Veng

Veng's 20L - Black Friday Madness!

Veng
Good luck to you, then. Most people can't keep them alive when they're in good condition, much less bad. :/

The story of my salt water life has been doing things that people tell me can't be done or are really hard. It's open and happy this morning, so we'll see. Never know till you try, right?

tailes
My tank is a great little one. It is a nano after all. But yes, it is paying for itself. I have sold twice as much coral as I have bought. And it is not even a year old yet. I still have a ways to go before the full value of the investment is recovered but this pace is great.

You know... It's occurred to me.. If we shell out the money for the new tank and DIY LEDs... Can't we re-do the lights on our 10 gallon and use it as a frag tank? Start selling that birdsnest back to the LFS? Maybe the zoa's that are multiplying like bunnies? *wink wink* We could at least start making something back...

:D

Smart Wife is Smart

Veng

Well... I just placed an order for the parts to a 20L light. Don't think I'm going to get the Apex yet, just the light. May end up hanging it turned down over the 10 for a little while, we'll see.

metrokat

I love it when y'all talk on the forum sitting next to each other at home. It's like my parents. I walk into their room in the mornings when I'm visiting, they're both on their iPads and their iPhones keep going ding bing ting as they send each other emails with a tray of tea between them in the sitting area. :rolleyes:

Veng

lol

I think tailes has a trip to NY soon for buisness. I should make her steal some frags while she's in town.

metrokat
lol

I think tailes has a trip to NY soon for buisness. I should make her steal some frags while she's in town.

:o:slap:

Veng

I could have said I was going to have her snatch your clam...

metrokat

:blink::lol:

My little clam has firmly attached herself to the rockwork. I even made Zeph try to pry her and he wouldnt.

Veng

Tailes laughed so hard when she read that. I think her purse is big enough to fit your rock work in though....

Edited by Veng
  • Like 1

metrokat

There shall be no napping of my clam! :angry:

Veng
Edited by Veng

tailes
There shall be no napping of my clam! :angry:

You mean *re-napping* of clam? ;) Nap it from the napper perhaps?

metrokat

Is that your puppy? :wub:

And his name is Max? :wub: :wub:

You mean *re-napping* of clam? ;) Nap it from the napper perhaps?

Well I had 2 clams, he napped one. And I have a replacement clam coming Tuesday. :huh:

Veng

Yeah, that's max. He's wonderful, isn't he?

metrokat

tailes
Yeah, that's max. He's wonderful, isn't he?

He is... when he isn't systematically destroying his stuffed animals and eating them. Don't leave your pizza unguarded either. Going upstairs? The pizza is gone. :angry:

But he's such a gentle-giant!! We brought him over to my parent's house on Thanksgiving and he played with my little sister's pug. I think when they first started playing, Max slapped the snot out of Joei. Then he toned it down and they had such fun! He mostly stood there and let Joei jump around and be twitchy like a little dog. :lol:

metrokat

Goldens are the best. Did he skid on the floor when he was a puppy turning corners?

tailes

We got him 'gently-used' last March when he was 5.5 years old. But yes. He does skid on the tile, turning and going in a straight line!!! LMAO! He has no understanding of how to brace himself on tile or even fake tile floor.

Edited by tailes

Veng

Yeah dogs and tile don't mix. There's actually a dent in my fridge from where my brother's golden learned he can't stop quickly on tile. :lol:

So I've got the stuff for a light all ordered. Guess I need to pick up rock and sand and stuff for the new tank soon. Maybe with cycling it can be ready by xmas. We'll see.

markalot

You can always move some selected rockwork from the current tank to speed the process. I had no cycle to speak of in my 20 by using rock rubble from my 40. I did get the uglies, starting on the second day, but never any measurable ammonia or nitrite.

I also brought over aptasia, some nuisance algae, a damn Kenya tree, and somehow a Mantis shrimp I did not know I had!

But hey, everything is great now...

Veng

Hehe, yeah I think I'm going to rebuild the rockwork from scratch and I'll use the new light over the 20 for now. Still haven't picked up the tank/sand/rock yet. Not sure when I'm going to find time to do that.

Veng

New FTS Blueberry on the right, feather lower left, he's tiny. Will get a close up later.

20121126_164702_zps2f01404f.jpg

jedimasterben

dat birdsnest.

Veng

It's just a bird's nest with some good growth on it... :lol:

Ok so looking back to when I first got it... so maybe there is more growth then I had realized...

FTS_zps67969901.jpg

Edited by Veng

Veng

I can't wait to get the stuff for the new light in.... it's killing me waiting!