inTank Media Baskets

Veganbrians wonderful plants

VeganBrian

Yea.. you're tellin me. I'm not a happy camper...

I got a shipment from them today, and it will also be my last. I was shocked that the lucky metalic that they picute as a large (about the size of a frag plug wound up being about the size of what you show in your picture.. Guess it's the same thing? Not very impressed with it. I've been stalking the site waiting for it to become available.. hope it grows out so I can offer some at better sizes and prices to fellow macro nuts.

I also got what they call red dragson, and a couple of other items. What they labeled as blue scroll is just a small triangle of brown.. I hope they will make it as the heat pack was dead and they where very cold.

I have an order in for a few items from GCE as well.. Did you get the medusa macro and the red one on that you posted pics of from ebay? I have the same exact ones, and the guy was really cool.. he's sent me a couple of messages seeing how they progressed because they arrived frozen.. offered to ship new ones, but I told him to hold off a couple of weeks to see if these make it.

I also picked up some stuff from reefcleaners ( the ulvo and the Gracilaria (ogo?) Much bigger potrions and a single HUGE clump of the Gracilaria Always good stuff from them.. even if they keep messing up on my porcelain crabs.. lol Last time they didn't send em.. this time they send 2 emeralds.. I'm destined to not own these crabs.. I'll have to get em local.

Nice looking tank.. Gorgonians are my next step.. I'm debating on tearing down the 10 and moving the stuff to a 20 long I have. Wife is already about to put a contract out on me.. lol

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm on the lookout for Pink galaxy, blue ochtodes, Lucky color shifting macro, Condium, and looking for some yellow macros. Anyone know some other cool macros i should be looking into?

I've got a ton of blue ochtodes right now that I'm trying to sell. I'm selling golf ball sized clumps for $15. Where are you located? I'm just worried about shipping if people are located somewhere cold. PM me if you're interested.

I got a shipment from them today, and it will also be my last. I was shocked that the lucky metalic that they picute as a large (about the size of a frag plug wound up being about the size of what you show in your picture.. Guess it's the same thing? Not very impressed with it. I've been stalking the site waiting for it to become available.. hope it grows out so I can offer some at better sizes and prices to fellow macro nuts.

I also got what they call red dragson, and a couple of other items. What they labeled as blue scroll is just a small triangle of brown.. I hope they will make it as the heat pack was dead and they where very cold.

I have an order in for a few items from GCE as well.. Did you get the medusa macro and the red one on that you posted pics of from ebay? I have the same exact ones, and the guy was really cool.. he's sent me a couple of messages seeing how they progressed because they arrived frozen.. offered to ship new ones, but I told him to hold off a couple of weeks to see if these make it.

I also picked up some stuff from reefcleaners ( the ulvo and the Gracilaria (ogo?) Much bigger potrions and a single HUGE clump of the Gracilaria Always good stuff from them.. even if they keep messing up on my porcelain crabs.. lol Last time they didn't send em.. this time they send 2 emeralds.. I'm destined to not own these crabs.. I'll have to get em local.

Nice looking tank.. Gorgonians are my next step.. I'm debating on tearing down the 10 and moving the stuff to a 20 long I have. Wife is already about to put a contract out on me.. lol

I'm growing out my lucky metallic at the moment. They've fully encrusted on two frag plugs, so i'm just waiting for the blades to grow out to a decent size where I can clip them

Thank you :)

Top green one is CYMOPOLIA BARBATA

I cannot figure out the yellow one yet.

The yellow one looks like euchema. I would expect it to get dark red with this lighting. The only time I've seen it have its bright yellow coloration is in natural sunlight

I'm growing out my lucky metallic at the moment. They've fully encrusted on two frag plugs, so i'm just waiting for the blades to grow out to a decent size where I can clip them

The yellow one looks like euchema. I would expect it to get dark red with this lighting. The only time I've seen it have its bright yellow coloration is in natural sunlight

Yea, last we spoke you mentioned that it was a really slow grower. I have 2 in there now, hopefully they will fill out over time.. How long did it take for them to get that size for you?

Yea, pretty big Rip off IMO. The Macro i got is the most expensive one they sell...lol. I got their red dragon also and its growing really good. I love how it looks now that its growing out.

I did get those two from Ebay, lol. Good guy, they're not doing the best IMO but hoping they will pull through. How are yours looking? growing good for you?

