Top Shelf Aquatics

Veng's 20L - Black Friday Madness!

Veng

According to my tracking number, the stuff for my new light is all at home waiting for me. I think I'm going to go take off and get it and put it together tonight!

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 3
Yeah dogs and tile don't mix. There's actually a dent in my fridge from where my brother's golden learned he can't stop quickly on tile. :lol:

So I've got the stuff for a light all ordered. Guess I need to pick up rock and sand and stuff for the new tank soon. Maybe with cycling it can be ready by xmas. We'll see.

My three legged dog can walk across the linoleum :D *looks proud*.

Inventronics 40w 450mA. I didn't realize they had a 30v min voltage. Went wirh the 25w, .7A to replace them and willjust put a 4k resistor in front if the 10k pot to trim them down.

According to UPS, the new drivers will be delivered this afternoon, probably around lunch time. With a little luck I'll be able to finish putting this thing together tonight!

I need to go find a 4K resistor before I forget, lol.

Lol, really I just need to go into the lab at work, they'll probably have one there. If not I'll just drop by fry's at lunch. Either way not a huge deal.

I was hoping they'd have it delivered by lunch so I could pick it up on the lunch break but no such luck. I did find some 4K resistors here though, so I should be good to go on that front, just got to get the new drivers in this afternoon and put it all together!

I'll get more pics up tonight, I'll try to dig out a real camera to see if it has better color balance. I don't have a DSLR though... could borrow my moms possibly.

In any case, this light was built for a 20L and here's a sneak peak of what that might look like....

Tank_First_Pass_zps3e5bad29.png

• Like 1

More pic from this morning, stuff isn't fully open yet... Still playing with The color mixing. So many options on mixing, I'm glad I made it all dim-able. Different camera this time, so different color balance.

DSCF2359.jpg

DSCF2360.jpg

DSCF2361.jpg

They're closer to 40$ around here. I also placed about a 60$ order for pumps and power heads, and another 130$ for bulkheads, overflow boxes, hole saws, and plumbing. So about 250$ so far. Probably another 50$ by the time I'm done. ;)

They're closer to 40$ around here. I also placed about a 60$ order for pumps and power heads, and another 130$ for bulkheads, overflow boxes, hole saws, and plumbing. So about 250$ so far. Probably another 50$ by the time I'm done. ;)

Damn, mine was 24.95 and I was mad I couldn't get it for 1$ a gallon.

I think you can judge overall cost of the setup by counting how many $1 bills can fit in the tank.

• Like 1

Gah... I'm going crazy... I'm stuck at work and there's new tank at home waiting to be de-rimmed. I've ordered a bunch of stuff and it won't be here till next week so I'm browsing nano-reef like mad trying to make the time pass quicker but I think it's having the opposite effect.

Archived