb78.jpg

Any chance you can turn that rock 90 degrees so we can see the HH straight on? You might be right, but it's hard to tell from that angle. Is there a mouth on it?

Yes, the rock is moveable. I'll get a better picture when I start move things from tank to tank this weekend. There are 3 distinct "heads/polyps". Don't think there is a distinct mouth, never really grabbed it to take a great big look tbh.

So tank build update:

I successfully drilled the 10G tonight, phew! I got glass cut at lowes for the baffles, gluing them in now one at a time. The new pump came in and it's TINY, much smaller than I had pictured in my head. That's ok, I don't want a big pump, this is suppose to be a low flow fuge. I am leaving room so I can upsize it if needed, but for now it'll stay this sized. I'm sure some of the pico guys will be looking at that pump and wanting one, lol. The new power head came in as well so now I've got 2x 480s for this tank. I don't show it in the pic below, but I've got lock line for the return with a round nozzle. I think it'll take me two more days to make the sump, so all the silicon should be dry Friday, so it looks like everything gets wet on Friday! I need to start planning where I'm going to move all my corals!

Another FTS:

IMG_8378-002_zps47c0ccbe.jpg

With a repeat of the B&W Filter:

IMG_8378-001_zpsc6444141.jpg

And now on to the new stuff:

Tank with rock in place: Hopefully the bridge is tall enough to be a bridge after I add sand. If not I might pull it all and place some egg crate under it to raise a half inch or so.

And wow, that overflow just disappears right into the back of the tank. From that angle, you can hardly even tells it's there!

IMG_8379_zpsbd46afee.jpg

IMG_8382_zps09faa078.jpg

Here's the start of the sump siliconing after it's been drilled:

IMG_8375_zps1561af69.jpg

Here's the micro pump (Hydor Pico Evolution 600):

20121211_202348_zps28b184ee.jpg

It might be nice if the rocks met in the middle higher up, making a bigger tunnel for low light species like shrooms to hang out. ???

or not.

Archived