Gorgs are so awesome, Ill be getting more for sure. I want a sea whip and a purple sea fan also :)

I've got a ton of blue ochtodes right now that I'm trying to sell. I'm selling golf ball sized clumps for $15. Where are you located? I'm just worried about shipping if people are located somewhere cold. PM me if you're interested.

Yea, im interested. Ill pm you.

Please let me know ASAP when theyre available. I will send payment right away lol.

Thats what i thought it was, but i couldnt find a similar picture of one. You are right, mine is becoming more red.

Yea, last we spoke you mentioned that it was a really slow grower. I have 2 in there now, hopefully they will fill out over time.. How long did it take for them to get that size for you?

I've had those pieces growing out since July, but they're growth had a set back after I moved them into higher light and they nearly got wiped out. Now I have them in my macro tank where the nutrients are high and they're growing at a much quicker rate, allbeit still very slowly for a macro.

They have only been in the tank about a week now. They where in pretty bad shape at first.. The Medussa nest lost it's heads, but I noticed some coming back, so it should make it.. I'm going to order some from GCE when he gets em back in stock. He is really good with giving big portions.

The red stuff was also frozen when arrived, but seems to be bouncing back I had to cut off the tips because they where dead. The guy offered to reship, but I told him to hold off to see if I can save them.

Where did you get the Red Rose? I saw LA reefs had it, but it was out of stock and to be honest, I am pretty much done with them.

I am definitely done with LA reefs for sure. My Volcano algae is clearing at the tips and one branch so im going to clip that off tomorrow. I took pieces and put them in 3 types of flow and light just to try to save some if the main colony dies.

The red rose i got from LA reefs...-_- I already have way more than enough to clip. But i wouldnt ship it in winter unless it was next day i think because it is delicate and very thin.

I am definitely done with LA reefs for sure. My Volcano algae is clearing at the tips and one branch so im going to clip that off tomorrow. I took pieces and put them in 3 types of flow and light just to try to save some if the main colony dies.

The red rose i got from LA reefs...-_- I already have way more than enough to clip. But i wouldnt ship it in winter unless it was next day i think because it is delicate and very thin.

Let me know when you get enough red palm to clip as well and I'll buy some stuff off you, or trade you some other macros for them.

Let me know when you get enough red palm to clip as well and I'll buy some stuff off you, or trade you some other macros for them.

Maybe in the spring we can do a trade if I have something you want, or I can buy a clipping from you.

Maybe in the spring we can do a trade if I have something you want, or I can buy a clipping from you.

Definitely! We will just have to wait till spring :P are you planning on anymore macros?

That red palm is so pretty!!!

I was about to place an order from some macros from LA Reefs but after seeing your shipment and some others opinions I am not ordering from them.

I would love a piece if you do frag. Is there a true yellow macro out there? Just getting into them...

Definitely! We will just have to wait till spring :P are you planning on anymore macros?

Pretty much anything I can get my hands on.. lol I have a growout tank dedicated to them. gotta get a thread up one of these days.. I'm debating on switching the 10 out to a 20l since it is pretty tight in there already.

The tank started out as a pod growout for my mandarin in my reef tank, then.. well.. things got out of control. lol

It now houses a pistol shrimp and blue spotted goby pair, a ton of macro, and a couple of Mollies that where converted to salt the babies they make get few to the goby as well. When I transition it to the 20 I'll start a thread.. That is is the wife doesn't kill me first.

That red palm is so pretty!!!

I was about to place an order from some macros from LA Reefs but after seeing your shipment and some others opinions I am not ordering from them.

I would love a piece if you do frag. Is there a true yellow macro out there? Just getting into them...

Thanks, Yea, you're better off getting macros from GCE or from other reefers. They you will get a generous amount instead of a piece a quarter the size of your pinky toenail. :P

There are true yellow macros, they seem to be pretty hard to find though. Im pretty sure keydiver had a yellow macro at one point. Im on the lookout also though :P

I will be clipping and shipping my macros in the spring when the warm weather hits and by that time i will be overwhelmed with macros lol!

• Like 1
Pretty much anything I can get my hands on.. lol I have a growout tank dedicated to them. gotta get a thread up one of these days.. I'm debating on switching the 10 out to a 20l since it is pretty tight in there already.

The tank started out as a pod growout for my mandarin in my reef tank, then.. well.. things got out of control. lol

It now houses a pistol shrimp and blue spotted goby pair, a ton of macro, and a couple of Mollies that where converted to salt the babies they make get few to the goby as well. When I transition it to the 20 I'll start a thread.. That is is the wife doesn't kill me first.

Thats awesome! I cannot wait till i get my own mandarin. I'm just letting my tank mature before i dedicate to one. I have plenty more than enough pods but i still want to make sure everything stays good and stable. It would be a shame to get one just to have the beautiful creature die :(

What macro do you have at the moment? You should deffinitly go bigger with the tank though :P

I really want to do a 40 breeder Macro only tank next. I just need the cash flow lol. I might just set up my 14g biocube with the AI nano light. Just skeptical about macros and LED. I know it works great because im running a LED on my Pico for the AC50 fuge. But idk just because it doesnt hit the correct color temp as theyre cool whites.

You should just build a hidden mancave in your house to hide all your reef tanks in :P Then she cannot catch you! lol

I placed a order through reef cleaners today for my first time. I hear great things about john, so im excited to see how it goes.

Ulva

red gracilaria (different than the one i have now)

Caulerpa sertularioides

and a surprise penny macro :)

Alright, so i wasnt going to do any caulerpa but i need green in there and i read how great they are for nutrient export. Ill just make sure to trim it alot and keep in in the sand bed. Any advice on caulerpa would be great. :)

I placed a order through reef cleaners today for my first time. I hear great things about john, so im excited to see how it goes.

Ulva

red gracilaria (different than the one i have now)

Caulerpa sertularioides

and a surprise penny macro :)

Alright, so i wasnt going to do any caulerpa but i need green in there and i read how great they are for nutrient export. Ill just make sure to trim it alot and keep in in the sand bed. Any advice on caulerpa would be great. :)

You could try something like Neptune's Shaveing brush or Mermaid's wine/shot glass if you want some green. I don't remember seeing either of those in your pictures. I wish more places around here had maco clippings cheap. I know one person in town that has a lot of macro and I have gotten one thing from her but something in my tank ate it.

The Caulerpa I have doesn't care much what I do with it. The best growing bit is actually in a pickel jar on my desk with a bit of sand on the bottom. It gets a 6500k bulb several hours a day. I really don't think its all that picky about any thing.

You could try something like Neptune's Shaveing brush or Mermaid's wine/shot glass if you want some green. I don't remember seeing either of those in your pictures. I wish more places around here had maco clippings cheap. I know one person in town that has a lot of macro and I have gotten one thing from her but something in my tank ate it.

The Caulerpa I have doesn't care much what I do with it. The best growing bit is actually in a pickel jar on my desk with a bit of sand on the bottom. It gets a 6500k bulb several hours a day. I really don't think its all that picky about any thing.

I did have a shaving brush but it disintegrated. I have a mermaid fan also, i don't know what a mermaid shot glass is? never heard of that.

Im more curious about pruning the caulerpa to keep it under control so it does not over take anything.

I did have a shaving brush but it disintegrated. I have a mermaid fan also, i don't know what a mermaid shot glass is? never heard of that.

Im more curious about pruning the caulerpa to keep it under control so it does not over take anything.

I rather aggressivly cut the whole strand I got orginally. When I was done I had 10 or 15 cuttings. I don't think it has an issue with cutting.

Here is what I was talking about. It is listed here as Mermaid's wine glass. I want to get some one of these days. Hopefully I can find some. I am starting to get the itch to give a planted marine tank a go.

http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/reef-aquar...html#post530105

Oooo ok, Yea thats Acetabularia crennulata. It's a difficult macro to keep but ive been looking for some and i know live-plants.com carries it in spring.

I ordered 5 Red mangroves (rhizophora mangle) Thought id give them a try and they are amazing when they mature IMO.

I have one on order too. I am going to try and get it to grow in my DSB section of the sump.

I assume you have seen the black mangroves too.

Oooo ok, Yea thats Acetabularia crennulata. It's a difficult macro to keep but ive been looking for some and i know live-plants.com carries it in spring.

It's really only seasonal down here in the gulf. I have collected some each spring for the last 3 years, and have always had it die on me within a couple months.

It's really only seasonal down here in the gulf. I have collected some each spring for the last 3 years, and have always had it die on me within a couple months.

Damn.. Yea, i have never really seen it kept long term sadly. It is such a unique macro! Hope your tank is doing well keydiver. :D

I have one on order too. I am going to try and get it to grow in my DSB section of the sump.

I assume you have seen the black mangroves too.

Thats awesome, I might grow them completely separate from the tank till they sprout their roots and leaves. It really depends how big they are. The blacks are cool too. I saw a mangrove in a tank so big that he put the tank outside and had it grow out into his pond (freshwater) if i can find the picture ill post it, it was amazing though.

Archived